• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,721
  • Views 238,976

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm only Rashford in to get trusted approval from the sausage gang!

Honestly, I don't care. Arteta has proved he could win the league with Stoke players. We are winning it either this month or next season.
Arteta has not proved he can win the league with any players actually

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Happy Premier League GIF by Play Sports

He has the same amount of goals/assists this season as he had the 21/22 season. So, no, no significant improvement.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He has the same amount of goals/assists this season as he had the 21/22 season. So, no, no significant improvement.
Except that you think your wording is clever when it's not because you're sneakily trying to count goal contributions from 21/22 that include the Club World Cup and Carabao Cup to avoid admitting that his statistics in the Premier League this season are comfortably the best he has ever managed. Better to just not reply than be a weasel. You were wrong, he quite clearly has improved not just statistically but to the eye and even his most vociferous critics from earlier in the season can admit that.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Except that you think your wording is clever when it's not because you're sneakily trying to count goal contributions from 21/22 that include the Club World Cup and Carabao Cup to avoid admitting that his statistics in the Premier League this season are comfortably the best he has ever managed. Better to just not reply than be a weasel. You were wrong, he quite clearly has improved not just statistically but to the eye and even his most vociferous critics from earlier in the season can admit that.

I included all his goals/assists just like i did when i looked at his stats this season (he scored one of his goals in the Champions League).
But if we exclude the Club World Cup and the Carabao Cup he had 16 goals/assists in the 21/22 season. So its still not a significant improvement.
Im unsure if you should include goals/assists against Luton and Sheffield, 2 awful teams that can't defend at all, this season btw but i did that anyway.
I can admit that he looks better as a striker than in midfield (the fact that Teta used him there confirm that he is a complete idìot) but he is not a very good striker (Jesus had almost the same amount of goals/assists in the league last season) and i really hope we get rid of him in the summer. We need a decent striker.

mpower2540

You think he’d do well? I get the interest in that type of threat from the left but I think he’s such a limited player tbh. I feel like there aren’t too many things he’s that great at. Isn’t there a better version of that somewhere? He’s also 26 now so I don’t know how much moulding can happen.
I don’t hate the Rashford talk tbh. He’s extremely fast and has an absolute cannon of a shot. He’s been playing for an absolute shambles of a team and quite frankly he’s been no worse than Garnacho who seems to be the 2nd coming of Maradona according to their fan base.

Defenders **** themselves when he runs at them and everyone slags him off for his lack of pressing but he’s so dangerous.

He’s probably never going to be Mbappe or one of the very best but if you got the best out of him he’s a weapon. A confident Rashford in the right set up is a hugely dangerous player for me.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think we're going to sign Olise this summer.

I can see him at left 8 and a rotation option for Saka on the right.

PL experienced, young with significant room for improvement, good technical ability, versatile, decent workrate. Feels like an Arteta / Edu signing to me.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

PL experienced, young with significant room for improvement, good technical ability, versatile, decent workrate. Feels like an Arteta / Edu signing to me.
Think he’s a good shout, but I’d see him as Saka and Øde rotation more than anything. Don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter (yet) if we want to compete at the highest level.

CannonBals

Would love this...
He can play as Saka backup or Ødegaard backup and the biggest issue we have with finding backups for them is our Right side bias and great understanding between those two and White.
I think Olise can slot in it, he needs to improve his defensive workrate but he can do that I think as he has improved to some extent on that.

Also he can play as LCM along with those two if we are chasing a game. His injury record can be a concern though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom