• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'd personally at this point keep him as our first choose CF and be looking for the profile of a wide forward with a bit of "x factor" as you'd call it, who brings some guaranteed goals.

He just adds so much to us both in attack and defence, the stats and the eye test don't lie. I don't want to see him in 8 and we've talked to death on why that is. We look borderline unbearable with him at CF and both Partey and Rice with Ødegaard.

Trossard has been great but he clearly should be utilised the way he already has been going forward. I want an explosive, unpredictable left sided player who can guarantee goals, and a more solutions for it we don't have Ødegaard. That's where I want the budget spent. Drop off in quality from a couple of first teamers Is too severe.

My main exception to this in terms of a new CF is if it's someone like Isak, who to my eyes can do it all. Seems a stretch to think we'd get him though.

I never thought I'd end up saying this but the best Arsenal right now is Kai up front, and the only way i can see that being someone different is if we bring in genuine world class talent.

I don't think names like Gyokeres etc are gonna do that.
Yeah I think I agree. But if we do that left winger has to be worldclass. We need our Sadio Mane from somewhere.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Every time I come in this thread there’s someone clamouring to see Kai at 8.

wtf is wrong with this forum honestly I give up.

I came to give him his flowers for his award and that but I’ll just give you all 🖕 instead

sdotzdot

Established Member
I'd personally at this point keep him as our first choose CF and be looking for the profile of a wide forward with a bit of "x factor" as you'd call it, who brings some guaranteed goals.

He just adds so much to us both in attack and defence, the stats and the eye test don't lie. I don't want to see him in 8 and we've talked to death on why that is. We look borderline unbearable with him at CF and both Partey and Rice with Ødegaard.

Trossard has been great but he clearly should be utilised the way he already has been going forward. I want an explosive, unpredictable left sided player who can guarantee goals, and a more solutions for it we don't have Ødegaard. That's where I want the budget spent. Drop off in quality from a couple of first teamers Is too severe.

My main exception to this in terms of a new CF is if it's someone like Isak, who to my eyes can do it all. Seems a stretch to think we'd get him though.

I never thought I'd end up saying this but the best Arsenal right now is Kai up front, and the only way i can see that being someone different is if we bring in genuine world class talent.

You are absolutely correct and I have been banging this drum for ages.

An explosive, “x factor” winger is what we truly need first and foremost to improve our attack. Second most important cog is a highly technical deep lying playmaker or an attack orientated left 8 who makes runs into the box (mainly why Havertz was signed but he has taken the CF spot by the horns), which one we get is dependent on Rices main feature in our midfield, which I think will be an 8 for next season for the most part.

Only then, is a CF next on the list. Fair play to Havertz for really stepping it up (but i knew all long he would ;)). Without him, we would have had huge, huge problems this season with perma crock perma sad face Gabby Jesus being our main CF… yikes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Calling it now, will be seen as the best striker in the world by the end of next season.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz

I came to give him his flowers for his award and that but I’ll just give you all 🖕 instead
Please show me how Rice is more suitable for LCM, sorry for my ignorance.

Yes, it did not work in the beginning, but after all these months, Kai starts showing his true abilities.
His on ball skills, ability to drive forward, passing...

I agree that Rice is more courageous to drive forward when their is space but he is not a better dribbler than Kai. Rice also does not make key and killer pass like Ode.

We want Rice as LCM is because we want a better 6 to cover Ode and LCM, and because Kai has better performance as a CF/false 9? Or we simply think Rice-Ode-Kai midfield did not work so it will not work?

I put his on discussion because for the past 2-3 months Kai shows he has more technical abilities than Rice to be our LCM.
It may not be our best lineup/setup, but I am just putting a discussion on table.

If we get a top forward (not out and out striker/#9), like Isak, could we have a front 3 like Nelli/Isak/Saka then a midfield of Rice-Ode-Kai?
This discussion is based on Kai's increased of passing range and willingless to drive forward in the past couple of months and Rice can spend more energy on defensive side.

Not saying we change this for our last two games, but definitely we could test this out in summer.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Please show me how Rice is more suitable for LCM, sorry for my ignorance.

Yes, it did not work in the beginning, but after all these months, Kai starts showing his true abilities.
His on ball skills, ability to drive forward, passing...

I agree that Rice is more courageous to drive forward when their is space but he is not a better dribbler than Kai. Rice also does not make key and killer pass like Ode.

We want Rice as LCM is because we want a better 6 to cover Ode and LCM, and because Kai has better performance as a CF/false 9? Or we simply think Rice-Ode-Kai midfield did not work so it will not work?

I put his on discussion because for the past 2-3 months Kai shows he has more technical abilities than Rice to be our LCM.
It may not be our best lineup/setup, but I am just putting a discussion on table.

If we get a top forward (not out and out striker/#9), like Isak, could we have a front 3 like Nelli/Isak/Saka then a midfield of Rice-Ode-Kai?
This discussion is based on Kai's increased of passing range and willingless to drive forward in the past couple of months and Rice can spend more energy on defensive side.

Not saying we change this for our last two games, but definitely we could test this out in summer.

Nah man you can argue with yourself on this one. I’m done 💨

Edit: Fwiw your whole approach is wrong. It’s not about individual technical ability (and even there Kai is well behind Rice on most technical aspects required of a midfielder) but the attributes of the midfield unit as a whole when you put them together.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Nah man you can argue with yourself on this one. I’m done 💨

Edit: Fwiw your whole approach is wrong. It’s not about individual technical ability (and even there Kai is well behind Rice on most technical aspects required of a midfielder) but the attributes of the midfield unit as a whole when you put them together.
I respect your decision on not going to engage with me on this discussion, but I really have no idea why you (just everyone here) insist it is not going to work; and why Rice is a better LCM option than Kai.

If people say, we have Partey (or replacment) to be that 6, so we need Rice and Ode as our 8, better to have Kai as 9, then okay, I accept that we may have a better setup this way. However, it also sounds like because we need someone to make those diagonal pass from there, and Rice is not able to do so, so we need a better 6 to be there and push Rice forward as 8 because he is our marquee signing.

Could Isak be our Mane out wide?

outlawz

Because people are jumping to false conclusions, thinking that his poor first half season showing was solely position related and that he has improved only because he is now playing up front, when it's obvious that he was completely devoid of any confidence and courage in the first half which wasn't position related and has since grown massively as the season has progressed.

Regardless, of whether he plays in midfield or up front, he still executes actions in the same part of the pitch and instead of the timid, and regressive player we saw, he's morphed into a guy who is hitting 40 yard cross field passes to setup Saka for goals.

He is better up front but had we kept him in midfield all season, his performances would still be greatly improved today.

Last edited:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Kane hasn't won anything (Audi Cup??) and is he a good player?

So its okay for Teta not to win anything as long as Kane play for teams that doesnt win anything? Or whats your point? Teta is nothing until he win a major trophy. Only a loser would say something else.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
So its okay for Teta not to win anything as long as Kane play for teams that doesnt win anything? Or whats your point? Teta is nothing until he win a major trophy. Only a loser would say something else.
Haven’t seen you and @Rasmi’s twin, @Baki. Whatever happened to him?

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom