• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sorry didn't know you've missed last 6/10 games he played, my bad

Sorry, didn't know you missed the last 3 years he played, my bad.

You are boring mate, has to be said

Not what your mum said last night.

You should know most of them are in their late 60s, 70s, or dead, but I guess that's your level as normal nice looking girls won't find you interesting, and I couldn't blame them

Mmmm, fresh catch
Yum yum.

This exchange wouldn't look out of place anytime from 2009-2019. Yet, here we are, potentially on the cusp of a title win & it still happens.

There's not a forum on the internet that can touch AM for entertainment value :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This exchange wouldn't look out of place anytime from 2009-2019. Yet, here we are, potentially on the cusp of a title win & it still happens.
The forum would be a boring place without it, just look at the Saliba thread. I won't go there every week to write he is the best defender and will be the GOAT CB once his career ends, but it was a fun thread when I had to debate forum experts who were telling me we need to keep David Luiz and send this guy for his 5th loan.

Winning things will make this forum boring, but luckily for you, there will be **** like myself and @SuperGoon to entertain you

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How come no one is saying he's being overplayed now even though it's May? You lot were saying this in September when the season just started lmao.

Turns out it was just a myth and BPP was right again, as usual.
Well, last month we had seven matches, averaging to a game every three days. Maybe playing intense games in quick succession could tire players out more.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Numbers wise, yes. But his performances have not been consistent throughout the season. Not all his fault though. I think missing Partey for basically the whole season contributed, plus Martinelli and Jesus not being as consistent also added more burden to him. He links very well with all three players. It's great that he can put up numbers when he has not been at his best at 22. Cristiano Ronaldo did it for the majority of his career and many consider him the GOAT.
Most players are not consistent for over 50+ games a season. Unless you are Messi or Ronaldo. Palmer has unbelievable numbers this season, but he’s a had a few stinkers and games where he has gone missing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Numbers aren't everything.

His floor is terrifyingly high as the numbers show but in terms of influence and delivering when we've needed him the most he's shown that those crowning him as World Class were a bit premature. There's a reason why he's not in any of the player of the year conversations and it's not because everyone hates Arsenal.

He needs to combine those reliable numbers with a bit more consistency in terms of actually impacting games. Having a poor/average game then chipping in with a penalty goal or corner assist isn't enough for the biggest individual accolades.

DuBB

Good thread. I'm f*cking sick of it. He's having his best season

Clive, an awesome, thoughtful and level-headed Arsenal guy, was getting audibly angry on AV Podcast, which is very very rare for him, and let's just say I share his sentiments exactly. He, I and Saka share something in common and let's just say that thing we share in common is a major factor in the way Saka is viewed, refereed, talked about, and analysed. But I'll leave it there as it's not the kind of thing I'd ever want to go back and forth with over the internet or with people I can't see and talk to in person.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Clive, an awesome, thoughtful and level-headed Arsenal guy, was getting audibly angry on AV Podcast, which is very very rare for him, and let's just say I share his sentiments exactly. He, I and Saka share something in common and let's just say that thing we share in common is a major factor in the way Saka is viewed, refereed, talked about, and analysed. But I'll leave it there as it's not the kind of thing I'd ever want to go back and forth with over the internet or with people I can't see and talk to in person.
I mean it’s obvious he doesn’t get the same hype because he’s dark skin with an African name. But that’s what happens when you play for white man countries they’ll never love you like their own.

jaystewart

I've also wanted to avoid it too but its why a certain player with blonde hair and blue eyes is being tauted as generational despite winning no trophies and nobody being able to name a single big game he was stand out performer in on 5 times of asking. It is hard to believe but it is just better to accept it and leave them do their thing. One of my dear friends told me Smith-Rowe was clear of Saka two seasons ago. Couldn't believe my ears.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Would Nico Williams & Olise from CP be good cover for Saka next season? We can't keep relying on Saka for 90 minutes for 38 games + UCL & cup games for next season. Considering he is only at a very young age. GJ if he is kept would be good cover aswell.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would Nico Williams & Olise from CP be good cover for Saka next season? We can't keep relying on Saka for 90 minutes for 38 games + UCL & cup games for next season. Considering he is only at a very young age. GJ if he is kept would be good cover aswell.

I’d utilise GJ from the right more. He played there a lot for City, and was actually very good there in the City home game this season.

Granted he’s been injured and out of form this season but it’s definitely and option worth exploring next season.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I’d utilise GJ from the right more. He played there a lot for City, and was actually very good there in the City home game this season.

Granted he’s been injured and out of form this season but it’s definitely and option worth exploring next season.
Yeah I've got no problem with GJ if we choose to stick with him but a 3rd player as depth would be ideal aswell. Olise & Nico could prove depth on the left & centrally aswell though imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I was listening to him and when he said he'll speak about it in more detail another time I was internally begging him to just go out and say what we're all thinking because it's the ****ing truth.

DuBB

I was listening to him and when he said he'll speak about it in more detail another time I was internally begging him to just go out and say what we're all thinking because it's the ****ing truth.

I think Clive'll get to it in his own time, and I'm glad it'll be him starting the conversation because he's wise enough, nuanced enough and articulate enough to speak about it as both a footballing and also societal issue.

But as I said before I steer well clear of these conversations. I support Saka as a player and a person, and hope that whatever he wants out of the game won't be limited or hindered because of his treatment and perception.

That's all I can do really.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Numbers aren't everything.

His floor is terrifyingly high as the numbers show but in terms of influence and delivering when we've needed him the most he's shown that those crowning him as World Class were a bit premature. There's a reason why he's not in any of the player of the year conversations and it's not because everyone hates Arsenal.

He needs to combine those reliable numbers with a bit more consistency in terms of actually impacting games. Having a poor/average game then chipping in with a penalty goal or corner assist isn't enough for the biggest individual accolades.
Then how come Cristiano won all those awards?? People kept saying he was better than Messi cause of his stats. And he almost always delivers lol. This BS narrative that Saka doesn't deliver in important games is simply not true. Only teams I have seen him struggle against consistently is Man City away. He plays good to great in almost every other big game home and away. Does the same for England too over guys like Grealish, Sancho, Foden, Rashford and in the last world cup was more impactful in the most important game against France than Kane. And he'd get even more assists with an actual clinical CF on the team. Or Martinelli and Jesus being in any sort of consistent form. It's no coincidence that Partey, one of the only mids in the team who consistently plays quick progressive passes when in form comes back and Saka's form also picks up.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I've also wanted to avoid it too but its why a certain player with blonde hair and blue eyes is being tauted as generational despite winning no trophies and nobody being able to name a single big game he was stand out performer in on 5 times of asking. It is hard to believe but it is just better to accept it and leave them do their thing. One of my dear friends told me Smith-Rowe was clear of Saka two seasons ago. Couldn't believe my ears.
They've tried to put everyone over Saka for years lol. They did the same for Martinelli. Even in the academy days, but the guy won't be denied.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Who's the blond guy?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He needs to add a bit more variety to his game. His current game is enough to beat most of the league’s fullbacks. At the Champions League level however he did nothing in the Bayern second leg

A position change could help him add a few more strings. I’d like to see him off the left. It might simply be giving him more rest so he’s not ****ed at the end of the season.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom