• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Tom349

This might be harsh but I thought his cameo the other day showed exactly why we need to move on from him which was only further highlighted when compared to Timbers cameo.

Timber looked like a player wanting to make a difference and provide a point of difference while ESR looked someone who was happy to receive minutes and just be part of the team. Nothing that screamed I've got an opportunity to help my team win the game while also proving to the manager that I deserve more minutes.

It was by no means a bad cameo but the mindset and behaviour of both players couldn't have been any different and if Im Arteta looking at ESR Im thinking this is a player we can improve on. I want someone who is going to come off the bench and drive the team forward, take responsibility to get the team ahead and whilst sometimes players can overdo this and become a detriment to the team due to their selfishness I would rather that mindset over what ESR delivers.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If he wants to be an impact player I’d be really happy if he stays. We have starting positions to improve and I’d rather not see us swap out rotational players with a net loss. Edu will never get a players worth and we’ll just end up signing another Vieira type project anyway. I’d like to see Eddie and Reiss go before Smithy anyway.

blaze_of_glory

I put him down as my biggest disappointment of the season because I had such high hopes for him and he barely got to play. He was unlucky not to get a few goals in the time he did get but overall he didn't really make a great case for himself. But hard to do so with such limited minutes. No idea if he's here next season or not, but if he is then I really hope he's not just kept on the bench the whole time.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Still rate his qualities but so sad he has been dogged by injury so much.

If that is behind him & he kicks on again he could be a very useful player.
Unfortunately as I have said before i have doubts about his off the ball ability which is so important nowadays if you want to play for a very top team in this league.
The reason Peps Man C, Klopps Liverpool & Us have been the best teams recently is the incredibly high workrate/standard both in & out of possession.

If fit he would do very well at most teams in the top 10

Fact is Us & Man C are not 'most teams'.

The difference in demand/level between going for the title against Peps City rather than competing for top 8 as we were when he broke through is massive.

What I will say is that it is hard to throw a player returning from injury after hardly playing for 2 whole seasons into the intensity of a title race certainly against Man C towards the end of the season.

You can say we did it with TP but he looked pretty rusty & had been a regular more recently.

He may get pre season to shine & see if the manager/coaches think he is up to the level we need & contribute next season?

He needs to play regularly though now to try re-establish himself & not sure he is going to be able to do that here.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's still a big talent. And in fairness, he's kept himself fit for a while despite not playing a great deal.

I'm willing to give it another season. He's Arsenal through and through and he's already shown can he can do in full flow.

He dribbles with both feet :drool:

He’s contributed nothing in 2 years now. I don’t get why Eddie gets slated (who’s contributed a lot more in that period), and this guy gets a free ride.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This might be harsh but I thought his cameo the other day showed exactly why we need to move on from him which was only further highlighted when compared to Timbers cameo.

Timber looked like a player wanting to make a difference and provide a point of difference while ESR looked someone who was happy to receive minutes and just be part of the team. Nothing that screamed I've got an opportunity to help my team win the game while also proving to the manager that I deserve more minutes.

It was by no means a bad cameo but the mindset and behaviour of both players couldn't have been any different and if Im Arteta looking at ESR Im thinking this is a player we can improve on. I want someone who is going to come off the bench and drive the team forward, take responsibility to get the team ahead and whilst sometimes players can overdo this and become a detriment to the team due to their selfishness I would rather that mindset over what ESR delivers.
I defended lokonga in that document when nketiah attacked him for being frustrated not playing. Bit nketiah and esr lack the drive and are happy with easy life. People will tell you they are good team mates and put the team ahead of their needs. But it’s nonsense

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think ESR will go down the Oxlade-Chamberlain route. He’ll have flashes of brilliance followed by long stretches of inconsistency and injuries. Good player but not worth the hassle of blocking a potentially elite prospect like Nwaneri. £25 million bid and I’m snatching it.

blaze_of_glory

So he’s unreliable and can’t keep fit, something other players get slated for.
Right but the season before his big injury (dont' think he had injury issues prior to that) he was one of our most important players so people are hoping he can show that again. May not get there but its not surprising people wonder if he could

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Right but the season before his big injury (dont' think he had injury issues prior to that) he was one of our most important players so people are hoping he can show that again. May not get there but its not surprising people wonder if he could

“That season” feels like a lifetime ago now 😔

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think ESR will go down the Oxlade-Chamberlain route. He’ll have flashes of brilliance followed by long stretches of inconsistency and injuries. Good player but not worth the hassle of blocking a potentially elite prospect like Nwaneri. £25 million bid and I’m snatching it.
I think it will go worse for him. Esr at 30 will not even be playing pro football. The guy look chubby ffs and has looked for the past 2 years

blaze_of_glory

“That season” feels like a lifetime ago now 😔
It really does. I won't be surprised if ESR leaves this summer because the team has progressed a lot since then, without him. If I were to guess, he stays and has until January to try to stake a place in the team. But I think a lot may depend on what happens for CM signings.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It really does. I won't be surprised if ESR leaves this summer because the team has progressed a lot since then, without him. If I were to guess, he stays and has until January to try to stake a place in the team. But I think a lot may depend on what happens for CM signings.

That is the problem though. At his age and how little he plays. He should want to leave and get regular game time. But unless the club pulls the plug he stays.

Another issue is he has 2 years left on his deal. If he stays he gets a new deal most likely

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom