• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Group Stage: PSV Einhoven 1 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 12th December | KO: 17:45 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20231209-232636.png

lineup.png

Prediction

PSV 1-1 Arsenal

HattoriHanzo

Arteta created injury crisis in the backline.
He sent Tierney to loan in Real Sociedad, knowing that Timber is out 7-8 months.
Now Tomiyasu is injured and we are bare bones in defense.
After Timber’s injury I thought that sending Tierney to Spain was a huge mistake.

Why he didn’t use kids yesterday?
Pure psychology, I think.
He wanted to avoid second defeat in a row (after Villa), to avoid negative momentum to set in.

HattoriHanzo

I agree with the assessment of the kids above. But by your last sentence did Cedric whose 4 year contract no one understood in 2020 or Elneny who got an Oxfam extension last year deserve it more on merit or readiness?

To have a bunch of academy kids look ready at the same time is rare. Yes they're not as close as any of the above but those kids feature heavily in league and important CL games, we'd be happy with cameos when 5-0 up or in games with literally zero other value.
Elneny more than Cedric.
Elneny still looks like player, Cedric teaches Win portuguese.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Arteta created injury crisis in the backline.
He sent Tierney to loan in Real Sociedad, knowing that Timber is out 7-8 months.
Now Tomiyasu is injured and we are bare bones in defense.
After Timber’s injury I thought that sending Tierney to Spain was a huge mistake.

Why he didn’t use kids yesterday?
Pure psychology, I think.
He wanted to avoid second defeat in a row (after Villa), to avoid negative momentum to set in.
My friend. Are you aware KT has been injured once again this season? He would have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot. On top of that did you not clock how deeply, desperately unhappy he was last season? You can't keep someone prisoner against their will. Well you can, but you will get a whole life term.

HattoriHanzo

My friend. Are you aware KT has been injured once again this season? He would have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot. On top of that did you not clock how deeply, desperately unhappy he was last season? You can't keep someone prisoner against their will. Well you can, but you will get a whole life term.
He played 90 minutes last weekend, yesterday he played some minutes in CL.
So he is not injured now.

I haven't noticed him being unhappy, it would help had he played more minutes for Arsenal.
Obviously, Arteta doesn’t rate him and I think he should rate him more.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
If people had watched the game instead of depilating their asses whilst it was on they would have seen that Cedric actually had a decent game. The goal came from a mistake by Saliba and their next biggest chance from one by Gabriel.

Nelson had a very good game. ESR a decent cameo. Elneny was busy but a central midfield of Elneny and Jorginho hasn't got the legs at this level.

Would have loved to have seen Walters and Nwaneri. Hard to see when they get any minutes with us being out of the League Cup, third round FA cup drawn with Liverpool and into the KO stages of the CL. Although we are only a couple of injuries away from Walters having to play. Rice at centre-back is like using Chateau Lafitte to make sangria.
Cedric can score 9 goals in a match and be player of the tournament and I still wouldn't want to see him starting over Walters for Arsenal FC.

Tom Mix

Cedric can score 9 goals in a match and be player of the tournament and I still wouldn't want to see him starting over Walters for Arsenal FC.
It's hardly the point. If you are paying a player he needs to be ready to play and do his best even if he's the least important player in your set-up.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The funny thing is he rates Arteta above Chapman who revolutionized the game in 1920s and 1930s and built the dynasty. Arteta is much closer to the dumbest manager we have had in 130 tears than the best. Statistically Arteta is best if you just eliminate those pesky trophies from football.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

He played 90 minutes last weekend, yesterday he played some minutes in CL.
So he is not injured now.

I haven't noticed him being unhappy, it would help had he played more minutes for Arsenal.
Obviously, Arteta doesn’t rate him and I think he should rate him more.
He has a tan of course he's happy

Farzad Stoned

He has to win something major by the end of next season or it's time to go.
What is major you mean league and CL? Why another season he has had multiple expensive windows already and 4 years to learn managing?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

What is major you mean league and CL? Why another season he has had multiple expensive windows already and 4 years to learn managing?
Because, even though it's disappointing to fall short, coming in 2nd place in the league and/or a possible CL semi/final appearance is still pretty good for where we've been for the past 6-7 seasons. We still have young players who have yet to hit their physical primes carrying us to these results as well. I'm still patient.

Farzad Stoned

Because, even though it's disappointing to fall short, coming in 2nd place in the league and/or a possible CL semi/final appearance is still pretty good for where we've been for the past 6-7 seasons. We still have young players who have yet to hit their physical primes carrying us to these results as well. I'm still patient.
The young players are why i want this guy gone. He throws away better talent then he signs and plays. ESR is done at Arsenal is a better player than Kai. Guendo, Emi, and Willock just to name a few who are better than players he currently gives time to.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

The young players are why i want this guy gone. He throws away better talent then he signs and plays. ESR is done at Arsenal is a better player than Kai. Guendo, Emi, and Willock just to name a few who are better than players he currently gives time to.
Without using google, what team does Guendouzi play for? Willock has been dealing with injuries since last May and I would disagree with those two being better than what we have. He's been living off one purple patch for a while now.

Farzad Stoned

Without using google, what team does Guendouzi play for? Willock has been dealing with injuries since last May and I would disagree with those two being better than what we have. He's been living off one purple patch for a while now.
Guendouzi plays in CL with Lazio and is better than Kai as a midfielder by a country mile. Willock if he was playing also better midfielder than Kai, Willock played without major until recently for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom