• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,585
  • Views 181,415

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Sesko will be better buy than Gyokeres imo better potintial younger and will be cheaper for us too. we need to sign winger because this is 4 straight year Saka has no backup
His numbers aren't great tho. He appears to be a 1 in 3 striker at most. Gyo is a LOT more prolific.

Sungod

We dont have time though. Tets aint into that unless you show it straight away.
Sesko will get 1 year easy as he is coming to learn and Share load with Jesus and Havertz.

Arteta takes prospects and gives time.
Kiwior took 1 year to gel.
Viera was given more time.

Whomsoever Arteta signs will be given time if he is a prospect.

A sure thing as Rice costs 105m. We will still have to take punts on prospects since the next season those current prospects will become unattainable.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sesko will be better buy than Gyokeres imo better potintial younger and will be cheaper for us too. we need to sign winger because this is 4 straight year Saka has no backup
It depends on how they approach it. Jesus played like half of his minutes for City at RW. He can likely stay fit enough to rotate with Saka, as Saka is very durable. No need for a top RW, that's for sure. Someone like Williams has played more on the LW, but is two-footed so can play RW too.

They might buy Sesko and Williams for example, which would be fine, but then it's getting tough for Trossard to get any minutes. Unless he suddenly can play in midfield better.

CannonBals

This window almost everything is dependent on outgoings not just for finances but even more for squad positions.

Nelson - New Winger
Nketieh - New ST
Zinchenko - New LB
Partey/Jorginho/ESR - New CM (8/6)
Ramsdale - New GK

This is almost completely opposite to last window as none of the signings were dependent on outgoings (Maybe Raya/Turner).
So difficult to see us move early this time especially with Euros.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Aye, but you'd tink that Isak and Bruno would be the last players they'd sell. We'll see. I think we're in a good place right now.
They probably sell one to balance the books. City want Bruno we want Isak who moves first? With Isaks injury record id pass although he does look like he'd fit like a glove.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

This window almost everything is dependent on outgoings not just for finances but even more for squad positions.

Nelson - New Winger
Nketieh - New ST
Zinchenko - New LB
Partey/Jorginho/ESR - New CM (8/6)
Ramsdale - New GK

This is almost completely opposite to last window as none of the signings were dependent on outgoings (Maybe Raya/Turner).
So difficult to see us move early this time especially with Euros.

We made a loss of £52M last year right? And £45M the year before. So this year we can’t make a loss of more than £10-20M.

However, everything’s going to be boosted. Revenue, broadcasting revenue, we’ve got more CL money. Our revenue went up by £95M recently.

Another rule comes into play where clubs can’t spend more than 85% of revenue on players/wages/agent fees etc.

We’ve got a huge amount of wiggle room because we didn’t blow our load in January.

LookingForEric

KSE can also pump in up to £100M if necessary. As the athletic said recently Arsenal are in a healthy position financially.

I’m expecting a huge summer. I think we’ll probably get Raya and one other long term target wrapped up within the first couple of weeks. After that it depends how the club wants to split the money on the books.

After the obvious sales we’re going to make I believe we’ll spend roughly £250M this summer on 5 players including Raya.

According to Orny we’re going for a younger striker which opens up a world of opportunities in midfield for huge money.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We made a loss of £52M last year right? And £45M the year before. So this year we can’t make a loss of more than £10-20M.

However, everything’s going to be boosted. Revenue, broadcasting revenue, we’ve got more CL money. Our revenue went up by £95M recently.

Another rule comes into play where clubs can’t spend more than 85% of revenue on players/wages/agent fees etc.

We’ve got a huge amount of wiggle room because we didn’t blow our load in January.

Swiss Ramble estimated Arsenal had about £80m-£90m wiggle room in terms of FFP in the last accounts (2022/23). Even if you factor in the big spend last summer we made decent profit on some of our sales so we could make a bigger loss than £10m-£20m.

LookingForEric

Swiss Ramble estimated Arsenal had about £80m-£90m wiggle room in terms of FFP in the last accounts (2022/23). Even if you factor in the big spend last summer we made decent profit on some of our sales so we could make a bigger loss than £10m-£20m.

That’s good to know! Whilst it was a frustrating window in January I’m now very glad we didn’t spend big money.

CannonBals

All losses are not accounted in current FFP. There are many deductions without which half the teams would be charged.
We have good wiggle room. Especially from next year with new commercial deals.

That is why I mentioned that selling is important to clear squad spaces. We have a big squad now even if the manager does not fancy many and many are injury prone. This window onwards mostly it will be 1 in 1 out.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think it's more Josh Kroenke effect. Ever since he's become more involved the spending has really gone up. Stan Kroenke is notoriously cheap and doesn't really care about the sport itself, Josh seems different.

I think Stan Kroenke didn't want to invest in AFC when Usmanov was a shareholder. Investing in before the buy out would have increased the money he'd have to pay Usmanov. I don't think it's a coincidence spending increased after the buy out

It's just a pity Wenger never got to see these levels of investment.

Still let's also not discount that our talent ID has been much better than Chelsea, United and probably Liverpool. It looks like we had a smarter summer than Man City too.

CannonBals

I think Stan Kroenke didn't want to invest in AFC when Usmanov was a shareholder. Investing in before the buy out would have increased the money he'd have to pay Usmanov. I don't think it's a coincidence spending increased after the buy out

It's just a pity Wenger never got to see these levels of investment.

Still let's also not discount that our talent ID has been much better than Chelsea, United and probably Liverpool. It looks like we had a smarter summer than Man City too.

Wenger did spend money in his last few seasons. He spent it very badly
Mustafi (the whole defence actually)
Xhaka over Kante
Laca and PEA within 6 months of each other

LookingForEric

All losses are not accounted in current FFP. There are many deductions without which half the teams would be charged.
We have good wiggle room. Especially from next year with new commercial deals.

That is why I mentioned that selling is important to clear squad spaces. We have a big squad now even if the manager does not fancy many and many are injury prone. This window onwards mostly it will be 1 in 1 out.

I don’t disagree with us having to get rid of some players. But I do think we’ll sign 2 or 3 and be proactive again before making a sale.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom