• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Group Stage: PSV Einhoven 1 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 12th December | KO: 17:45 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20231209-232636.png

lineup.png

Prediction

PSV 1-1 Arsenal

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
two examples are two kids who are exceptional talents and not 16, what about all Peps years before hand?
They're not exceptional come on. This is his list of debutants by league

There's a lot of kids in there who never amounted to anything but showed promise at some point.

Arteta in four years has what, five academy kids who got 20 minutes each on average?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can’t recall any of them actually playing for City though, how many senior appearances between them? Ihenacho only one.

Brahim Diaz actually played for them in the Carabao Cup and PL IIRC. Same with Palmer but unlike us City have clout and they’re rectifying it by actually giving them a chance here and there now.

Cole Palmer played a couple of games and they sold him for 42m 😂

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne spending all this time comparing Mikel to Pep as if Mikel has anywhere near the resume. Bro is doing tricks on it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

They're not exceptional come on. This is his list of debutants by league

There's a lot of kids in there who never amounted to anything but showed promise at some point.

Arteta in four years has what, five academy kids who got 20 minutes each on average?

Crap stuff. I don’t need a list like that for you to tell City are all about youth, they’re not and we know this.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne spending all this time comparing Mikel to Pep as if Mikel has anywhere near the resume. Bro is doing tricks on it.

I’m just saying examples like Pep are stupid, City aren’t some club who love to promote youth.

People giving me examples of kids who played once and sold like it’s nothing 🤣

I’m just saying I think there’s a trend in football we’re kids aren’t getting games like we had today for some reason, Bayern and Real both full strength tonight.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

People need to accept that we don’t have the same clout that sides like Real Madrid and Man City have.

When you’ve been winning for a while then teams automatically end up paying the premium for your players.

dino bravo

Established Member

If only that were true, and our irrelevance saved us from acquiring fans like you. Would have been wonderful
By the way, fans like me have put thousands upon thousands into the club, and continue to support whatever the situation. We CLEARLY much need fans like yourself that want to sh!t on Arteta with us a point off the top of the league. Cheek when you have likely never set foot inside either stadium, and are probably not even an Arsenal supporter if truth be told.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Barca: Lamine Yamal (16)
Bayern: Mathys Tel (18)
City: Rico Lewis (18), Oscar Bobb (18)
PSG: Zaire-Emery (17)
United: Kobbie Manoo (18)
Newcastle: Lewis-Miley (17)
Dortmund: Bynoe-Gittens (19)
Benfica: Joao Neves (19)

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting, but a lot of the top clubs around Europe have given their kids minutes in the Champions League. The scary thing for me is that most of the aforementioned teams were in more precarious positions than we were tonight. Especially Newcastle, United, Dortmund and PSG. Arteta might be worse than a dictator because he shows all the hallmarks of a coward.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Man, seriously...
Saliba was bought for a relatively hefty fee and got his debut under Arteta. The Fabio Vieira transfer which happened under Arteta has a lot of similarities, similar fee, got their debut at a similar age. I guess the difference is Fabio didn't spend a couple of years on loan.

Feel free to point out if I've made any factual errors.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting, but a lot of the top clubs around Europe have given their kids minutes in the Champions League. The scary thing for me is that most of the aforementioned teams were in more precarious positions than we were tonight. Especially Newcastle, United, Dortmund and PSG. Arteta might be worse than a dictator because he shows all the hallmarks of a coward.
Nico Paz at Real Madrid is highly regarded as well

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Would've loved to have seen Nwaneri obviously but the big one tonight for me would've been Walters. With the injuries racking up defensively it would've been nice to see if he could've been someone that could be relied upon to come in and do a job at either full back position.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Crap stuff. I don’t need a list like that for you to tell City are all about youth, they’re not and we know this.
Nobody said they're all about youth, just that even a rich pampered piece of sh*t like Guardiola uses his academy more than Arteta.

I don't know how people still have the cheek to say anything. Against Lens it was "maybe the frustrated Frenchies will kick the kids" now even in a game that meant nothing to anyone the best he could do was 3 minutes for ESR.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nobody said they're all about youth, just that even a rich pampered piece of sh*t like Guardiola uses his academy more than Arteta.

I don't know how people still have the cheek to say anything. Against Lens it was "maybe the frustrated Frenchies will kick the kids" now even in a game that meant nothing to anyone the best he could do was 3 minutes for ESR.

I’m annoyed as well, I just see a trend in modern football. That’s all I said, same with City as well. Let’s see if they play any 16/17 year olds tomorrow.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Considering this was a dead match in terms of literally no stakes in any scenario, thought both teams did well...

Thought Nelson looked our best player, wish he was used more in the Prem as I think he's a good alternative to Martinelli.

Good goal from Eddie, quality touch from him to set it up.

Thought Ramsdale played well, and although he isn't an elite keeper I still wish he was playing over Raya.

And happy to see ESR back, hope he can stay fit.

...thought a draw was fair, well done to PSV for qualifying with us.

On to Sunday!

djpeat

Oscar bobb is 20
But disappointing to not see the youngsters today

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
By the way, fans like me have put thousands upon thousands into the club, and continue to support whatever the situation. We CLEARLY much need fans like yourself that want to sh!t on Arteta with us a point off the top of the league. Cheek when you have likely never set foot inside either stadium, and are probably not even an Arsenal supporter if truth be told.

It’s really quite amusing when people make all kinds of assumptions about other people they know absolutely nothing about. At least I find it amusing because it takes a certain kind of idiot to be able to draw certain conclusions on the basis of absolutely no information whatsoever.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Decent enough result. Players semi rested. Should’ve nicked it at the end.

Disappointed no minutes for Nwaneri, if you can’t Chuck him on today or when you’re 5-0 up against Lens, when do you play the lad? We’re out the Carabao Cup.
Think he’ll get a cameo in the dead rubber game at the end of the season when City and Liverpool are out of reach in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom