• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Australia V England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Sydney wont go all the way, nor will Adelaide. Port Adelaide will be weaker this year, especially with the loss of Nick Stevens. The teams to look out for this year are St. Kilda and the mighty Geelong Cats! Their youth is going to spring into life this year.

Hopefully a Victorian team wins it this year, even if it is Collingwood. I cant stand seeing all these interstate teams taking the premiership out of Victoria! :wink: ;D

KoLo28

LOL @ Geelong

They won't even make the top eight! 92 94 were great years!\

WCE Premiers 2004!!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
God please dont remind me of '92 and '94! I still have nightmares!

And dont remind me of '89 or '95 either! I still have nightmares!

Maybe this year we will prove everyone wrong. Top 8, here we come! The Pussies are gonna claw their way up the ladder this time!

GOD I HATE WEST COAST!!

Aussie

Established Member
I just cant see the cats making the 8. They have some talent but it aint quite ready yet.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I just cant see the cats making the 8. They have some talent but it aint quite ready yet.

Oh they'll make it....dont you worry! :twisted:

If they dont, i'll......i'll......i'll.......do something bad! :twisted: :twisted:

Aussie

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:

Oh they'll make it....dont you worry! :twisted:

If they dont, i'll......i'll......i'll.......do something bad! :twisted: :twisted:

Round 10
Sunday 30th May
Port v Geelong
(AAMI Stadium)

Well that game you will loose for sure 8)

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
We shall wait and see...but i remember the last time everyone thought Port was gonna beat Geelong, i remember just as if it was yesterday........

*FLASHBACK SEQUENCE*

"...........Ben Graham has the ball outside 50 with seconds remaining, Cats down by 5. Graham hoists it deep inside Geelongs attacking 50....SCARLETT.......................cant get to the ball, but its bouncing, bouncing, bouncing........GOAL TO THE CATS! Its bounced through with seconds remaining and Geelong lead by a solitary point!"

*FLASHBACK SEQUENCE*

ah yes.....the memories are good are they not!?! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aussie

Established Member
Well in that case no the memories were not good. Still i dont think the players were mentally switched on for that game as they were pretty much assured of top spot.

Asterix

Established Member
Look - this is all very simple. Australia is better because I live here. Sydney is better than Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth for the same reason.

It has been statistically proven that Australian men have larger timber than Englishmen. :lol: :lol:

At work I prefer talking to the many Englishmen because they can hold intelligent meaningful discussions about soccer - one is still a West Stand season ticket holder.

OZGunner

I have just about had enough of reading much of the the short sighted arrogance that comes from that gerbil fellow, his crapping on about the word cup win on our soil blah blah blah... Guess what RUGBY IS ****E! (any code League is better than union though). Too many of you pommy c*nts live in the past with 1966 and all that ****. We take an unhealthy interest in beating you because it like in life it is a great feeling when you beat your older brother. But it is so special beating you at your own game! My apathy towards Kiwis is probably the same as many of you Brits have towards us, they are smaller. But that does not mean that I don't show them RESPECT!!! :respect

We obviously weren't up for that 3-1 humiliation of England at Upton Park last year, cos we let Jeffers score :eek:ops: Playing the Faroe Islands is meaningless WC Qualifier or not!

Maybe you poms (no offence to anyone who doesn't like me using the term) should take a leaf out of an Australian's book and instead of fighting wars on the battlefield, do it on the sporting arena...Imagine the Kashmere crisis beiong solved by an two leg test series between India and Pakistan, OR the holder of the trophy controls the country :lol: (sure we are in Iraq, but it was most unpopular down here).

While I am on it, historically Britain has been more than happy to f*ck us (& NZ) over on the battlefields eg. Gallipoli. Besides Australians can fight too, (Lone Pine and Gallipoli and the Dardanells) just remember some of your history at sacrificing Australians in WWI before you decide we are not worth worrying about.

Instead of waging a war on Iraq, you could have played them at a sport they give a **** about (umm i dunno like rugby :woot cos so many countries play it. ) . I know that this is a simplistic viewpoint but so are most pacifist attitudes.

It also pains me to see how clearly ignorant some of you people are towards Australians because the only pommy bashing I know of is to do with sport, and when Australia is not involved (eg 2002 Soccer World Cup)the majority of people I know went for England. Personally I wanted Germany to win it, and I wanted the Argies, the Swedes and French to roll England. I did want England to beat Brazil though.

I find so much about English attitudes to be incredibly snobbish towards Australia, and its people, which makes the pleasure of kicking your arse all the more enjoyable.

Both sides of the argument have merit (I listen to the BBC World service everynight its true Australia hardly gets a mention in everyday life stuff), perhaps we are too full of ourselves, that is because (lets face it )we do overachieve culturally, acting & movie production, medical research wise and sporting wise .

Do us a favour if you are bag Aussie Rules learn something about the game, the requirements to play it (fitness and skills) professionally (you have to admit it is amazing to watch ) before you give us your preconceived bullsh*t ideas about it. :angel

BECAUSE MATTHEW LLOYD WOULD BE A BETTER CENTRE FORWARD THAN DENNIS BERGKAMP WOULD A FULL FORWARD! (And he (or Barry Hall) would acquit himself well with the best Highbury could offer Right Aussies???) :whistling :thumbup

For that bloke who left Ausrtralia for a better country, good on you I hope you like living in a 2 bedroom flat with 3 generations of your family, and choking from the atmosphere cos you are all burning coal cos it is so f*cking cold :p

I wish the Wizard cup final was between Melbourne & Geelong (no not the semi), it would be good for both sides, F*ck the Saints we wanna win the real comp! GO BOMBERS!!!

Asterix

Established Member
The vitriol spewing forth into this thread is quite amusing. Well done everyone. Time now to close this thread.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I have just about had enough of reading much of the the short sighted arrogance that comes from that gerbil fellow, his crapping on about the word cup win on our soil blah blah blah... Guess what RUGBY IS s***e! (any code League is better than union though). Too many of you pommy c*nts live in the past with 1966 and all that s**t. We take an unhealthy interest in beating you because it is like in life it is a great feeling when you beat your older brother. But it is so special beating you at your own game! My apathy towards Kiwis is probably the same as many of you brits have towards us, they are smaller. But that does not mean that I don't show them RESPECT!!!

Maybe you poms (no offence to anyone who doesn't like me using the term) should take a leaf out of an Australian's book and instead of fighting wars on the battlefield, do it on the sporting arena...Imagine the Kashmere crisis beiong solved by an two leg test series between India and Pakistan, OR the holder of the trophy controls the country

Instead of waging a war on Iraq, you could have played them at a sport they give a s**t about (umm i dunno like rugby ) . I know that this is a simplistic viewpoint but so are most pacifist attitudes.

It also pains me to see how clearly ignorant some of you people are towards Australian's because the only pommy bashing I know of is to do with sport, and when Australia is not involved (eg 2002 Soccer World Cup)the majority of people I know went for England. Personally I wanted Germany to win it, and I wanted the Argies, the Swedes and French to roll England. I did want England to beat Brazil though.

I find so much about England's attitudes to be incredibly snobbish towards Australia, and its people, which makes the pleasure of kicking your arse all the more enjoyable.

Both sides of the argument have merit (I listen to the BBC World service everynight its ture Australia hardly gets a mention in everyday life stuff), perhaps we are too full of ourselves, that is because (lets face it )we do overachieve culturally, acting & movie production, medical research wise and sporting wise .

Do us a favour if you bag Aussie Rules learn something about the game, the requirements of it and the ability to play it before you give us you preconceived bullshit ideas about it.

final point for that bloke who left Ausrtralia for a better country, good on you I hope you like living in a 2 bedroom flat with 3 generations of your family, and choking from the atmosphere

In other words.....Australia Rocks! ;D

OZGunner

Nah I think the lions will win I have 600,000 reasons why!
Watch for the Bombers (OF COURSE), the maggots, BTW I think it was Andrew not all their supporters are ferals, just the vast majority of them I even know a couple who can manipulate their fingers to write with pencils :clap . The Saints need to deliver (but IMO will not) Port won't win enough midfield ball to seriously contend, they will have their days though and will cause some tops sides some grief. The swans and crows will be thereabouts, Cats could well be on the rise, the blues will struggle, as will the kangaroos. nathan brown will not be the second coming of Christ, the tigers should suck again! :lol: Dockers and Eagles are going to be good the dockers after their finals appearance should have learned a bit. I think that is it, Oh yeah the Bulldogs will be competitive as well.
Melbourne and the Hawks will be big improvers. Too even to put into particulat order but here goes : lions Bombers, maggots, Hawks, W.C.E. (Regards Kolo 28) Dockers, Crows Melbourne.
9-16 umm Power, Cats, swans, saints, richmond, kangaroos, Bulldogs, caaarlton I HOPE! Yes I respect Port, but I stand by my earlier comments 3 Copeland trophies in a row is a magnificent feat though!

Soler

Established Member
Spinksy said:
Look - this is all very simple. Australia is better because I live here. Sydney is better than Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth for the same reason.

Just watch out for Redfern :wink:

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Too even to put into particulat order but here goes : lions Bombers, maggots, Hawks, W.C.E. (Regards Kolo 2 Dockers, Crows Melbourne.
9-16 umm Power, Cats, swans, saints, richmond, kangaroos, Bulldogs, caaarlton

Interesting, but i reckon it'll look more like this:

Port, Brisbane, West Coast, Collingwood, Sydney, Geelong, St. Kilda, Adelaide - Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Richmond, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Carlton and Bulldogs holding everyone up.

In the end, the more Victorian teams in the top 8 the better!

Aussie

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
Too even to put into particulat order but here goes : lions Bombers, maggots, Hawks, W.C.E. (Regards Kolo 2 Dockers, Crows Melbourne.
9-16 umm Power, Cats, swans, saints, richmond, kangaroos, Bulldogs, caaarlton

Interesting, but i reckon it'll look more like this:

Port, Brisbane, West Coast, Collingwood, Sydney, Geelong, St. Kilda, Adelaide - Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Richmond, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Carlton and Bulldogs holding everyone up.

In the end, the more Victorian teams in the top 8 the better!

Port not to make the top 8 are you kidding me :?: :?: Port will be top 4 again im not saying anything about finals though :cry:

OZGunner

We will see at the end of the season.

I respect Port after all they are basically Essendon West, with ex players like Cockatoo-Collins, Wanganeen, HARDWICK, Kingsley, Forster-Knight (Hack) but good luck to him. I know we got the first 2 players from Port, doesn't mean I cant appreciate them Cockatoo-Collins & Wanganeen. Not enough consistent ball winning midfield for Port to make a very even comp top 8 as there are not going to be many easy games....

Aussie

Established Member
OZGunner said:
We will see at the end of the season.

I respect Port after all they are basically Essendon West, with ex players like Cockatoo-Collins, Wanganeen, HARDWICK, Kingsley, Forster-Knight (Hack) but good luck to him. I know we got the first 2 players from Port, doesn't mean I cant appreciate them Cockatoo-Collins & Wanganeen. Not enough consistent ball winning midfield for Port to make a very even comp top 8 as there are not going to be many easy games....

Che has been delisted, Wangas as you said belonged to us in the first place. As for Hardwick, Forster Knight and Kingsley the only one who will get regular game time will be Kingsley. Regards the midfield the only player we have really lost is Nick (im a greedy bastard) Stevens and he was just a reciever any way. If Roger James stays fit watch out he is a quality player also expect the burgoyne brothers to spend a lot more time in the midfield this year.

Round 1 Port V Essendon Ill be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom