• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 289,617

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Jovic is a hard pass for me. Has all in the warning signs - good numbers in the Bundesliga, hyped talent but failed to step up to a new league. If he wasn't playing for Madrid then no one would be interested.

Let another club take the gamble, unless Madrid offer a loan + option type deal maybe.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Jovic is a hard pass for me. Has all in the warning signs - good numbers in the Bundesliga, hyped talent but failed to step up to a new league. If he wasn't playing for Madrid then no one would be interested.

Let another club take the gamble, unless Madrid offer a loan + option type deal maybe.

Shady mentallity as well. Wouldn't really want him here.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It has to be Isak. Better on the ball is an understatement. There isn't a complete striker in world football currently. They all have flaws no matter the price. Haaland and Osimhen are the main two on fire and they have flaws on their game.

Isak would be expensive, but his flaws, in my opinion are things that he can develop. Aerially he isn't amazing, but he has the athleticism and bravery to become better at it. His link up play isn't bad and will get better. There are simply things that he has, that you can't teach. Pace, dribbling ability, he has vision.

The question is. Would he come? I reckon if we got into Europe, joining a young project and being the forward that leads it would be appealing to him. I don't think the price would be an issue. If Arteta does well he pretty much earns the right to say who he wants as his striker.
I think Isak is definitely an obtainable target. In fact, I'd say he's exactly in our range. Real Sociedad to Arsenal is a jump, and he probably isn't attractive enough for clubs that are more attractive destinations than us.

It doesn’t matter how good a goalscorer is. You not gonna get far with those 3 behind a striker. No goals in them for a striker to carry them
It's too early for such an assessment. ESR seems to be turning a corner in terms of his goal contributions at the very moment. Also, City won the title with Gündoğan as their top goalscorer last season. So you clearly don't need multiple people carrying the load as long as you can get well-rounded contributions all over the map.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think there has been clear evidence bundesliga is easier and numbers over there don’t translate well to the PL

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only warning sign we need, stay well clear.

In fact if you're a serious footballer you shouldn't even think about joining that league unless it's for Bayern.

GLITCH

I'd say Jovic on loan with a 25 million option to buy and Zakaria for a small fee of 8 million seeing as he is going for free at the end of the season. We already know he can play with Xhaka and his physicality would suit the Premier league. Right age profile too.

With Jovic, I think people are sleeping on him. Goonertalk didn't want a restoration project. However pre Real Madrid he showed insane finishing off both feet and aerial ability. He looks built for the Premier League. He also functions in front 2. Imagine he came and banged straight away? That's our Laca replacement sorted.
Something about him when he played for Frankfurt reminded me a bit of Aguero. Maybe it's just their similar build.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Went out looking for players with a similar profile to some strikers I rate and think would work well in this team with how we play. Also included Laca for replacing purposes seeing he'll be gone. I took a look at the 20-21 season versions of Firmino, Jesus, Depay and Laca. Wanted to include Jota as well but he probably played too few mins to be eligible, so added the Barca version of Depay to see if that changed anything. Whatever.

Anyways, Amine Gouiri shows up as a similar player to all of them which is very encouraging imo. Jonathan David shows up as similar to Laca and Gabriel Jesus.

Also - here's a stats comparison of those two + Isak and Vlahovic that I posted in the Vlahovic thread

1636380421580.png

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
The only warning sign we need, stay well clear.

In fact if you're a serious footballer you shouldn't even think about joining that league unless it's for Bayern.

This is a great point.

Haaland, Bellingham, Florian Wirtz, Nkunku, Olmo, Thuram, N'Dicka, Kamada, Mukiele, Moriba etc. wouldn't even take them here for free when they're from "that league". Shows they clearly don't care the slightest about their careers.

Similar to KDB, Son, Sane, Gundogan, Auba, Havertz.

Tir Na Nog

This is a great point.

Haaland, Bellingham, Florian Wirtz, Nkunku, Olmo, Thuram, N'Dicka, Kamada, Mukiele, Moriba etc. wouldn't even take them here for free when they're from "that league". Shows they clearly don't care the slightest about their careers.

Glad we're on the same page!

This is a great point.

I wonder how many footballs you have to kick into Tir Na Nog's face until he knows what it is?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

EzCDMx2UUAA9RQV

Ngl at that price I would have preferred Jesse Lingard rather than Ødegaard at 35m.

Tir Na Nog

EzCDMx2UUAA9RQV

Ngl at that price I would have preferred Jesse Lingard rather than Ødegaard at 35m.

Lingard in that role for us would genuinely be brilliant, especially given what seems to be asked of Ødegaard and Laca in it, it'd be perfect for someone like Lingard who has exceptional movement and decent end product.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

EzCDMx2UUAA9RQV

Lingard wasn't for sale last summer, especially for that price.

So it's a moot wish to want him, unless you were ready to go into the season without an AMF apart from ESR. Or pay much more than 10 million to get him from United.

He is also 29 in a month, exactly 6 years older than Ødegaard.

His wages would also likely be quite much higher, it's his last big contract.

It's great that the club now went for good players with great potential, when they got the money.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lingard wasn't for sale last summer, especially for that price.

So it's a moot wish to want him, unless you were ready to go into the season without an AMF apart from ESR. Or pay much more than 10 million to get him from United.

He is also 29 in a month, exactly 6 years older than Ødegaard.

His wages would also likely be quite much higher, it's his last big contract.

It's great that the club now went for good players with great potential, when they got the money.

We could have held out until January and just sign him for 10m as it’s obvious they’re desperate now as he has 6 months left on his deal.

He’ll be turning 29 in December but at that price, it’s definitely worth the risk. I can’t see us flipping that 35m we spent on Ødegaard anyways, so him being 6 years younger is irrelevant.

Jesse Lingard signed for West Ham last January and got 9 goals + 4 assists in the PL in half a season. That’s the type of boost we need if we are to secure CL football this season imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Latest posts

Top Bottom