• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,732
  • Views 187,338

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Donald Duck Money GIF

Willian making sure Edu gets his cut.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Onana and Zubimendi shows the club are interested in only signing these 'versatile' 6/8 hybrids. Zubimendi creativity isn't that great as Merino takes that mantle for his club.

We're not going to be targeting a genuine left 8 who can dribble out of play and lessen the creative burden of Ødegaard until Arteta admits he was wrong on Havertz midfield experiment.
There is a good chance nwaneri just take that spot early next season

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Onana and Zubimendi shows the club are interested in only signing these 'versatile' 6/8 hybrids. Zubimendi creativity isn't that great as Merino takes that mantle for his club.

We're not going to be targeting a genuine left 8 who can dribble out of play and lessen the creative burden of Ødegaard until Arteta admits he was wrong on Havertz midfield experiment.

We definitely need an #8 to spread the creative load, and keep Ødegaard high and between the lines as much as possible, where he is most dangerous.

Havertz at #8 though, or occupying those space in our attacking shape, is not an experiment. It has clear benefits as it creates a decisional crisis with opposition defenders, as they have to track him but also realise that doing that creates spaces behind to be exploited. We've scored a few good goals from these type of situations, and that was one of the key tactics that was focused on to break Villa's last line.

Back to the #8 profile, I think with Havertz movement, I'd like to see a player that can move from #8 into the #9 role situationally, to allow us to continue to exploit Havertz ability to drag defenders around. Douglas Luiz is probably that player for me, similar to Ødegaard in that he can drop deep to receive and move beyond midfield and finish. That sort of dynamic from both 8s will create massive problems and add depth to our creative department as well.

But yes, a clear area where we need to focus, to open up our left side more.

Onana for me is Rice cover, and also allows us to play with Rice more advanced, using his interception and carrying higher up. Zubimendi, I am not such a fan of. Would prefer D Luiz as he gives us more speed in addition to tempo. Get in these two profiles into midfield and we'll be able to play in 4 competitions next season.

Sungod

Onana for me is Rice cover, and also allows us to play with Rice more advanced, using his interception and carrying higher up. .
Onana will cost too much and he can get a starting spot in many teams.
I want him to be at this club but for half money we can get Y Fofana.
This is last year when FFP is more strict.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I am just worried about his athletic quality for PL.
Zubimendi would make Rice permanent 8 and we would be fvcked. If that happens Ødegaard would be wise to ask for a move. We basically doing what we did to rvp and cesc with him. Give him trash options in his prime and tell him waste your prime on an impossible task. Give Ødegaard technically adapt midfielder to play with

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Besides Rashford who else even fits that profile. Gordon has played upfront a few times but his stock is way too high. Are the signs pointing to Isak again?

Think MR10 could do decent in an Arteta team but all the baggage attached would make it a nightmare signing. Also not been too impressed with him this season, even allowing for United being a shambles.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Loïs Openda But he doesn't have clause this year. And fee has to be in region of 80-100.

Openda at 9 and Nico at LW can terrorize people.
Which means we have to go for cheaper 6/8 and for that Y Fofana from Monaco with last year seems good.
Openda has the clown gene in front of goal. Misses big chances like Darwin Nunez.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Besides Rashford who else even fits that profile. Gordon has played upfront a few times but his stock is way too high. Are the signs pointing to Isak again?

Think MR10 could do decent in an Arteta team but all the baggage attached would make it a nightmare signing. Also not been too impressed with him this season, even allowing for United being a shambles.
Rashford back is fvcked. He can’t outrun players like he used to. Outside of the laziness and bad attitude. He is on physical decline

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I'd like Xavi Simons for the 8. Could also deputise for Ode. Unlikely to happen tho.

Zubi just seems like another Jorginho. Bit of a 'safe' signing.

Onana could work as an 8. He's physical & a powerful runner. Unsure about his passing & press resistance tho.

We should avoid Rashford. Good player, but too much baggage & media attention. My pick would be Leao.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The filter is pretty narrow. There aren’t many top players who are proven that can comfortably cover both out wide and as a striker - could be another Kai situation where we try to be too smart rather than getting one for each position as I think we need both regardless. I would have said Isak but @A_G mentioned two pages back that Ornstein said it’s not happening. Mind you, I would have been pretty content with him.

Ngl Gordon has impressed but you’re right that is pretty unrealistic, same goes for Cunha. Really like the look of him but not sure where he’d fit in our system. I guess he’s another unrealistic one since Wolves spent 50m on him last summer and I can’t see them letting go of him that easily:

Giving me Moussa Dembele at Sp**s vibes.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom