• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League QF tonight

jt73

We should have bought Kaka. Like so many mentioned last summer. Was it a passport problem or what? Man this guy is awesome!!!

A

Anonymous

Milan look bloody good. I can they them causing us loads of problems.

JazzG

Established Member
Milan have been sensational since they let that goal in, I've said for a while now they are the best in europe.

GlasgowGooner

must be so frustrating being a Depor fan some games they look like the best in Europe and others they just seem to crumble, although watching Valeron week in week out must cushion the blow...what a player.

Kyla

I knew Milan were good, but had no idea they were such a formidable outfit. About a coupla notches above most respected teams in Europe, with the exception of maybe Real. They are definitely the team to beat in this comp. I thought we had a sneaky chance of getting to the final and then giving it a good shot against maybe AC, but after watching them tonight, I doubt we can emerge as victors. They weren't exactly scinitillating but they nearly always had an end product to their moves. Sheva and Kaka and that guy Pirlo were great.

Kyla

It's actually quite disheartening to know that a team are better than you, when you've seen your own players play as well as they can but still aren't even on a level with the likes of AC. I think if we do get through the Chelsea test, anything else will really be just a bonus.

JazzG

Established Member
If we play at the top of our game we can beat Milan and are as good. Problem is it has been a long long time since we saw Arsenal at the top of their game and Milan have been playing bloody good consistantly.

MightyArsenal

Milan were awesome..but I think we shouldnt think so far ahead...chelski have a good chance of beating us..and if they do I think they have a sneaky chance of winning thw whole thing if duff stays fit..

Ps. Milan left alot of space and I think henry and co could make better use of that space than luque and sergio did. I also think vieira and edu would do better against pirlo and gattuso then mauro "40" silva and aldo" meta tarsal" duscher did.

flotz

saw the milan game , man the linesman was terrible
milan wouldve won 7-1 without his errors...i think its the same one that cancelled the scholes goal , or the same nationality
that was really anoying milan playing so beautifuly and the linesman ruining it everytime

Adam

Established Member
Arsenal can be effective against individualistic Italian teams - closer to the Premiership, and our games against Chelsea have shown how we can effectively deal with those sort of teams. Milan are very much similar to Chelsea, but have Shevchenko, Inzaghi and Kaka in comparison to Mutu, Crespo and Duff et al.

Their midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, and Seedorf is not significantly stronger than Makalele, Lampard and Geremi.

Ultimately, Depor's passing was great, but lacked the physical bite to take them to 2-0. Arsenal have that understanding and interplay in midfield, and more power than any other team in the world.

Our power, pace, and guile is tested against Spanish teams more as they like to impose their tempo and hold onto the ball well. We can impose our game more easily against Italians, and find our rhythm as a result.

Mark

Established Member
That was a great game. I was shocked to see Milan go 1-0 down with uncharacteristic bad defending, but they came back brilliantly. First time I've really seen Kaka play and he really is an excellent talent. Milan are definetly the team I fear the most in this competition.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Milan have a superb squad. Immense strength in depth.

2 very good keepers. A defence made up of world class players like Cafu, Kaladze, Nesta & Maldini, with Costacurta, Laursen and Pancaro as backup. Tremendous blend of ballwinners and creativity in midfield with Gattuso (2nd only to Vieira in the world imo), Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, etc...

And Shevchenko.

kNiteMare

Milan has their own galatico, and the thing is both their offense and defense are world class...

Milan looks quite sus today in defense though, probably because they lost Nesta. Depov actually look like they have chances with many of the cross. But the 10 minutes of so burst from milan really killed the game off. Their offense without a doubt is really good as well.

I think we should be able to beat them with the defense they have tonight, but if Nesta is back, i really have some doubt.

Yea the linesman is shocking, so many bad offside call. Could've 7-1 if the linesman isnt so bad. And Deportivo played dangously with such a high back line.

n_henry

Milan were scary. Truly..I was shocked they were able to score a flurry of goals like that :shock:

Kaka was bloody awesome, as usual... hopefully Reyes can burst onto the scene like Kaka's done soon also ;)

Well, nothing I can say can do this Milan team justice..they're just so strong all over the park, and are just a fantastic unit.

They're the outright faves to win, I think...with their experience and their incredible talent and depth... :?

They're probably the real Galacticos, I think. ;)

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom