• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,756
  • Views 243,137

Tom349

The question that I ask myself is this:
Do we need a back up more for RW and AMC then improve on LW. Honestly think that Martinelli, Trossard and Jesus are very good options for LW, not world class but the dept of quality is there. While for AMC we have Ødegaard, ESR and Vieira and RW Saka and Nelson.

I honestly would get rid of ESR, Vieira, Nelson and have 2 proper backup for RW and AMC then LW.

What is a must is CM/DM and LB. For CM/DM I would go for Angelo Stiller from Stuttgart. Seems the perfect fit for our style of play.

Counter point would be if we upgrade LW then the exisiting options could become the depth for RW.

Agree in regards to outgoings. For me Olise should be a target to replace ESR, Nelson and possibly Viera (more inclined to keep him over the other options). Olise could then become an option for challenging Saka/Ødegaard and possibly playing at left 8.

Getting a bit wish-listy but ideal outcome for our attack next season me would be.

Out: Trossard, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah.
In: Isak, Olise, promote Nwaneri

Mudi

Counter point would be if we upgrade LW then the exisiting options could become the depth for RW.

Agree in regards to outgoings. For me Olise should be a target to replace ESR, Nelson and possibly Viera (more inclined to keep him over the other options). Olise could then become an option for challenging Saka/Ødegaard and possibly playing at left 8.

Getting a bit wish-listy but ideal outcome for our attack next season me would be.

Out: Trossard, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah.
In: Isak, Olise, promote Nwaneri

I don't agree with the fact LW RW is interchangeable. Why?

If you look closely at how Saka plays, when we build from the back, we play Saka on his left foot given he plays RW. Naturally his body is positioned to the middle when he turns. A lot of option to play to AMC, MC, FW, RB, ... for quick passing/transition. When in attack, he is more a tread to cut inside leaving space to White to do the overlap.

I only see Trossard possible playing RW but Arteta even prefers Vieira above Trossard at RW.

And why would you get rid of Trossard? Our supersub and best finisher of the team ...

Tom349

I don't agree with the fact LW RW is interchangeable. Why?

If you look closely at how Saka plays, when we build from the back, we play Saka on his left foot given he plays RW. Naturally his body is positioned to the middle when he turns. A lot of option to play to AMC, MC, FW, RB, ... for quick passing/transition. When in attack, he is more a tread to cut inside leaving space to White to do the overlap.

I only see Trossard possible playing RW but Arteta even prefers Vieira above Trossard at RW.

And why would you get rid of Trossard? Our supersub and best finisher of the team ...

Didn't say they were but having Jesus and Martinelli as options for RW is better than the options than we currently have.

You miss the part where I mentioned signing Olise?

About to turn 30 so last chance to cash in and Isak should we sign makes him expendable.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Bruno 🇧🇷🇧🇷
Ferguson 🇮🇪🇮🇪
Williams 🇪🇸🇪🇸
Valles 🇪🇸🇪🇸

We waited.... for this?

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

In all seriousness, i like the list. Surprised you've dropped Zubimendi given how much of an advocate you were.

It’s more based on the Bruno links tbh, he’s not a player I want but I see why the club will go for him.

I also rate Williams and Fergi much higher than most and don’t see them as these bench guys everyone else does.

outlawz

You do what Madrid did with Endrick right. This kid wouldn’t come into our team for like another 2 years at least, no need to pay it all now.

I say all this never having heard of this kid before btw. I’m just generally pre disposed to this sort of deal. Spanish teams have had this pipeline on lockdown and it’s pissed me off.
You sign young players and give them the Saliba treatment. First let them stay at their club, then a loan them to another club, then you bring them home. Also, don't register them for a squad to show who is boss.

benjamin86

Established Member
You sign young players and give them the Saliba treatment. First let them stay at their club, then a loan them to another club, then you bring them home. Also, don't register them for a squad to show who is boss.
Alternatively you do register them like Saliba so they count as homegrown.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Will have been an excellent decision to renew Nketiah if we can get upwards of 30M.

The 2-1 loss to Fulham ended him. Arteta made it his new years resolution to drop him after witnessing that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Will have been an excellent decision to renew Nketiah if we can get upwards of 30M.

The 2-1 loss to Fulham ended him. Arteta made it his new years resolution to drop him after witnessing that.
I think you will be disappointed if you expect those type of figures. If we get 15 million for nketiah we done really well

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom