• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: King David

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The Burnley keeper Aro Muric from yesterday's match at United looked excellent in his distribution and footwork.

Arteta knows him from when he was Ederson's deputy few years ago. Maybe we can look to get him and decide not to buy Raya after the loan ends.

Disclaimer: He is the keeper of my country, but I seriously was impressed with him. Only recently did Kompany decide to switch his keepers, and they had the best period by getting 13 points in last 8 matches, out of 24 total in season

View attachment 23925
Arteta absolutely loves Raya though. Maybe as a No. 2 Ramsdale replacement

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This ****ing guy spoiled the game for me with that moment. He played well otherwise, but that moment ****ed me.

What I’ve re-learnt this season is the importance of momentum in football, in any sport.

He was brought in to not be another Ramsdale. Granted our keeper responsibilities have more risk, but he needs to not do such silly things.

Legend14

Established Member
This ****ing guy spoiled the game for me with that moment. He played well otherwise, but that moment ****ed me.

What I’ve re-learnt this season is the importance of momentum in football, in any sport.

He was brought in to not be another Ramsdale. Granted our keeper responsibilities have more risk, but he needs to not do such silly things.
So frustrating. We finally calmed down. Sp**s looked exhausted from pressuring us non stop. and Raya gifts them a goal to reignite the match. Just a miserable play.

Malky

Established Member
He tried to be clever with a pass that 99% of the time he’d make, easily. He recovered really well afterwards though and really took the pressure off with the confident way he deals with crosses.
People hated Leno here because “ he can’t use his feet “ now we have a keeper who’s excellent but they want a pure shot stopper?
As others have said - Allison is considered the best in the world and we’ve seen him concede easy goals by playing out from the back.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

He dived the wrong way for both their disallowed goal as well as Romero's goal. Things we berated Ramsdale for last season. The only thing he's not doing at the moment is flapping at crosses and not plucking high balls. We have to ask ourselves, is that good enough for next season?

fute

He *bleeped* up big time with that mistake.

I tell you, despite his height, he can claim those crosses in the air well.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yes man fgs we have enough areas we need to recruit for please no more money on gkeepers please, he will suffice

Fs
Ramsdale on the way out surely. Need a no.2 anyway. Would Arteta be happy with a scrub as a backup? With all the talk when we bought Raya about needing 2 great players in each position

fute

Ramsdale on the way out surely. Need a no.2 anyway. Would Arteta be happy with a scrub as a backup? With all the talk when we bought Raya about needing 2 great players in each position

It was just a smoke screen by Arteta. He was never going to rotate.

Ideally, you'd probably like a guy like Ortega. How many guys like that out there willing to be a #2 and for a reasonable price?

Malky

Established Member

He dived the wrong way for both their disallowed goal as well as Romero's goal. Things we berated Ramsdale for last season. The only thing he's not doing at the moment is flapping at crosses and not plucking high balls. We have to ask ourselves, is that good enough for next season?
For Romeo’s goal he (Romero) gave him the eyes of the side he was going, and from such a close distance Raya had to make a choice and anticipate it- he had the full goal to aim at.
For all the stick he gets for his height he’s incredibly solid with crosses, can tell he gives our defence confidence when he goes for it.
He’s not exactly peak Neuer, Buffon or Casillias but it’s difficult to pick a keeper right now who’s excellent with his feet, controls his area as well as Raya but also an elite shot stopper.
Can anyone name someone who’s attainable instead of the usual “ **** this guy, get someone else “

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It was just a smoke screen by Arteta. He was never going to rotate.

Ideally, you'd probably like a guy like Ortega. How many guys like that out there willing to be a #2 and for a reasonable price?
Yeah City got very lucky with Ortega must say. He looks just as good as Ederson with less bozo moments

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
For Romeo’s goal he (Romero) gave him the eyes of the side he was going, and from such a close distance Raya had to make a choice and anticipate it- he had the full goal to aim at.
For all the stick he gets for his height he’s incredibly solid with crosses, can tell he gives our defence confidence when he goes for it.
He’s not exactly peak Neuer, Buffon or Casillias but it’s difficult to pick a keeper right now who’s excellent with his feet, controls his area as well as Raya but also an elite shot stopper.
Can anyone name someone who’s attainable instead of the usual “ **** this guy, get someone else “
I know why he did it but diving the wrong way was something we were criticizing Ramsdale for last season. Giving the ball away in dangerous areas, he's done it quite a few times this season, but this was possibly his most high profile error that got punished. I don't watch a lot of football from other leagues but I'm sure people can scout a few keepers around Europe who have comparable numbers. Being good with his feet and minimal bozo moments is why we upgraded Ramsdale for. Right now I'm ngl, i'm concerned. But he is without a doubt Arteta's man. I don't know how he addresses these errors with him in private.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If he didn't make that bad pass, people would say he had a great game.

Wasn't bad. Got to all of their crosses, did well until that stupid mistake. If Sp**s make it 3-3, he's the one to start their hunt. I'm just glad they didn't.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He literally looked half the height of the goal for sons penalty.
Weird how that wasn't the case when he was winning a penalty shoot out for us against Porto. He dove the right way and got beaten by a well taken penalty. Emi wasn't getting to that either.

fute

With our defense and what Arteta wants from a goalkeeper, playing with his feet, distribution, etc. then Raya is the guy.

We can win the PL with him.

We didn't lose the CL because of him. That was on our attack or lack thereof. Heck he helped us win out against Porto after he was made the scapegoat the 1st leg of that game.

Shot-stopping wise in open play is his weakness. Could be better, sure. He could be taller, but he claims those crosses. 🤷‍♂️

All in all, he is good enough for what we are trying to accomplish.

With our squad, given how relatively young we are at the most important impositions and money committed, you got to be smart about to where the spend the money. We aren't City or Chelsea.

Truly, what are our most pressing (pun?) needs? Goalkeeper isn't one of them.

Now, if Arteta is able to get a cheap Raya-like-loan deal for a guy he really wants next year and might be an improvement, then that is another story. :lol:

NZgunner

Raya's deficiencies are covered by an excellent defence in front of him - our xGA is the best in the league

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom