• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Also I don't mind footballers crying, just don't think the situation today warranted it...the odds of us winning it now was very slim, don't see a reason why everyone would be so upset.

A year of intense pressure just to come away with nothing is devastating. It's a testament to these guys' character that they believed there was a chance until the end. They never gave up.

While the fans were throwing in the towels, these guys were fighting. Criticizing them for showing that kind of passion is incredibly illogical to me - they're doing exactly what fans have always wanted; they ****ing care.

Thrice

He's talented enough to be a good box-to-box type player, but he should be a 6 because that's where he's elite. That's where his main strengths are.

We just need to find that 8, so Arteta can stop shuffling our midfield. Mac Allister probably would've been perfect for that role. Too bad Liverpool got him.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Think you’re being a bit harsh tbh.

Grown ass men like @Riou are losing their **** in here and circling the drain over the last day “drama” and we forget a lot of these players are just kids really.

I’ll allow the odd tear here and there as long as they don’t go full Zinchenko.

I’m with Riou, cup final I get tears, but after a good season when they had weeks to process it I didn't get it but I'm not there I see from my tv.

You reckon these guys cried in unison because of City and their 115 charges?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I’m with Riou, cup final I get tears, but after a good season this was a bit weird and over indulgent.

You reckon these guys cried in unison because of City and their 115 charges?

Na I genuinely think they’re naive kids who thought West Ham might do sth, they drag a hard fought win out of the bag and get a rush of adrenaline and then get a massive come down as it wears off and they realise it was all for nothing. You have to remember whatever emotions we fans go through, the players are much closer to it than we are. And for us it’s different coz we will always have the memories of the Invincibles and whatever, for these guys it’s right here right now.

Granit Xhaka wouldn’t have cried. To be fair if he was here we’d be lifting the trophy anyways but it’s not the time for that conversation now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Put him on 6 and make sure he stays away from the ball

Someone saying he is a better passer of the ball than Patrick Vieira is the day I stopped caring about this team.

I actually liked Rice before that, but I will never let that go 😅

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Someone saying he is a better passer of the ball than Patrick Vieira is the day I stopped caring about this team.

I actually liked Rice before that, but I will never let that go 😅
Whoever said that need to be put down for good

fute

Rice and Vieira are very similar players tbh. Same strengths, same weaknesses. Obviously one has 10x the career as things stand but Rice is 25, still time.

Moyes and Arteta are similar managers.

Both have full sets of hair and are 40+.

Riou

Rice to Patrick, is Martial to Henry.

Hopefully some of that £100 million is saved due to Dec having a Ballon d'Or clause too 👍

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's talented enough to be a good box-to-box type player, but he should be a 6 because that's where he's elite. That's where his main strengths are.

We just need to find that 8, so Arteta can stop shuffling our midfield. Mac Allister probably would've been perfect for that role. Too bad Liverpool got him.
Ideally, one of Vieira or ESR would develop into a player capable of playing the left 8 in certain matches and we sign a replacement for Partey so that we have the flexibility to change the midfield based on the opponent or any particular need we may have with other personnel. He makes more sense at the 8 against a team like City because he allows us to go toe to toe with them and force them to make decisions they don't want to make in their build up like in the Community Sheild. In some matches he makes more sense as a 6 when we're going to control the game and dominate possession but need to have him deeper to deal with transitions.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Moyes and Arteta are similar managers.

Both have full sets of hair and are 40+.

In terms of playing style, strengths and weaknesses, what separates Vieira and Rice?

Rice to Patrick, is Martial to Henry.

Hopefully some of that £100 million is saved due to Dec having a Balon d'Or clause too 👍

That's ridiculous :lol: Rice was one of the first names on the team sheet in the best Arsenal team since the Invincibles, there isn't much separating them.

As I said, Vieira has 10x the career and is for that reason well clear of Rice in terms of his legacy etc, but they do very similar things on the pitch. Vieira wasn't an elite playmaker, as much as your nostalgia might want that to be the case, but he was an unreal physical force with amazing defensive instincts and world class off the ball movement. His main attacking threat was his bursting runs from deep.

Again, this isn't a debate worth having anyway as I'm fighting nostalgia and a career's worth of achievements. You're lying to yourself if you don't think they operate on the pitch in very similar ways though.

Thrice

Ideally, one of Vieira or ESR would develop into a player capable of playing the left 8 in certain matches and we sign a replacement for Partey so that we have the flexibility to change the midfield based on the opponent or any particular need we may have with other personnel. He makes more sense at the 8 against a team like City because he allows us to go toe to toe with them and force them to make decisions they don't want to make in their build up like in the Community Sheild. In some matches he makes more sense as a 6 when we're going to control the game and dominate possession but need to have him deeper to deal with transitions.
I had hoped that ESR can fill that role, but I don't think he has the motor or the stamina for that. Maybe Vieira, but he needs to get stronger on the ball.
I don't know where these two fit in right now, to be honest. Maybe as backup for Ødegaard, but they can't really dictate the game either.

Riou

In terms of playing style, strengths and weaknesses, what separates Vieira and Rice?

That's ridiculous :lol: Rice was one of the first names on the team sheet in the best Arsenal team since the Invincibles, there isn't much separating them.

As I said, Vieira has 10x the career and is for that reason well clear of Rice in terms of his legacy etc, but they do very similar things on the pitch. Vieira wasn't an elite playmaker, as much as your nostalgia might want that to be the case, but he was an unreal physical force with amazing defensive instincts and world class off the ball movement. His main attacking threat was his bursting runs from deep.

Again, this isn't a debate worth having anyway as I'm fighting nostalgia and a career's worth of achievements. You're lying to yourself if you don't think they operate on the pitch in very similar ways though.

Vieira's dribbling and passing from deep was quite a step above Rice, that's why Paddy was such a unicorn player for us...he didn't get great numbers because we had Dennis getting the final ball, but Vieira could find him from pretty much anywhere.

Defensively, there's probably not much difference to be honest (though Paddy's main job wasn't to defend so the fact he was SO good at it was a big bonus) but you are pretty severely underrating his on the ball stuff, was an amazing playmaker in his own way.

Riou

Rice can burst though midfield when there is space, but no chance he can dribble like Paddy could...Vieira had crazy feet.

Batman

I had hoped that ESR can fill that role, but I don't think he has the motor or the stamina for that. Maybe Vieira, but he needs to get stronger on the ball.
I don't know where these two fit in right now, to be honest. Maybe as backup for Ødegaard, but they can't really dictate the game either.
Yeah it's an issue. I'm confident that we can bring in the right sort of player to complete the squad though. It's much nicer to have to worry about sorting 1-2 positions than where we were a couple of years ago.

Batman

Vieira's dribbling and passing from deep was quite a step above Rice, that's why Paddy was such a unicorn player for us...he didn't get great numbers because we had Dennis getting the final ball, but Vieira could find him from pretty much anywhere.

Defensively, there's probably not much difference to be honest...but you are pretty severely underrating his on the ball stuff, was an amazing playmaker in his own way.
Yes, even though you are doing far too much this week, Riousmi, you are correct here 100%.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom