• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 16/04/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 312
  • Views 11,619

informed1

asajoseph said:
Actually, I just checked - it is BS - there are just under 140k people in Blackburn, just under 70k of which are male.

Still, an impressive attendance, from a small club.

go on asajoseph tell us the truth....you're bored aren't you :)

lee1001

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
sabret00the said:
also for those who have checked his gameage in the reserves you'll see that their should be no question over his individuality, he plays a very team orientated game, he just doesn't do it in the same way that either Dennis or Thierry does, he does it in hos own way and a way that's proved successful in the reserves.

thats reserve football which is a different kettle of fish. i think you were one of those who suggested that wenger gives him little time meaning when he does get the chance he tries too hard. i tend to agree with that.

what i do know is that we have to stop these comparisons with bergkamp. rvp is a decent passer of course with good technique, like bergkamp, but i just feel rvp is geared more towards goal scoring than creating. bergkamp tends to focus solely on the latter. i think thats where the clash of interest with henry emerges. rvp is more concerned about scoring rather than creating for henry. a lot of people feel that henry would do well in a more orthodox creative role (even if he is already creative now), but i doubt his willingness to give up the goals he would score from being the most advanced forward.

People are already saying Henry can't play with Reyes and now your suggesting he can't play with V Persie?

Bergkamp is past his best and there isn't a player around who can replace him. If Reyes and V Persie can't play with Henry then maybe there is nobody who can. Or we use a creative midfielder who can supply both Henry and V Persie. Im not sure.

In terms of V persie today, although he was only on for a 10 minutes, there was a definate difference in him since i saw him last. He was taking no more than two touches of the ball..give and go the Arsenal way.
The following quotes from Wenger and Cole back my point up...

http://www.reuters.com/locales/c_newsAr ... ID=8201533

"He has improved his game," said Wenger, "He is less flashy and has worked on his temperament. You can see he plays a little bit like Dennis Bergkamp and took his two opportunities very well."

Cole said....
"He has done brilliantly, trained really hard, changed his game a little to keep it down to one or two touches and today he scored two great goals."

For me, the only problem with V Persie was the fact he was too flashy and held onto the ball too long. It seems he may have fixed that side of his game.

In terms of his temprement, lets not be too harsh.
Vieira in his youth got sent off every other week.
Bergkamp has always had a bit of a nasty streak in him and that is still there to this day.

V Persie had a mean childhood, I can't remember the details but i do remember he was attacked by Feynoord fans once and grew up playing football in a ****ty area on the streets, "cage football" or something?? Thats why he is a little rash, but that will go with time. He is maturing.

I don't see how he can not start on wednesday.

Reyes on the other hand is another kettle of fish. Im really worried about him. He has no end product these days, none at all.

Bouchra

lee1001 said:
patrick42uk said:
sabret00the said:
also for those who have checked his gameage in the reserves you'll see that their should be no question over his individuality, he plays a very team orientated game, he just doesn't do it in the same way that either Dennis or Thierry does, he does it in hos own way and a way that's proved successful in the reserves.

V Persie had a mean childhood, I can't remember the details but i do remember he was attacked by Feynoord fans once and grew up playing football in a ****ty area on the streets, "cage football" or something?? Thats why he is a little rash, but that will go with time. He is maturing.

I don't see how he can not start on wednesday.

Reyes on the other hand is another kettle of fish. Im really worried about him. He has no end product these days, none at all.
He was attacked bij Ajax-fans...

A

Anonymous

vieria, pires were awusome today

reyes crap as usual.

Biggus

Established Member
Jens-Good.. no mistakes

Ralph-Good... worked hard

Ash-Good..some ok runs

Kolo-Very Good...when he left Neill on his arse I thought he'd blast it but he cut it back ...better decision with Friedals form

Senderos-Very Good...1 or 2 little lapses looking better every game

Paddy-Very Good....Stood up to mass mugging to run the midfield

Gilberto-Exellent...For our defensive midfielder he sure got up enough, provided a threat at set-pieces and but for Friedal would have had 2 goals! welcome back son

Freddy-Poor.... Was injured

RP-Very good....Especially in the 1st half faded somewhat

Bergy-Average...Quiet by his standards

Jose-Poor...I don't know why gooners were applauding him...can pack his sombrero for all I care

Cesc-V good...provided spark and on the right after freddie Arsène should keep him there, I love this kids attitude

Ali-Average...needs time to work himself back in

Robben Vans-Exellent....He was only on for 10 minutes and made this game memorable, great finishing, best natural finisher we've got

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Vieira was collossal today.

I also thought le Bob did well, Reyes looked good except for his shooting. And Ash was great. Van Persie? Different class.

Unfortunately, Dennis showed why he shouldn't be offered another contract.

leongsh

There's quite a good write-up of the match at the Daily Telegraph (link)

It's at least confirmed that Arsenal will be meeting United in the Final - question is which United, Manchester or Newcastle?

AdamT

what was wrong with what reyes did? i thought he did well,get off his back. bergkamp did bugger all, if it wasnt for friedal reyes could have scored 2 goals.on another day and another keeper be a different story.

for me i thought he did great, very nice touches, was teasing blackburn on a few occasions.but we needed a focal point today, reyes and bergkamp not a good mix. why wenger not bring RVP on earlier i do not know, what his problem?dont get it at all. bergkamp did nothing all game, it makes me sad to see him like this.

use him as the sub from now on dammit!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Biggus said:
Jens-Good.. no mistakes

Ash-Good..some ok runs

Kolo-Very Good...when he left Neill on his arse I thought he'd blast it but he cut it back ...better decision with Friedals form

Gilberto-Exellent...For our defensive midfielder he sure got up enough, provided a threat at set-pieces and but for Friedal would have had 2 goals! welcome back son

Jose-Poor...I don't know why gooners were applauding him...can pack his sombrero for all I care

Cesc-V good...provided spark and on the right after freddie Arsène should keep him there, I love this kids attitude

Robben Vans-Exellent....He was only on for 10 minutes and made this game memorable, great finishing, best natural finisher we've got

A bit harsh. Considering he was on for 3 minutes tops, and actually was involved with van Persie's second goal, I think he deserves a 'Decent' or 'OK'. Average makes it sound like he played a fair bit of the game and didnt do much.

sabret00the

Established Member
AdamT said:
what was wrong with what reyes did? i thought he did well,get off his back. bergkamp did bugger all, if it wasnt for friedal reyes could have scored 2 goals.on another day and another keeper be a different story.
they were both poor, they both played individual games and no one refused to step up to the mantle, reyes played a fast wide game more as a decoy than anything else and their was no one up with him or in the centre to help him so he should've used his brain to play more centrally and thus resulted in looking poor, though i'm pretty sure i'd be less harsh had he scored.

and Dennis well, i'm getting a bit ****ed off with him dragging more opposition players into an already packed midfield hoping that he's about to make an impact, saying that he ran well and singlehandetly mounted pressure on their defence at times trying to force an errer. they both had good points but both were ultimately poor.

as i said in the other thread, you can't combine two non-goal scorers and expect results.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
Biggus said:
Jens-Good.. no mistakes

Ash-Good..some ok runs

A bit harsh. Considering he was on for 3 minutes tops, and actually was involved with van Persie's second goal, I think he deserves a 'Decent' or 'OK'. Average makes it sound like he played a fair bit of the game and didnt do much.
given the length of time he was on i thought he looked very good.

kanuuu

Established Member

Because we could all see he's trying his best but nothing is coming good for him, he looked dissappointed when he came off, probably because he knew he hadn't played well, encouragement from the fans is what he needed.

cn174

Thought I'd just come back and give you my view on it (I haven't read through much of the thread, so I might go over old ground a bit).

Well after setting off at 4.15 I swapped between being wildly optimistic 'this time in 5 weeks this'll be the cup final bus' and the realisation that we was actually playing Arsenal! Arrived at about 11, but had a bit of a traumer as the lad who we was sitting with had broke down on the m4, but thanks to the RAC man we resolved that situation.

As for the game, well it wasn't much different to how I expected. We had the first couple of chances from free kicks mind. For the first 20 minutes or so it was pretty even I thought. But then we started to lose our discipline and you got on top. Friedel made an ace save from Reyes. But once again we give you a goal just before half time. Thommo (who was sh!t all game) gave away a free kick and following that you scored. I feel we could have defended a bit better then.

In the second half we come back out a bit more fired up. I thought we did quite well in containing you for much of the half, Friedel made another great save. THen there was that rather embarrasing part when you did about 70 passes in a row and after that Savage came on. Then if we were to get anything we had to push forward (with our excellent attacking force). When we went 3-4-3 thats when you got in behind us twice and got the 2 goals.

I think had it stayed 2-0 that would be a better reflection on the game, 3-0 just seems a bit harsh.

We played against you the only way we could imo. Maybe we was over physical - yes, the Flitcroft and the Savage challenges were terrible (not sure how Savage wasn't booked) - but I dont think we deserved a lot of the crap we've got in the papers today :x But also you aren't shy of putting in strong challenges, you cant have it both ways. And I know I'm biased but I dont think that Todd's collision was on purpose.

What else do I have to say before I shut up? Erm, our fans. There might have been big gaps, but the 17,000 or so of us all made the most of it and did us proud. And I got to sit in a £55 seat even though I paid £45.

So all in all it was a good day. The top and bottom of the matter was that we played ok, but you were just better. For me, its only been ruined by all the crap thats been spouted in the press today (but they didn't like us in the first place so balls to em!)

I was just proud to see us in a semi final, hopefully we can go all the way someday.

Oh yea I hope you batter the **** in the final :D

fredthered

Went to the game on saturday - great day!

Got to Cardiff at about 10.15 and spent most of the morning in Hard Rock cafe having a full on steak, burger salad the lot. Left to a table of gooners pointing at me singing Fabregas ohohohoh he's only 17 etc...reckoned i looked like the Spaniard!

Match was a nail biter until the last ten minutes when we could relax and am glad that todays papers concentrated on criticising Blackburns kick-anything-that-moves tactics which spoiled a proffessional footballing display by our guys. Anyway the cheering on those 45 passes was woth the train/match ticket combined!

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom