• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

Thrice

****housery is one thing, but I don't like his diving tendencies. We have enough of that in Havertz.

CannonBals

Luiz is impossible yet FDJ is attainable lol interesting

I would say a player (FDJ) who his team (Barca) is openly trying to sell for past 3 seasons as attainable.
As against Villa who has hell bent on keeping their best players especially since they just got CL spot. Offcourse if you offer them 100m+ even they will sell but no one is doing that so thats besides the point.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Do not underestimate how quickly these Brazilian CMs regress. Look at Fabinho and Casemiro. Brazilian players in general seem to peak early.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Do not underestimate how quickly these Brazilian CMs regress. Look at Fabinho and Casemiro. Brazilian players in general seem to peak early.
True but for Bruno likely will be in his early 30's if we sign him and get 4-5 years out of him it'll be good

CannonBals

This is actually a genuine concern. But that would rule both Luiz/Bruno out.

FDJ is also 27 already (he is older than the brazilian duo) and something about him puts me off. He has that (perineal potential talent) vibe around him. Never as good as advertised.

If we are looking for DLP/DM who would be your pick? (assumption is Rice plays LCM even though I understand you prefer Rice at 6).

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

FDJ is also 27 already (he is older than the brazilian duo) and something about him puts me off. He has that (perineal potential talent) vibe around him. Never as good as advertised.

If we are looking for DLP/DM who would be your pick? (assumption is Rice plays LCM even though I understand you prefer Rice at 6).
Palhinha ? Is he actually all that tho ?

Fofana ? Koopmeiners ?

The market is pretty thin tbh

Not surprised we (and City) are looking at Bruno for this reason.

Last season there was Caicedo & Lavia & they both ended up with you know who.

CannonBals

Palhinha ? Is he actually all that tho ?

Fofana ? Koopmeiners ?

The market is pretty thin tbh

Not surprised we (and City) are looking at Bruno for this reason.

Last season there was Caicedo & Lavia & they both ended up with you know who.

Palhinha is a destroyer. He would be worse than Rice at DM for us.

Fofana/Koopmeiners are talents basically unproven (although haven't watched a lot of either). Not that they won't be good but they are essentially bets. Sp**s/Liverpool have a roster full of midfielders who were regarded just as highly at their previous team. None have worked out as well as expected.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I know what you mean about De Jong. Has the ability but not the personality to really takeover games. Arteta and his staff might be above to get that out of him but like you said, he’s already the wrong side of his 20s now and has been picking up regular knocks at Barca.

Bruno I don’t think has been as good this season as he was last. Last season I remember seeing a segment on MNF where Carragher compared him to the midfielders from the rest of the top 6 and Declan Rice. Bruno came out on top in all but one metric, but whereas most of them have a specific role, Bruno is a midfielder who can play all roles. From that point of view, he’d make a lot of sense for us, I just don’t like his character, that’s all.

Kuroske

I know what you mean about De Jong. Has the ability but not the personality to really takeover games. Arteta and his staff might be above to get that out of him but like you said, he’s already the wrong side of his 20s now and has been picking up regular knocks at Barca.

Bruno I don’t think has been as good this season as he was last. Last season I remember seeing a segment on MNF where Carragher compared him to the midfielders from the rest of the top 6 and Declan Rice. Bruno came out on top in all but one metric, but whereas most of them have a specific role, Bruno is a midfielder who can play all roles. From that point of view, he’d make a lot of sense for us, I just don’t like his character, that’s all.

This is the only season that he have issues with injuries and saying he is already finished is a bit exaggerating.

He is not Messi. Even in this Arsenal team, there is no player who can "take over" games. His role is to make players around him better. He is the engine of the team. Every Dutch analyst is saying that The Netherlands team have a chance to win the European Cup but can stay home if Frenkie is not available to play.

And to be honest, I want to see him playing for a manager who can get the most out of his ability. His previous coaches were Koeman, Setien, Valverde and Xavi. Not really worldclass coaches.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This is the only season that he have issues with injuries and saying he is already finished is a bit exaggerating.

He is not Messi. Even in this Arsenal team, there is no player who can "take over" games. His role is to make players around him better. He is the engine of the team. Every Dutch analyst is saying that The Netherlands team have a chance to win the European Cup but can stay home if Frenkie is not available to play.

And to be honest, I want to see him playing for a manager who can get the most out of his ability. His previous coaches were Koeman, Setien, Valverde and Xavi. Not really worldclass coaches.

Where have I said he is finished?

Also you’ve listed 4 coaches who haven’t been able to get the best out of him, he also had a poor World Cup.

I’d take FDJ, but I don’t think he’s the enigma people have built him up to be.

El Realista

This one would be massive for us. I don't care if he is a prick, every team needs one... Look at Rodri for example... Vidal was the same. Defensive midfielders need to impose and bully others. It has worked for a lot of players against Ødegaard for example.

FdJ... Not for me, so passive and cold for the role, he can't impose physically either. If he was Pirlo talented maybe but even that was the case it probably unbalance our midfield. Usually you only need a super creative midfielder that monopolies the ball. More than one and they will be competing so much for the ball.

So I think if Ødegaard is going to have that responsibility we only need a all around or DM with good enough progressive skills. In other words, another Partey but without the injury issues.

SupersoakerArsene

Palhinha is a destroyer. He would be worse than Rice at DM for us.

Fofana/Koopmeiners are talents basically unproven (although haven't watched a lot of either). Not that they won't be good but they are essentially bets. Sp**s/Liverpool have a roster full of midfielders who were regarded just as highly at their previous team. None have worked out as well as expected.
Palhinha is a walking yellow card. Got like 10+ cards this season (again).
He isn't ball enough to play next to Rice. If we play Palhinha - Rice you won't get trough, but we also can't get the ball to the front 3/4...

Koopmeiners is a great passer & shot. Quite slow, but runs a lot. He is really left footed & quite slow in his handling. Big pass for me. Only plays good in a 3-5-2/3-4-3 system as ''10'' or box-to-box...

Fofana is great. Quite decent on the ball, 1-year contract, French brick wall. Would love him to come.

And if we sell Vieira or ESR, we might aswell get an creative option...

But I actually like Luiz or Paqueta more to come. Even above Bruno G.

They got more ball in them & are also quite physique.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This one would be massive for us. I don't care if he is a prick, every team needs one... Look at Rodri for example... Vidal was the same. Defensive midfielders need to impose and bully others. It has worked for a lot of players against Ødegaard for example.

FdJ... Not for me, so passive and cold for the role, he can't impose physically either. If he was Pirlo talented maybe but even that was the case it probably unbalance our midfield. Usually you only need a super creative midfielder that monopolies the ball. More than one and they will be competing so much for the ball.

So I think if Ødegaard is going to have that responsibility we only need a all around or DM with good enough progressive skills. In other words, another Partey but without the injury issues.

We don’t need someone to impose themselves and wave their arms at the crowd after every tackle they make. We have players like Rice, White, Saliba, Gabriel to impose authority. We need a CM who can really play, is cool, calm and composed, one who can both carry and pass the ball.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Top Bottom