• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edmond Tapsoba

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
One thing is for sure, if we want to go up a level next season we need a better RCB. Holding's lack of ability and composure on the ball is another reason for that U shape in our ball progression that people have been pointing out.

It'd be great if Saliba is that, but I'm not so convinced that a 20 year old that looked so raw for the U23 team last autumn is it as others. The fact that people seem so convinced that he is and that there won't be serious growing pains there, because, well, Fofana (completely ignoring the fact of much different systems, and the fact less is asked of Fofana in terms of decision making in Rodgers' typically counter-attacking style with Leicester), smells a bit of agenda-tied thinking.

Gabriel himself is very raw in terms of decision making, you're talking about a massive risk thinking that we can go into next season with Gabriel and Saliba as our CB pair, in a position where experience is much more important than others, and where players typically develop at a slower pace.

So yeah, I'd like to see a RCB signed. This guy's profile seems quite interesting, that graphic posted above and the description of his passing is certainly quite appealing. If our scouting department deems that he, at 2 years older than Saliba, is much more mature and ready, well, they better get it right, but yeah, RCB is certainly an area of improvement.

But why point to his games in the U23s, and not his games for Nice where he played consistently very well? I agree on the Fofana point though, he's been fantastic but he's playing in a back 3 a lot of the time, and he has made some rash mistakes.

On Tapsoba, like yeah he looks great and his stats are great, but I just can't fully trust the Bundesliga tbh. Upamecano has been balling in that league for ages and he's still not broken into the French squad. I just wonder if the tactics in the Bundesliga are more open and allow players to look good.

If Saliba wasn't an Arsenal player and he played in the Bundesliga for 2 seasons I guarantee all the twitter accounts would be drooling over his stats and we'd be saying he's an elite young CB.

If we wanna sign an experienced CB, 30+, i'm slightly more ok with that, cos i get the logic, but I do not get the logic of links to Tapsoba, Andersen, Tosin etc when we already have two of the best young defensive prospects in Europe on our books.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No Europe next season means we can afford to have a much smaller squad. Saliba/Holding/Gabriel/Mari with Chambers also providing cover there is more than enough.

We had the third best defence last season, and barely broke the top 10 for goals. That tells us where the vast majority of the budget should be spent...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So we have something they want to buy and we want to sell (by the looks if things).
They have something they want to keep and that we want to buy (desperately if we're going by Ornstein's comments that RCB is one of the main priorities).

We're getting taken to the cleaners on this one, aren't we? :facepalm:

My thoughts on this are clear, I want to see Saliba in an Arsenal shirt next season, but if I take that hat off for a second, if the club are insistent they want a new RCB to replace Luiz and if the relationship between Saliba and the club has broken down (wouldn't surprise me tbh), then you really couldn't wish for a better makeweight in a deal than Saliba. Plenty of clubs around Europe would be ecstatic to have him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I mean Tapsoba is more talented than Saliba alot of pundits saying he is going to be such great cb in future. but would still make no sense we'll replace very talented cb to another talented cb. Well our club is wierd so i won't rule that out

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
My thoughts on this are clear, I want to see Saliba in an Arsenal shirt next season, but if I take that hat off for a second, if the club are insistent they want a new RCB to replace Luiz and if the relationship between Saliba and the club has broken down (wouldn't surprise me tbh), then you really couldn't wish for a better makeweight in a deal than Saliba. Plenty of clubs around Europe would be ecstatic to have him.

Totally agree, yet absolutely livid with the way Saliba has been handled - was my obsession of that window to get such a perfect CB signing and now I'm never seeing him in our shirt in a serious game.

Mental.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If Saliba is already written off, then I'd rather he be utilized in an exchange for Tapsoba. My preference is for Saliba to be given an opportunity, obviously.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All Arsenal media reporters saying Arteta going to use him in pre-season before deciding his future. This thing should wait now we got lot of things to do

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I would take the swap. Tapsoba is ready made, way more experience despite still being quite young.

African excellence at the Emirates tears in my eyes. Its pretty clear we are going after these guys with Partey and Auba here. Much easier to convince when you have world class African players already.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If Saliba leaves here without having played 1 minute of ball i am done. I know i troll a lot but i am done if we sell him this summer

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd be angrier if Arteta kept Saliba and only had him as bit part understudy to Holding next season, esp. if all important results remain poor.
I see it as a 66% chance of the two things we mentioned happening unfortunately. His wording on the situation was quite worrying recently. I'm hoping for that 33% (we actually give Saliba a good chance).

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I would take the swap. Tapsoba is ready made, way more experience despite still being quite young.

African excellence at the Emirates tears in my eyes. Its pretty clear we are going after these guys with Partey and Auba here. Much easier to convince when you have world class African players already.

Way more experience? He’s made about 20 appearances more than Saliba, so just over half a seasons worth of extra experience. You crack me up :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

African excellence will **** us every 2 years. Imo we shouldn't have more than 2-3. Would rather take European-African talent unfortunately. Saliba is that....

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom