• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My team:
Szczesny
Sagna Toure Koscielny Monreal
Song Cesc
Nasri Hleb Alexis
RVP​

Couple of things I realised, we’ve had an awful group of GK’s and CB’s since the move. We did Cesc dirty with his CM partners over the years. Also moved Hleb central to get Alexis in the side.

All in all it shows the severe lack of investment, we’ve never really had more than 3 world class players at a time. Cesc/Hleb/RVP, Alexis/Özil, Auba for two years on his own.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Voted Özil.

Bx7o4f5CMAEp_rV.jpg:large

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Cesc and Van Persie carried this team for years. Incredible to think they managed to get a team with Diaby, Denilson and Bendtner playing regularly into the top 4 every season. It helps of course that the competition for top 4 was a lot weaker than it is today but it’s still a great achievement. I wonder how long Henry and Vieira would have stayed around if they had to play week in week out with Denilson and Bendtner and with Almunia in goal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The post Wenger years are a much bigger banter era. We’ve spent like 350m on overhyped dossers.
That’s a good point by you actually, the post Wenger years are worse than anything most of us have ever seen, on and off the pitch, the money we’ve wasted has been unprecedented too.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
If you are down to 10 men in a must win game... you might take off Santi, Özil, Cesc, RVP but not Ramsey or Sanchez.

GoonerJay24

Absolute bollocks. Do you even remember the Cesc era?
Lol of course I do; the man was majestic! But he did have a lot of injuries and sometimes felt like we played better without him.

After his time here and at Chelsea, he's easily amongst the top 15 midfielders ever to play in this league but I'm not sure he was our most talented player at that time.

REWB

My team:
Szczesny
Song Cesc
Nasri Hleb Alexis
RVP​

Couple of things I realised, we’ve had an awful group of GK’s and CB’s since the move. We did Cesc dirty with his CM partners over the years. Also moved Hleb central to get Alexis in the side.

All in all it shows the severe lack of investment, we’ve never really had more than 3 world class players at a time. Cesc/Hleb/RVP, Alexis/Özil, Auba for two years on his own.
my has a bit better additions:

Leno
Flamini Cesc
Rosicky Hleb Alexis
RVP

Leno miles better than Szczesny, he was a shambles. Leno makes mistakes every 7-8 games, Szczesny made them every 2-3 games ffs.

Famini over song. Flamini was part of the 07/08 season that dominated every midfield we faced.

And obviously Rosicky over Nasri who only had a good 6 months. Rosicky although injury prone was immense whenever he played and opened teams up for fun.

Last edited:

REWB

Actually:

Leno
Flamini Cazorla
Rosicky Cesc Alexis
RVP

Riou

Cesc and Sanchez are our 2 best of the Emirates era, and my (and yours I am sure too) fav players during their time at the club.

Shame both ended up playing for rivals.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I honestly think if RVP hadn't been injured for most of the time, he'd rank ahead of Cesc for most people.

Insane goal stats whenever he played. Still think the carry job he did in 2011/12 was underrated.

Who was even our second best threat that year? Theo?

Reactions: A_G

Riou

I honestly think if RVP hadn't been injured for most of the time, he'd rank ahead of Cesc for most people.

Great player.

But after getting this text, from my Arsenal updates back in 2009...

"Van Persie out for months, after horse placenta treatment doesn't work."

...knocked him down a level, to me.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actual cheat code of him chipping balls into the box for an RVP volley :lol:

Those ones against Everton and Liverpool were something else.

I'm sure he had one against Dortmund as well which looking back was a great win. Of course the through ball to Henry as well.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom