• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League 2023/24

Thrice

Xhaka is obviously in the form of his life right now. But we shouldn't forget that he didn't always look like that. And he'll be 32 in a few months, so regression is inevitable.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Are leverkusen tired they have played more games than Arsenal have

And won the league against a team that for outspends them hmm

But are not crying about the team that outspends them hmm

Hmm interesting they also have a young inexperienced manager hmm
Why would you use Leverkusen as a stick to beat Arsenal with? :lol:

What they've done is almost unheard of, hold any manager to that standard and you can rip them to shreds.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't remember Celtic winning a European trophy in my lifetime.
I am not sure how old you are but in 1967 Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup (the modern day champions league) and four domestic trophies - officially recorded as the only ever European quintuple.

But the invincibles I mentioned had nothing to do with European trophies it was about going unbeaten - and between (I believe as I'm listening to Soul Sister) 1913 - 1917 Celtic went unbeaten in all competitions. Jürgen Klopp would have had a field day as Celtic played two games on the same day.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Why would you use Leverkusen as a stick to beat Arsenal with? :lol:

What they've done is almost unheard of, hold any manager to that standard and you can rip them to shreds.

You can mention Emery's immediate effect in Birmingham if thats better. The point is that not all managers need several years and absurd money to make a team significantly better. But Teta needed that.

Auba has scored almost 30 goals this season btw. He is pissing on Jesus, Havertz and Nketiah (anyone remember him?).

Thrice

I am not sure how old you are but in 1967 Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup (the modern day champions league) and four domestic trophies - officially recorded as the only ever European quintuple.

But the invincibles I mentioned had nothing to do with European trophies it was about going unbeaten - and between (I believe as I'm listening to Soul Sister) 1913 - 1917 Celtic went unbeaten in all competitions. Jürgen Klopp would have had a field day as Celtic played two games on the same day.
Was before my time. I have a lot of respect for the history of the two Glasgow clubs. Not sure what's your stance about it, but I was always hoping they'd join the English league system. But that ship seems to have sailed.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
The stat is about top 5 European leagues anyway. For all we know a team from Luxembourg could go unbeaten in all comps but nobody cares.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
You can mention Emery's immediate effect in Birmingham if thats better. The point is that not all managers need several years and absurd money to make a team significantly better. But Teta needed that.

Auba has scored almost 30 goals this season btw. He is pissing on Jesus, Havertz and Nketiah (anyone remember him?).
I agree Emery is a fantastic manager and is doing a great job. Yet if you use @Bradpiff 's logic and compare him to Alonso he's a **** manager.
  • Aston Villa has a higher squad value and spent more in transfers yet Villa is fighting for top 4 while Leverkusen secured the league title ages ago and is likely getting an invincible treble.
  • Leverkusen is in the final of the Europa League while multiple time winner of the competition Emery got destroyed by Olympiacos in a weaker tournament.
  • Emery has 10 years of experience over Alonso, yet he's underperforming on every metric compared to him
See how the Leverkusen comparison is a terrible one? That's my only point.

You'll never catch me saying that Arteta had the ideal path to getting us here, I wanted him sacked twice. But right now he's doing a great job. And progression is not linear, off the top of my head Ten Hag, Mourinho and Conte's first seasons were used as sticks to beat Arteta with, yet they all regressed, never came close to the tile and were (or about to be) sacked.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Latest posts

Top Bottom