• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not like all the brothers on here are fully behind him either is it? Why isn’t he getting all that love for them man?

What...do black people not like Saka? :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What...do black people not like Saka? :lol:

Tneg just meant on Arsenal-Mania.

I am explaining that because Saka meets the expectations that the public desire to see from athletes on and off the pitch, there isn't that need to overly defend him as much.

Saka escapes a lot of the tropes that get thrown around here (or used to) like lazy, unintelligent, money hungry, party boy etc. If he was a lesser player, or came into the club on 300k salary, or was outwardly known for his fashion or something, then who knows.

Riou

Saka escapes a lot of the tropes that get thrown around here (or used to) like lazy, unintelligent, money hungry, party boy etc. If he was a lesser player, or came into the club on 300k salary, or was outwardly known for his fashion or something who knows.

I have kinda wanted him out of the club since this, tbf...

oar2.jpg

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Some do and some don’t. Same as white or any other people. I don’t see why skin color should matter when it comes to supporting players or teams. How on earth would you support a club like Arsenal with a multiracial team otherwise?

A good question for Chelsea fans in 2024.

Riou

You ain't gonna let that go are you :lol:

I'm going to actually rewatch some older games and get back to you on this.

The sport just felt more "free" back then, I think you will enjoy it mate 👍

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The sport just felt more "free" back then, I think you will enjoy it mate 👍

Bro I watch premier league years all the time on sky sports it's really enjoyable.

The horrible sad thing is it used to be 90% Arsenal vs Man Utd matches but as we are all getting on a bit, it's increasingly Abro's Chelsea and that era now.

Riou

Bro I watch premier league years all the time on sky sports it's really enjoyable.

The OG intro that ended with Adams lifting the title rather than Ferguson, the real ones remember!

On YouTube "Souster98" and "DM Arsenal Archives" are the best for me.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Tneg just meant on Arsenal-Mania.

I am explaining that because Saka meets the expectations that the public desire to see from athletes on and off the pitch, there isn't that need to overly defend him as much.

Saka escapes a lot of the tropes that get thrown around here (or used to) like lazy, unintelligent, money hungry, party boy etc. If he was a lesser player, or came into the club on 300k salary, or was outwardly known for his fashion or something, then who knows.
Yeah he's definitely not known for his fashion, bless him 😂

Thrice

Some do and some don’t. Same as white or any other people. I don’t see why skin color should matter when it comes to supporting players or teams. How on earth would you support a club like Arsenal with a multiracial team otherwise?
People seem overly obsessed with skin colour on here. I don't get it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Wasn't going to post this, lest the thread police jump down my throat again, but f*ck it. Some interesting points, I thought.

In regards to Palmer he is just the new toy. I could see what happened to Bruno (penalties were also a big part of his debut season) happening to Palmer if he loses penalties or Chelsea don't get as much.

Foden is an English player in the best team in the world so he will always be a bit hyped up. I think the NT sets Saka and Foden apart as Saka always shines.

The one puzzling thing for me for Saka is the refs. I don't know if he has a reputation among them or if it's a northern thing and they think he's soft but there is definitely some bias there.

Rival fans, I see some overrated claims but the overwhelming consensus is most fans want a "Saka" in their team like the tweet says.

Riou

I would love to go back to the first half of the 1999/2000 season, and see if rival fans would be talking down Thierry like they do with Saka.

"Chris Sutton is way better than that French fraud!"
"Chris Armstrong >>> Thierry Henry, change my mind!"
"Think it's time to just say it, Michael Bridges is a better striker than The Gunners new signing!"

...some of the potential stuff from back then would have been amazing :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom