• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,956
  • Views 199,058

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
DecJong has never scored more than 3 goals in a league season or had more than 4 assists. He also can’t defend. Very poor defensive awareness. He has high carries cause he goes so deep, runs 15 yard with the ball and side pass. That’s his whole game

By that metric, you wouldn't rate Modric either. That's not their primary job. Statistically their similar, in fact De Jong is better statistically right now.

Let's compare him statistically to Modric, Rodri, Jorginho and Partey

Per 90 - Most threw balls, second most forward passes, highest passing accuracy, least possession lost. And that doesn't account for carries, which I think he's the highest ranking at.

As for his defensive ability, I believe it'll be better or on par with Xhaka, Jorginho and Havertz, who he'd effectively be replacing in the line up

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

By that metric, you wouldn't rate Modric either. That's not their primary job. Statistically their similar, in fact De Jong is better statistically right now.

Let's compare him statistically to Modric, Rodri, Jorginho and Partey

Per 90 - Most threw balls, second most forward passes, highest passing accuracy, least possession lost. And that doesn't account for carries, which I think he's the highest ranking at.

As for his defensive ability, I believe it'll be better or on par with Xhaka, Jorginho and Havertz, who he'd effectively be replacing in the line up

I trust my judgement ahead of stats. I talked about Rice limitations all summer and was thrown stats in my face. Football is not only about stats

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I trust my judgement ahead of stats. I talked about Rice limitations all summer and was thrown stats in my face. Football is not only about stats

aN9n0Fd.png

0Ku0M6b.png

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
So you expected even less of a 100 million player than he has shown?

I didn't expect 2 game winning late goals
I didn't expect a goal to get us back into the game vs Chelsea.
I didn't expect this quality of set piece delivery.

He has been a massive part of why we have been so good defensively, the last 3 or so games doesn't change that.

You are being so reactionary.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I didn't expect 2 game winning late goals
I didn't expect a goal to get us back into the game vs Chelsea.
I didn't expect this quality of set piece delivery.

He has been a massive part of why we have been so good defensively, the last 3 or so games doesn't change that.

You are being so reactionary.

Rice has made 3 goal-line clearances himself as well, probably won us a total 12 points.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you know anything about football. The environment and tactics play big role. Arsenal was ready to spend 70 million on him

Agree, he’d probably look completely different in another system.

Eric Dier as rubbish as he is just proved that point during the week. He went from not being good enough to start for Sp**s to picking up the MOTM in a CL quarter final vs us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Agree, he’d probably look completely different in another system.

Eric Dier as rubbish as he is just proved that point during the week. He went from not being good enough to start for Sp**s to picking up the MOTM in a CL quarter final vs us.
And Tuchel prefers him ahead of seria defender of the year and France starting CB. A lot of players are close in talent, but can look very different in different set ups, managers trust and just general environment

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom