• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Thun | 14/09/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 550
  • Views 20,620

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, as bad as you say we are, we currently have just as many points as anyone else in the Champions League... we are tops in our group, which is better than 24 other teams are doing... if you look at it in your "here and now" theory, we are currently one of the top 8 seeds, and sitting on top of our group. sure, it wasnt the prettiest win, but i consider it a job done, no matter how lucky... luck, my friend, is what you need to win the CL...

A

Anonymous

Indeed.

And yet it was one game. The reason why attention is paid to it, is because it's the opening game.. and we are a top seed. Such scrutiny comes with the status.

It's just a shame, some people on these boards don't understand that.

14teranga

A first game of a cup competition is always hard in football. This is not boxing it is football; the only sport where a "small" team can beat a "big" one in any given day (England-North Irland2005,Brazil-Norway1998, France-Senegal2002 .......). That is why it is the worlds game.

Back to the Thun game, you have to know that arsenal is not a his best right now. Players like Pires trying to get sharp, Ljundberg returning from injury are just other elements that are not giving us any favour. 2,3-0 is wonderful but to win when you are not at your best to me is something to be happy.

They were to many positives thing to see in that game. Reyes battling like a beast was one of them, so were Gilberto's form, Campbell's return with form, Pires' progress, the determination of the players specially in the second, how dangerous we were on set-pieces, Bergkamp's injury time winner, the clear-cut chances we created(Ljundberg2, RVP, Cesc...)......

James

Established Member
How come there's been no man of the match thread?

Bert has a stormer, and there's no thread for it. Typical.

Jinn

Established Member
James said:

Ah, good point. We should do one. TG's away for a bit.

lewdikris

Established Member
Kha0z said:
Indeed.

And yet it was one game. The reason why attention is paid to it, is because it's the opening game.. and we are a top seed. Such scrutiny comes with the status.

It's just a shame, some people on these boards don't understand that.

Kha0z - you're totally of the breed of fan who sees only good in other teams and negative in the team you claim to support. The idea that AC Milan were always in control and always going to score, and that we were rubbish and lucky, when the factual situation was that both teams scraped wins in the last minutes, shows that for all your wannabe logic, you're just another whinger.

And the fact you describe Arsenal as 'them' rather than 'us' suggests you're not really a fan at all.

Hush up.

A

Anonymous

Jinn said:
James said:

Ah, good point. We should do one. TG's away for a bit.

Can there really be any other mom then Bergkamp.. he provided the spirit.
---

Kha0z - you're totally of the breed of fan who sees only good in other teams and negative in the team you claim to support. The idea that AC Milan were always in control and always going to score, and that we were rubbish and lucky, when the factual situation was that both teams scraped wins in the last minutes, shows that for all your wannabe logic, you're just another whinger.

And the fact you describe Arsenal as 'them' rather than 'us' suggests you're not really a fan at all.

Hush up.

Utter and complete rubbish. If you want me to quote positives where none exist, then pass me the script to read. For me, the only positive things about this game, was that Bergkamp didnt seem as tired and old.
And that we won.

But outside of that the match left nothing to be cheerful or positive about.

So why should I lie.. and claim that it was an excellent performance, or even an above average performance. Just for you? I don't know you - And regardless you aren't worth me lying for.

As for AC Milan, Gattuso could have scored two. Kaka, scored one in the first half, later on in the second half, they got a penalty and converted.
Kaka scored with 4mins plus injury time.. and as I said, before Kaka scored his second, Gattuso could have scored, Shevchenko should have scored in between the chances.. from Pirlo's cross. And he made amends in the last mins.. but they didn't look like losing, or drawing.. and the balance of play was in Milan's hands.. the real difference between Milan and Fenerbache was the finishing, but still outside of that penalty.. Fenerbache didn't look like scoring. I doubt you even saw highlights of that game, much less the full 90 mins.

That said, I never said Arsenal was rubbish. I said Arsenal were inneffectual, lacking ideas, momentum, drive and other things that in previous times have been hallmarks of the Arsenal side. And once again, inneffectual possession.

Oh really, so the difference of one word means I'm no longer an Arsenal supporter? Of course .. it just means that you are a fool, simple as that.

Arsenal doesn't belong to you. You don't have the intelligence quotient to dictate who is and is not an Arsenal fan.

Infact, your whole post is utter rubbish, not only does it have nothing to do with Arsenal vs FC Thun, it's entirely based on 'attacking' me and my character. Which shows that you are either a spineless and spiteful coward.
Or you have not yet reached a mature level of human development, since you can't take heed that other people have differing opinions.

If anyone should hush up, it is you.

If your going to attempt to flame me, then at least do so with some degree of honesty and truth.

lewdikris

Established Member
Identification with a football team is expressed through saying 'we' rather than 'they' ... you're the only fan i've seen in three years on here who calls Arsenal 'them' rather than 'us', you're also one of the key whingers who's crept out of the woodwork to run their mouths off with over-elaborate and totally ill-reasoned (and bogusly expressed) diatribes in the post-Vieira/Baptista period.

I can't help but see a connection between those two facts i'm afraid.

It's much easier to be a fan who complains and damns whilst claiming to see things 'objectively' as you like so many of the other wannabes on here do than to see things with any actual objectivity. What that objectivity would tell you is that Arsenal won narrowly having missed chances earlier and playing badly, and that AC Milan (to continue the example) also won narrowly having played ok and having missed chances earlier.

Instead, you do what every dickhead here does, and valorises a different team (which could be, in order, AC Milan, Chelsea, Barca, Juve .... or any team who happen to perform better/have more english players/win something we haven't) with a claim of expertise on their performances and indepth knowledge on all their players, whilst spitting bile at a team you claim to support.

I don't buy it. I particularly don't buy it in the context of this forum, where it's much easier to spiel out a prolonged rant against the team and make yourself feel like a big man/woman than it is to offer anything constructive.

I don't mean to take this out on you particularly - you're no worse than the rest of the woodworm clogging up bandwidth - but i'll certainly be interested to see how you're wonderfully, incredibly .... turgid opinions change when there is an upturn in Arsenal's fortunes.

I suspect you'll crawl back under the rock with nothing left to say along with all the rest.

A

Anonymous

Identification with a football team is expressed through saying 'we' rather than 'they' ... you're the only fan i've seen in three years on here who calls Arsenal 'them' rather than 'us', you're also one of the key whingers who's crept out of the woodwork to run their mouths off with over-elaborate and totally ill-reasoned (and bogusly expressed) diatribes in the post-Vieira/Baptista period.

Over elaborate? ill-reasoned? If you say so. I'm opinionated, and not afraid to express myself whether I am. That's my personality and character.. can't handle it? Tough chitty-bang bang.

Instead, you do what every dickhead here does, and valorises a different team (which could be, in order, AC Milan, Chelsea, Barca, Juve .... or any team who happen to perform better/have more english players/win something we haven't) with a claim of expertise on their performances and indepth knowledge on all their players, whilst spitting bile at a team you claim to support.

Oh, so now I'm a dickhead.. or am I simply being likened to a dickhead..
Rofl. All because I have my own opinion, and it doesn't fall in line with yours. Well let me tell you something you little insepid child. This forum is not for your gratification. I'm not here to appease you. A forum is for the mixing of ideas and opinions.

If I feel there is something that needs to be said, I'll say it - I have no quarms about this, I'm not a simple 'yes' man that needs to conform to some kind of ridiculous standard.. where everything Arsenal do is excellent personified. If it's great, excellent, if it's not .. then it's not. The team accepts praise, and therefore accepts criticism in the same breadth. If you can't handle it.. then go to bed and stay there - That's the place for toddlers to rest till maturity. Again, your prejudgment once again shows your true character for what it is, Ignorant and misplaced. Typical of ego-centric bigots.

I don't mean to take this out on you particularly - you're no worse than the rest of the woodworm clogging up bandwidth - but i'll certainly be interested to see how you're wonderfully, incredibly .... turgid opinions change when there is an upturn in Arsenal's fortunes.

Oh, but you do mean to take this out on me personally, that's the point. Because there is no one else in this thread, who you are addressing other then I. And once again it exposes the person you really are. Selfish, and with a peculiar brand of simian logic. That it's either yourway or false. Which of course is bullshiz.

Your post has very little to do with Arsenal, and nothing to do with FC Thun, so again, Why are you here? There are other threads where you can express your petty disgusts against people who you think are running Arsenal down to the ground.

You simply aren't on my level.. and your posts reflect this, bias and ignorant. You speak about facts, like somehow they are on your side. When clearly they aren't. Arsenal have lost 3 of their last 6 games played.
So what facts do you have on your side? I don't know why you bring vieira into this, but he left and there is no replacement.. again.. what facts support your position? Baptista is still in spain and at a new club.. What exactly is your point? Do you even have one? I doubt it.

This is not even decent flamebait. So I suggest you take a bath.

I suspect you'll crawl back under the rock with nothing left to say along with all the rest.

What's the point of me being here for the bad, and not being here for the good. Where is the logic in that? You fool. Stay silent, because you have no point here. I suggest you look at other targets to satisify your misplaced ego.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
I am trying to understand you. What exactly do you think is our problem again?
1) Sub-Standard ****ty defense
2) Offense
3) Lack of guts
4) Bad Tactics by Wenger

1.well, hard to say. our defense is pretty solid, but a there are too many silly individual mistakes...

2.absolutely. so far we've been very disappointing going forward. lack of moment off the ball and at times lousy passing. this is supposedly our main asset, but at the moment we're struggling.

3.hard to say. haven't been one of our strengths in many years...

4.the overall tactics are good, but his complete apathy during matches is not good. in addition, he says he wants to give the kids a chance, but in 9 out 10 times he actually prefers the older players...

lewdikris

Established Member
No, honestly kid, I don't mean to take it out on you personally: that would clearly dignify you more than your sense of self-worth would allow. As I appear to have pricked your bubble of egotism anyway and given you cause to unleash a barrage of posturing about your own brilliance, I apologise ... to everyone else who has to hear how wonderful you are from your own mouth.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom