• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
This is right at the end of this FFP window right? so you'd have to add on 100 mil to this current FFP total. I can't see anyone triggering this.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I like the look of Fofana more.

Don't want to go back to this guy for 3 times the price after Edu fumbled his transfer from Lyon.

So what's this then? We were actually supposed to get him when he was at Lyon? Why didn't we?

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
So what's this then? We were actually supposed to get him when he was at Lyon? Why didn't we?

We were linked with Bruno before he even joined Lyon, remember when Edu went to Brazil and came back with Pablo Mari ? 🤣

Fast forward to Jan 2022, when we were linked again

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Many wanted him from Lyon, me included.

It can be multiple reasons. One surely is that he only made a 4,5-year contract with Newcastle. Arsenal would not agree to such for such a big signing. He also likely got better wages from them.

Then there is also always the consideration, that players choose where they go. Bruno was wise to go to a club that can promise a starting spot. Arsenal couldn't. He knew he will start all the games possible at Newcastle, for his development.

Newcastle paid 42 million pounds for him, so now that he has clearly proven to be one of the best DMF's in EPL, paying like 80-90 million pounds is not that shocking if you want to improve a title challenging team.

Newcastle needs money especially if they don't get UEL, so I doubt anyone would pay the release clause, but the fee would be a bit lower. Luiz would cost similar money.

Rice is one year younger with better experience, so no way Arsenal will pay the same fee for Guimaraes. Especially with his hot-headedness and how many yellows he takes.

Last edited:

Sanis

Most of the time when I watched Newcastle play, I wondered, how lucky he‘s not to get red or at least yellow cards, guy‘s a nutter. Knowing how so-called referees hate our club, he would probably brake league records for suspensions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bruno slots in seamlessly in the Jorginho role, why change it? It works.

Rice is a beast pressing high up the pitch and works the channels very well and Bruno provides the flair Rice lacks from deep.
The flaw with this is Bruno is not a very disciplined player. He is a roamer and is not gonna sit as a 6. The reason he looks good for Newcastle is Longstaff sits and he gets freedom. Put him in 6 and people will complain about his defensive game.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Bruno slots in seamlessly in the Jorginho role, why change it? It works.

Rice is a beast pressing high up the pitch and works the channels very well and Bruno provides the flair Rice lacks from deep.

No he doesn’t because he nowhere near as good as Jorginho in many aspects.

Bruno lacks discipline and isn’t brilliant defensively, + not as good in the ball as Jorgi or Partey. He lacks athleticism.

Keep him further away from goal and lean on Rices defensively ability and Bruno can drop deep when needed to progress. But that’s it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s not like Rice has been poor in the 6, he’s had some top games there, Wolves being the most recent.

Virtually every game where we’ve had him there though, Kai has been in the 8 and that’s not his position, so the whole midfield suffered.

I think Rice will be best as a 6 long term, with a proper number 8 next to/infront of him.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom