• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
His performances haven’t been great.
Recency bias. His performances were great for about 80% of the season. His overall performance level is above Ødegaard too. And if we are going off the performances, then Palmer and Halaand shouldn’t be on that list of names.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Saka limps and rolls around a lot whilst battering set pieces you can’t really expect his peers to vote for that (assuming that’s what it is).
I thought that’s what it was but this is just the PL award. Saka might still make the PFA list.

RunTheTrap

Probably the poorest POTS list I have seen.
Yep, I agree. I think this is all geared for a Foden win but that’s not really saying much. He’s been great for City, but it’s more the case that the other greats (Halaand/KdB/Salah/Rodri) have had poor seasons or injury-ridden seasons.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Saka should get TOTS unless they stick one of the strikers on the flanks to fit both Haaland and Watkins for eg.

I think him not making the shortlist was the correct decision though. A productive season but Ødegaard and Rice have been more impressive/consistent.

Saka limps and rolls around a lot whilst battering set pieces you can’t really expect his peers to vote for that (assuming that’s what it is).
Ødegaard was below par up until December. These POTS lists show me it’s better to start the season slowly and finish strong than the reverse.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ødegaard was below par up until December. These POTS lists show me it’s better to start the season slowly and finish strong than the reverse.

True, Ødegaard did start slow and there is a lot of recency bias for sure.

Also whilst he did a lot of good stuff and really enjoyed his play this season Palmer surely took the piss with his pens.

Dennis10

Saka is a very weird winger in my opinion. He might represent like an evolutionary step of what the perfect modern winger should be like, but I haven't quite figured him out yet. Thing is, when you think of the best wingers, you remember their best games as when they tortured their full-backs who just couldn't keep up. Think of like Overmars torching Maldini, Robben making a fool of Sergio Ramos or Reyes forcing Neville to lunge at his ankles every opportunity he had.

Though Saka certainly is capable of giving a left back a horrid time, he is somewhat restrained and collected in the way he plays. He seems to lack some urgency, and it somehow feels as if he is always waiting for his defender to make a mistake. When a defender times a tackle badly, he will capitalize. When a defender is drawn out of position, he will punish you. He is withoubt doubt a very intelligent player with athleticism and skill, but you won't see him run mercilessly at a full-back for 90 minutes.

He will be our perfect winger if we ever become the perfect team. Too many games this season, we have needed someone to step up and create something out of nothing, and Saka isn't really that kind of player. Helikes to bide his time and capitalize when the opportunity presents itself. Ødegaard and Rice both have more of that urgent aura around them, and I think that's why they are nominated, and not Starboy.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Nobody cares about you quoting random nobodies from twitter who are posting weird stats.

We all watch and support Arsenal, most of this forum will tell you his performances have been below par.

You obviously care enough to go out of your way to quote me. If I want to quote Saka stats on the Saka thread all day long I will, thank you very much. You're not the king of the website. You're a Saka hater anyway so I'm not interested in your opinion.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

You obviously care enough to go out of your way to quote me. If I want to quote Saka stats on the Saka thread all day long I will, thank you very much. You're not the king of the website. You're a Saka hater anyway so I'm not interested in your opinion.

I think he is trying to engage with you because you are a girl. I can respect that.

About Saka: In terms of stats he is on a very decent level. But when you watch him every week you can see that he isnt as good as last season imo. And thats because he need a rest.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I think he is trying to engage with you because you are a girl. I can respect that.

About Saka: In terms of stats he is on a very decent level. But when you watch him every week you can see that he isnt as good as last season imo. And thats because he need a rest.
Nah, he's always just been a hater.

I agree with you on Saka's seeming dip in performance (on the eye test). But I 'm going to cheerlead and point out that he's set the baseline so high that we take him for granted.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I guarantee none of the other players can name a Palmer goal that wasn't a pen, tbh.

Changed my mind again, get THE Starboy in the team of the year!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not like all the brothers on here are fully behind him either is it? Why isn’t he getting all that love for them man?

He doesn’t act a certain way they want, not ‘flashy’ enough wearing jewellery and rapping songs on a plane. This kind of shallow nonsense.

Also they were huge Pepe fans and hate that Saka took his spot and performed better.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I agree with you on Saka's seeming dip in performance (on the eye test). But I 'm going to cheerlead and point out that he's set the baseline so high that we take him for granted.

Good point.

I still wouldn’t pick him over Ødegaard or Rice for POTS, but outside of Arsenal I’d pick Saka over Palmer and many of those candidates.

He’s been invaluable in his 2nd title challenge in a row, maybe he’s just taken for granted.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
All this flat track bully stuff is odd to me.

Unless you're Messi literally every player in history has gone missing in big games. Mbappe does, Ronaldo was considered a flat track bully well into his Real Madrid career. These are generational level talents.

Saka doesn't deserve to be put in this kind of bracket but he's 22, carries the side numbers wise, is constantly kicked around and plays virtually every game.

I think we can cut him a bit of slack.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Not like all the brothers on here are fully behind him either is it? Why isn’t he getting all that love for them man?

I feel like more should speak to this, it’s a very good question.

I could answer it but due to me supporting Pepe in the past I do not have the A-M currency to say what I think.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He doesn’t act a certain way they want, not ‘flashy’ enough wearing jewellery and rapping songs on a plane. This kind of shallow nonsense.

Also they were huge Pepe fans and hate that Saka took his spot and performed better.

lol rubbish as per. Saka is good on and off the pitch, so the brothers don't have to defend or talk up Saka we can call it square.

Once he breaks that contract though and stops performing on the pitch or changes his behaviour or fashion choices that conditional support stops and then it falls onto others to see his perspective.

I will offer Eddie as an example, stellar behaviour off the pitch, not so impressive on it. Result? Shat on.
Aubameyang, performed on the pitch for a while, tumultuous off it. Result? Put up with him until he fell off.

I remember against Leeds when Tavares, Pepe and Saka got racists chants, who were the fans and Arsenal-Mania concerned about?

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom