• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Badger_Revenge

I actually really like the athleticism I see. His size, physicality and speed seem like real assets that, if polished, could be game changing.

I don't think we need to have a polished player come in immediately at striker. We were plenty good at end of this year. And I think we'll get better with Timber at LB. Also, everyone takes a while to slot into Arteta's system.

After watching Havertz come around, I have to think the staff can coach this man-kid up some and find a way for the team to utilize his qualities in the squad. We're better getting him now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There will be possibility negotiate without paying release clause? I wouldn't mind paying 65M€ but in installments because we need to buy more players paying release clause won't help us

REWB

Is he better than Gyokeres? This all might just be a smokescreen for us just to get Gyokeres.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Assuming this is all accurate and we do want him, I'd be expecting this deal to be done fairly swiftly.
I think it will happen after the euros. Many teams are after him including Newcastle and Chelsea. We are also but if wimps who can’t just move for a player quickly like Chelsea

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
We need a versatile striker or attacker; Havertz is not a long term solution at striker. He has looked good just because of how awful Eddie and Jesus have been. Sesko plays in a better league than Gyeorkes but the latter may have more upside. Both need some development.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Isak doesn't seem very attainable this window tbh which is a bit annoying. Think we're gonna set ourselves up for disappointment with that one.
Exactly I've rated Isak since before he went to the toon & wanted him originally but unless the players kicks up a fuss & they are gonna let him go at a reasonable fee it ain't happening.

We probably need 4 players in the summer & still have to pay for Raya.
Sure we may get some cash in but not sure it's enough to get Isak & 3 more.

You also have to consider his injury record in relation to fee.

Thrice

This season Gyokeres had much better season but we don't know really because one playing in bundesliga and other in Portuguese league bundesliga quality is much higher
Gyokeres is also pretty much a finished product. He'll be 26 next month. He is what is at this point which is pretty good it seems, but I'd rather gamble on upside and Sesko has much more upside and room to grow as he turns 21 this month.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
65m euros is pretty low risk isn’t it?

Squad player money these days yeah. Have to pay double that to get "guaranteed" (if such a thing actually exists) starter quality players. City paid £52m for Matheus Nunes from Wolves as an example, a 25-year-old clearly brought in just to be backup for Rodri.

€65m for Sesko is IMO a no brainer and should get done ASAP, adds the missing piece in attack and gives you two CF options with similar profiles and (if he's not sold) allows Jesus to provide competition at LW for Martinelli.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Squad player money these days yeah. Have to pay double that to get "guaranteed" (if such a thing actually exists) starter quality players. City paid £52m for Matheus Nunes from Wolves as an example, a 25-year-old clearly brought in just to be backup for Rodri.

€65m for Sesko is IMO a no brainer and should get done ASAP, adds the missing piece in attack and gives you two CF options with similar profiles and (if he's not sold) allows Jesus to provide competition at LW for Martinelli.
Still feel we'd be missing that elite dribbler who can make the difference in the big games, domestic cups and latter stages of the CL

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Still feel we'd be missing that elite dribbler who can make the difference in the big games, domestic cups and latter stages of the CL

Jesus, Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli and Trossard should be plenty IMO. Could be better of course but I reckon a proper deep playmaker is more important and will add more to the attack overall.

From what I've seen of Sesko he's a low key good dribbler as well, not a flashy type but he's got good control of the ball which makes him very difficult to stop with his big frame etc.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Funny enough it was the Real Madrid game that made me realise we gotta have him. Yes he missed chances. But he gave them so many problems. Haaland for example couldn’t do anything to them
I'm actually the same to be honest. I actually warmed to Sesko more after those fixtures. You can see there's a player there. He's not the finished article at all, but if we leave it now, we'll be looking to sign him from whoever takes the plunge for like £120m and crying that we could/should have signed him when he was at Leipzig. Pretty much what most of us are doing re Bruno and Isak.

In fact, I remember when we were linked with Isak initially and a lot of people - including myself - were not that enamoured with the idea of signing him (I wasn't really interested at all until 2022 before he joined Newcastle, I even preferred giving Balogun opportunities). Now he's hot property and Newcastle are most likely not selling him this window unless we throw Rice money and some extra change at him. I get that we're at the stage where we can do that as bonafide title contenders now, but we have a couple other pressing areas in the team, so we also have to have the scope to take some educated risks. We don't have that big a problem scoring goals but we need to have a different type of weapon. Sesko's ball-striking with both feet and overall profile gives him a leg-up for me. He's not my first choice but he does make more sense than the sentiment suggests.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This I also agree with. We don't have a really destructive dribbler, from deep or in the tighter spaces up top. Saka is literally the only one we have, and he has almost 3 defenders on him nearly every game. If he's not having the best day, the door remains locked. I'm trying to think of a player we can sign who has that ability to bludgeon his way into attacking situations.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom