• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Pure Profit Targets for Thinnest Squad FC: January 2024

Which position would you prioritise in January?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning_woody

Can we get Zerbi or maybe Motta we should send him to Spain. He will actually make that club go broke.

Michael Scott No GIF

Another unproven possession merchant

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

"We have one of the thinnest squads in the league, that's for sure."

Errr, is Arteta for real here or just trolling?

Definitely a Freudian slip there.

The more we learn about him, the less there is (pun intended) to respect.

Is it possible that Arteta was referring to the squad in its "current state" - we're quite short at the back w/o Timber and Tomi.

And even then managers say a lot of stuff and excuses to protect their own interests. No need to read a lot into it.

What is most important is the main theme from Arteta this month is that he is not goimg to just buy player for sake of it and he will work with what he has now. So we will hopefully be well set up for 1-2 top quality signings next summer.

We are doing well. Manage through difficult injuries. Are chasing the top team. Creating and deny chances at good rate.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Is it possible that Arteta was referring to the squad in its "current state" - we're quite short at the back w/o Timber and Tomi.
We went to the CL final paying Flamini as a LB, Eboue RB, and Senderos as a CB. Just because we have few players out doesn't mean we have to jump on spending. BW, Zinchenko, Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwi. It's not as bad as you guys are making it

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's obviously a bit disappointing not to being able to strengthen the squad, but you live in the hope that will give more firepower for the summer.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We went to the CL final paying Flamini as a LB, Eboue RB, and Senderos as a CB. Just because we have few players out doesn't mean we have to jump on spending. BW, Zinchenko, Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwi. It's not as bad as you guys are making it

I agree with you, I'm just trying to play devil's advocate RE: Arteta's comments on having a "thin squad" - I don't think he actually believes it as he stated quite clearly at the beginning of the season that our squad was actually too large and players had to leave.

I'm fairly certain he means that taking into player absences he feels he has a thin squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I agree with you, I'm just trying to play devil's advocate RE: Arteta's comments on having a "thin squad" - I don't think he actually believes it as he stated quite clearly at the beginning of the season that our squad was actually too large and players had to leave.

I'm fairly certain he means that taking into player absences he feels he has a thin squad.
It's just excuses tbh, the squad doesn't have the right balance and he definitely brought in some players that don't fit, that's his main problem not numbers.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He’s talking ****, on paper we have a very deep squad, but he’s realised Havertz is sh*t, Timber is out ages and Partey will never be fit, add that to ESR,Viera and Tomi and suddenly it’s thin.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He’s talking ****, on paper we have a very deep squad, but he’s realised Havertz is sh*t, Timber is out ages and Partey will never be fit, add that to ESR,Viera and Tomi and suddenly it’s thin.

It's partly his fault too, he barely gives minutes to Nelson who is more than capable of playing for us as we saw in the FA Cup tie vs Liverpool - he just fails to use the full extent of his squad.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Those comments can’t be real man. What a fkwit honestly, and just as I had hoisted my flag in the sexuals corner 😭

There’s no way he meant that literally surely

HattoriHanzo

Did very well at Spezia two seasons in a row and has Bologna punching well above their weight. He's a good three levels above Arteta at this point in time
Are you so desperate that you want Motta in Arsenal who never played and never managed in England?
He spent 1 season in Spezia and has 0.98 pts per game there.
In Bologna he has 1.58 pts per game so far.
You really think that this is 3 levels above Arteta who has 1.92 pts per game so far in Arsenal?
Let's not exaggerate.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Are you so desperate that you want Motta in Arsenal who never played and never managed in England?
He spent 1 season in Spezia and has 0.98 pts per game there.
In Bologna he has 1.58 pts per game so far.
You really think that this is 3 levels above Arteta?
I remember him doing a full season and some change at Spezia might be wrong though. He defo however successfully kept them in the league when they had no business in Serie A, now he's gone and they're about to get relegated from Serie B.

Bologna have a **** squad and they're couple points behind 4th. Arteta had 800m and is at 1.92ppg with us if you want to argue using yank stats, removing that first half season last year which is looking more and more like a fluke and his average isn't far off Mottas.

I'd not just pick Motta to replace Arteta, I'd pay Barcelona to cover the latters wages and send him there immediately. Would normally give him the rest of the season but after his recent comments he can **** off right now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I remember him doing a full season and some change at Spezia might be wrong though. He defo however successfully kept them in the league when they had no business in Serie A, now he's gone and they're about to get relegated from Serie B.

Bologna have a **** squad and they're couple points behind 4th. Arteta had 800m and is at 1.92ppg with us if you want to argue using yank stats, removing that first half season last year which is looking more and more like a fluke and his average isn't far off Mottas.

I'd not just pick Motta to replace Arteta, I'd pay Barcelona to cover the latters wages and send him there immediately. Would normally give him the rest of the season but after his recent comments he can **** off right now.
Motta has done impressive job at Bologna. But how good is his English? I just don’t think Arsenal is the type of club you can get good coverage without being fluent in English. Historically Arsenal is a posh club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom