• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,572
  • Views 233,081

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought the Ornstein drop from a few days ago had an interesting comment.

“Havertz up top may influence Arsenal's decision - especially if Jesus also stays at the club.”

Wonder how likely that last part is.

I noticed that too.

The club definitely wants and needs to bring in another top forward player.

Would Jesus, Martinelli and Trossard all be content with a place on the bench?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I noticed that too.

The club definitely wants and needs to bring in another top forward player.

Would Jesus, Martinelli and Trossard all be content with a place on the bench?

They would be, but it'll be a case of interest and offers.

I am adamant we need a striker and winger, can't be going into next season with Kai and Jesus.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They would be, but it'll be a case of interest and offers.

I am adamant we need a striker and winger, can't be going into next season with Kai and Jesus.

The more I watch Kai, the more comfortable I am with him as our starting 9. Even if we do bring someone in, I don’t see Arteta trusting anyone over Kai at the moment. He’s firmly in the Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Gabriel, Saliba group now I think.

If we can get a quality starting LW along with Bruno G in the middle, I’m more than content with that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Have we actually been linked with Rashford?
There was a link to Rashford in early February from Football Insider, who sound like BS’ers by name but have got a few things right before.

He certainly fits the profile that Ornstein mentioned of being able to play out wide or centrally.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
There was a link to Rashford in early February from Football Insider, who sound like BS’ers by name but have got a few things right before.

He certainly fits the profile that Ornstein mentioned of being able to play out wide or centrally.

This place will have a meltdown worse than 007 era if we get Rashford 🍿

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The more I watch Kai, the more comfortable I am with him as our starting 9. Even if we do bring someone in, I don’t see Arteta trusting anyone over Kai at the moment. He’s firmly in the Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Gabriel, Saliba group now I think.

If we can get a quality starting LW along with Bruno G in the middle, I’m more than content with that.
This is such small time thinking. Reminds me of how Martinelli was unmovable last season. People get carried away with good players going through good phases.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Except he really can’t play in the middle. Yes United have put him there to counter teams. But you can’t play as a striker if you never want to have any contact with a CB. Rashford 2/3 last season has been horrendous. It screams I can’t fix my problems with Martinelli I seek other problems to fix

• Hmm
Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It’s not good enough depth tho. I’m fine with him as first choice but what happens when he’s injured? Suddenly we’re looking very thin up top.

We also need to hope Kai continues with this form because if he doesn’t we’ll be ****ed, similar to Nelli’s random drop off.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s not good enough depth tho. I’m fine with him as first choice but what happens when he’s injured? Suddenly we’re looking very thin up top.

We also need to hope Kai continues with this form because if he doesn’t we’ll be ****ed, similar to Nelli’s random drop off.

I may be in the minority here, but I think Jesus is a very adequate back up striker. I get the injury concern with him but the chances are he’s not going anywhere and we’ll have to make use of him. You’ve also got Trossard that can do a job there.

Numbers wise we’ll be fine after we bring in another forward, and they’ve got some wiggle room as to whether that’s a CF or winger.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I may be in the minority here, but I think Jesus is a very adequate back up striker. I get the injury concern with him but the chances are he’s not going anywhere and we’ll have to make use of him. You’ve also got Trossard that can do a job there.

Numbers wise we’ll be fine after we bring in another forward, and they’ve got some wiggle room as to whether that’s a CF or winger.

I’m just not convinced at the moment and had Kai not been performing the way he is we’d probably be closer to 4th.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the issue is G.Jesus nowhere near of giving you 15 goals in league if he was capable him and havertz can get you 30 goals combined in league but he not and he getting worse so we have to sell Eddie and get a CF that can help us and use G.Jesus in wings or a CF if there injury crisis.

first we have to sell ESR Nelson and Eddie to create some space for tow extra attackers we won't buy anyone if these guys still here.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom