• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

jaystewart

Thats a fair explaination but unfortunately it is Arsenal fans too. All you have to do is go back through this thread and see how people rated his performance relative to other players on a given game day. When we win league this year or next, and he posts 30 G+A in the league, it'll be interesting to see if the tone changes because at the moment standard is surely different for Saka.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Thats a fair explaination but unfortunately it is Arsenal fans too. All you have to do is go back through this thread and see how people rated his performance relative to other players on a given game day. When we win league this year or next, and he posts 30 G+A in the league, it'll be interesting to see if the tone changes because at the moment standard is surely different for Saka.
People use to say Martinelli had a higher ceiling and was the better player ffs I was always telling them Saka is so much better and would take years for Gabby to catch up.

BigPoppaPump

Once he breaks that contract though and stops performing on the pitch or changes his behaviour or fashion choices that conditional support stops and then it falls onto others to see his perspective.

I will offer Eddie as an example, stellar behaviour off the pitch, not so impressive on it. Result? Shat on.
Aubameyang, performed on the pitch for a while, tumultuous off it. Result? Put up with him until he fell off.

I remember against Leeds when Tavares, Pepe and Saka got racists chants, who were the fans and Arsenal-Mania concerned about?

Tneg just meant on Arsenal-Mania.

I am explaining that because Saka meets the expectations that the public desire to see from athletes on and off the pitch, there isn't that need to overly defend him as much.

Saka escapes a lot of the tropes that get thrown around here (or used to) like lazy, unintelligent, money hungry, party boy etc. If he was a lesser player, or came into the club on 300k salary, or was outwardly known for his fashion or something, then who knows.
So it is about how he behaves off the pitch? You’re literally saying it here. He doesn’t act a certain way so you don’t feel the need to defend him but then you’ll call him Limpayo and other stuff you never did to certain other players. Just an interesting observation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would love to go back to the first half of the 1999/2000 season, and see if rival fans would be talking down Thierry like they do with Saka.

"Chris Sutton is way better than that French fraud!"
"Chris Armstrong >>> Thierry Henry, change my mind!"
"Think it's time to just say it, Michael Bridges is a better striker than The Gunners new signing!"

...some of the potential stuff from back then would have been amazing :lol:
Why would they do that when he was scoring and we were winning trophies? He was winning back to back international tournaments etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why would they do that when he was scoring and we were winning trophies? He was winning back to back international tournaments etc.

Football fans can be so dumb sometimes (look at AM lol) I reckon in the first half of Thierry's first season he would have been getting bantered pretty hard.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Football fans can be so dumb sometimes (look at AM lol) I reckon in the first half of Thierry's first season he would have been getting bantered pretty hard.
Kai is a hero despite 10 league goals and costing 70M, and probably an empty handed season. Think Titi would’ve been ok.

Riou

Kai is a hero despite 10 league goals and costing 70M, and probably an empty handed season. Think Titi would’ve been ok.

I am speaking about rival fans, Kai was getting destroyed (rightly really) by every fanbase on social media until recently.

BigPoppaPump

I am speaking about rival fans, Kai was getting destroyed (rightly really) by every fanbase on social media until recently.
Do you not see how it’s all popularity contest though? Arsenal fans were still putting Tierney in their first 11’s for this season.

Most people are just sheep and parrots they don’t think for themselves.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What's weird is I don't think I know anyone in real life that dislikes Saka (apart from Sp**s fans) but generally even rival fans appreciate him. Maybe it's being English that helps though.

On another point I think the boyish looks and kind of good boy attitude mask the fact that this guy is a killer, personality wise.

A lot of players with less mental strength would have really buckled after missing that pen for England in the Euros a few years back. He just ploughed on and got better and better.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What...do black people not like Saka? :lol:
Only Barbershop Twitter don’t rate Saka. The guys that will say dumb statements like Ben Arfa is better than Salah, and Martial is still world class. If you ever had the displeasure of watching Rants on YouTube, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What's weird is I don't think I know anyone in real life that dislikes Saka (apart from Sp**s fans) but generally even rival fans appreciate him. Maybe it's being English that helps though.

On another point I think the boyish looks and kind of good boy attitude mask the fact that this guy is a killer, personality wise.

A lot of players with less mental strength would have really buckled after missing that pen for England in the Euros a few years back. He just ploughed on and got better and better.
Not sure how you can dislike someone like Saka. He's representing club and country in an impeccable way.

Riou

And people like @Synical say he isn't known for his fashion, smh...

Saka in a few years...

c2dd4bf59dce4f222635d2691296d4a0.jpg

attitude_magazine0004.jpg

... it's Arsenal heritage!

Riou

It's just the lack of trophies I think, when that comes he will have all the respect he needs... silverware is the main thing in sport,so until then that will always be a stick to beat him with.

Only 1 FA cup right now, needs some more.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

It's just the lack of trophies I think, when that comes he will have all the respect he needs... silverware is the main thing in sport,so until then that will always be a stick to beat him with.

Only 1 FA cup right now, needs some more.
He's only 22

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom