• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 738,631
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Timber injury cant be counted against the window, he’s a top signing and what happened to him has nothing to do with transfers.

Loaning Tierney for peanuts when he could step in to cover Timber’s absence is the real issue imo
The injury can’t, but the lack of fixing the hole it leaves can and keeping Tierney would’ve been one way to go for sure

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

This club’s inability to sell players is ****ing embarrassing, every other club can sell their deadwood for half decent fees, we can’t even get ours away on loan!
Tierney away on loan while useless gimps like Cedric, Lokonga, Tavares and Holding are still here.

Is it any shock? City have sold youngsters, Chelsea have sold sought after players. We are trying to sell Lokonga, Cedric and Holding.

Malky

Established Member
Is it any shock? City have sold youngsters, Chelsea have sold sought after players. We are trying to sell Lokonga, Cedric and Holding.
Don’t act like if those players were at Chelsea, City, Liverpool, etc, they wouldn’t have been sold by now. Or at the very least away on loan and their wages off the books.
Look at our track record of selling players in the past few seasons, it’s not just this summer!

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Don’t act like if those players were at Chelsea, City, Liverpool, etc, they wouldn’t have been sold by now. Or at the very least away on loan and their wages off the books.
Look at our track record of selling players in the past few seasons, it’s not just this summer!

We manage to sell players who have interest and are wanted, we don’t manage to sell the ones who don’t have interest. I am not shocked. City struggled selling similar players back when they were chopping and changing the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unless there some serious links in morning then we pretty much done there so far zero serious links since Timber injury. we can only hope but imo nothing gonna happen

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pathway for youngsters ? There is little evidence of this under Teta tbh

Saka, Nelson, & ESR were all given debuts & opportunities under previous managers. Teta only played ESR & Nelson because at the time there was nobody else.

Omari Hutchinson left to go to Chelsea & Patino & BNC are on the loan merry go round.

He has 2 diamonds in the making with Nwaneri & MLS, let's see how that goes....
In all fairness, who has there been to give game time too that hadn't already been given game time elsewhere? Balogun is the only one. Patino looked like a school kid away at Forest and BNC isn't technically secure enough and they are the only ones who are even close. Hutchinson got bench time but then forced a move to Chelsea so he could go from being 2nd or 3rd choice right winger to 5th choice.

The fact is, between the Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, ESR group and last year FA youth cup group there has literally been Saka (who ended up beating them to it) and Balogun who have been even close to the level that would earn games. Hutchinson might have got minutes if he'd stayed, and Patino SERIOUSLY needed a loan to learn how to play men's football. ACD and Walters look like the next two off the taxi rank, with Lino Sousa also a possibility, with Nwaneri and MLS hot on the heels. The league cup draw doesn't help though, as we can't play the kids away at Brentford unless we are throwing the tie.

In all fairness, who has there been to give game time too that hadn't already been given game time elsewhere? Balogun is the only one. Patino looked like a school kid away at Forest and BNC isn't technically secure enough and they are the only ones who are even close. Hutchinson got bench time but then forced a move to Chelsea so he could go from being 2nd or 3rd choice right winger to 5th choice.

The fact is, between the Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, ESR group and last year FA youth cup group there has literally been Saka (who ended up beating them to it) and Balogun who have been even close to the level that would earn games. Hutchinson might have got minutes if he'd stayed, and Patino SERIOUSLY needed a loan to learn how to play men's football. ACD and Walters look like the next two off the taxi rank, with Lino Sousa also a possibility, with Nwaneri and MLS hot on the heels. The league cup draw doesn't help though, as we can't play the kids away at Brentford unless we are throwing the tie.

Correct, fans are spoilt on this forum about how many top talents we have produced in recent years.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This window has been shambolic. Of course, a lot of this is down to the Timber injury, but we've had enough time to react. This is a bad, bad window. Seems pretty much every club in the league is struggling.

It’s not, far from shambolic at all. It does feel worse with Timbers injury’s however.

Considering we had 3 top targets wrapped up by pre-season was really impressive and adding Raya was a bonus.

Had Timber not been injured I’d say we were much stronger than last year but I feel we really need another player in which it looks like we won’t get.

A shame, but if we stay fit till January and bring in some academy players (doubt) then I won’t complain.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I haven’t been too worried. Quietly confident we will sign a fullback.

Not doing so would be gross negligence especially now we are back in the CL.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I haven’t been too worried. Quietly confident we will sign a fullback.

Not doing so would be gross negligence especially now we are back in the CL.
not sure there zero links unless the club work in private and deadline day nothing goes private. not sure is negligence the club did their part with signing we could have Timber ACL in September and we'd be in similar situation but he injured with 2 weeks to of window remaining i was hoping they can find someone to replace him but there zero links so unless something appear tomorrow then it pretty much that what they'll go with.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
not sure there zero links unless the club work in private and deadline day nothing goes private. not sure is negligence the club did their part with signing we could have Timber ACL in September and we'd be in similar situation but he injured with 2 weeks to of window remaining i was hoping they can find someone to replace him but there zero links so unless something appear tomorrow then it pretty much that what they'll go with.
It would still be negligence because no matter how unlucky it was, we are now a man light in defence (actually, 2 men light in defence after Tierney departed) compared to the end of last season.

Combine that with CL football and they’re begging for Banter era stuff at the back after a couple injuries.

So with what we have in front of us combined with the transfer window being open, it would certainly be gross negligence to not get another fullback in.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Obviously if Timber was injured in September we can't do anything. But we got to know about this injury 3 weeks back. Since then we sold Tierney and probably even Holding now. In that case, we should have looked for a replacement.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It would still be negligence because no matter how unlucky it was, we are now a man light in defence (actually, 2 men light in defence after Tierney departed) compared to the end of last season.

Combine that with CL football and they’re begging for Banter era stuff at the back after a couple injuries.

So with what we have in front of us combined with the transfer window being open, it would certainly be gross negligence to not get another fullback in.
Well with Partey going as RB it's pretty much cleanr how things going in Arteta mind he has 7 players he can rotate in defense and i really hate Partey as RB but we gonna see it alot this season until Timber is back specially if they signed nobody. they won't be spending another 30-40M for a defender and you can understand this so only left is loan market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom