• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,842
  • Views 246,478

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Not sure really but I took it to mean youth potential. I’d consider Hato to be a Saliba type of signing.

I think the way footballs going, those types of signings will be more and more important. It’s basically what Real Madrids current model is built on: invest heavily in super talents.

Yeah I thought it meant we were just gonna be more active in recruiting young kids into our academy. Not transfer fees as such but “investment” in other ways…

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hato is not good enough in the Eredivisie. Have people even seen him play or do they want him because he's at Ajax at the age of 17?

We should not buy him.
I haven’t seen him outside of 1 game tbh. But I think him being 17 and getting the captain armband has made people believe he is something out of this world

But I don’t care how good or mature you are. There is no way a 17 year old should be captained a club of Ajax size and leading a whole team older than him. It just sound irresponsible

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hato is too young to be trusted like many young talent but look like the club don't want to waste the opportunity or he'll be more expensive

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
This kid is a CB. A 17 year old who is not even a good CB in much lower league I wouldn’t sign him to a new position. This nonsense making center backs fullbacks has to stop. Just cause it worked on White, doesn’t mean it will work on every CB

Just buy a left back
I agree, but maybe finding a LB with the qualities Teta likes is difficult ? I dunno.

I'm not saying we should by this Hato guy, but just making comment on the rumour tbh.

Seems like Teta wants to copy Pep. It's seems to work for him, but he has luxury of top quality depth to pick from.

Miguel Gutierrez would be my pick for LB depth...but we all know Teta loves a CB !

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
lol what’s all this talk? Are we signing another CB or something?!

Unnecessary I think.

Yup. But oh sooo predictable…

(Unnecessary is a bit harsh but it’s like 4th priority for me)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's called Branthwaite. Left footed 6'5 expensive CB, would probably be the end of Kiwior.
Damn I always thought his name Braithwate 😂. But yeah he meant the Everton CB I don't think we in position wasting money in him when Gabriel and Saliba already here specially when Everton gonna demand 60M+

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Just shift Ben White, Timber, Tomi or Kiwior in there and sign a LB. I’d rather we focus our attention on our left hand side than sign another CB.

If you're putting Kiwior at LCB we're dropping points. Just been on Everton forum and Branthwaite seems to be their best player and they reckon generational, huge upside there. He has the most interceptions in his own penalty in the league too. I didn't know who he was this morning but now I want him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yup. But oh sooo predictable…

(Unnecessary is a bit harsh but it’s like 4th priority for me)

It really feels like we sign or are linked to a CB every window 😂

We have two of the best CB’s in the league with a bunch of other decent CB’s on the books, so I don’t see how it benefits us by just stocking up on another. If they somehow all get injured next season then shift Declan Rice in there if need be.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Damn I always thought his name Braithwate 😂. But yeah he meant the Everton CB I don't think we in position wasting money in him when Gabriel and Saliba already here specially when Everton gonna demand 60M+

Everton fans reckon he's a generation talent. 60m would be a bargain if that's the case. Helps them with FFP. United also linked to him, so he'd bench Martinez or they'd put Martinez as LB

It really feels like we sign or are linked to a CB every window 😂

We have two of the best CB’s in the league with a bunch of other decent CB’s on the books, so I don’t see how it benefits us by just stocking up on another. If they somehow all get injured next season then shift Declan Rice in there if need be.

How do you rate this Brainwater guy? Would you sign him if the opportunity came?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you're putting Kiwior at LCB we're dropping points. Just been on Everton forum and Branthwaite seems to be their best player and they reckon generational, huge upside there. He has the most interceptions in his own penalty in the league too. I didn't know who he was this morning but now I want him.

Moving to Arsenal to sit on the bench wouldn’t be the smartest move for Branthwaite as there’s zero chance he gets ahead of Gabriel. He’s been the best CB in the PL this season.

Also what would Everton want for him? 60m+? As he’s English. Again it’s about priorities. If it isn’t broke, why fix it?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Moving to Arsenal to sit on the bench wouldn’t be the smartest move for Branthwaite as there’s zero chance he gets ahead of Gabriel. He’s been the best CB in the PL this season.

Also what would Everton want for him? 60m+? As he’s English. Again it’s about priorities. If it isn’t broke, why fix it?

Yeah I think when you have the best performing defence and a proper CB pairing. Signing another young CB for 60 million makes no sense. If we want a CB, just get an experienced late 20 solid CB

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom