• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Porto vs Arsenal | 31/07/05

burnsjed

Established Member
Regarding your third paragraph, let's say that you're saying that the midfield should be picking up the other 7 players which is impossible then it falls down to the defence, as not even the midfield can do it all on their own.

If their whole team is attacking, then our whole team has to defend.
I would like to think that if they had 11 players attacking our box, Henry wouldn't be standing on the half way line picking his nose!

But lets just put an end to it, and argue over another thread, any suggestions!! :D

asajoseph

Established Member
This is the most convoluted attempt at blaming Cygan I've yet seen. But it's still absolute twaddle.

But, as far as I'm concerned, it's not worth arguing about.

Gurgen

Established Member
Sabre, the rules of defending state that the defender can never let the attacker cut in front of him when there's a cross coming in. Never ever ever. The goal was Senderos' fault. The end.

IBL

Established Member
Can't believe what I'm reading. I'm no Cygan fan but you have to give credit where credit is due. Whenever Cygan is wearing an Arsenal shirt I'll always back him as long as he gives his best.

He was by far our best defender against Porto. Made some vital tackles and interceptions. The goal scored by Porto was was definitely Phil's fault. The ball was crossed in first time from the wing with pace, Senderos was ball-watching and the Porto player Lisandro came round behind Senderos and passed the ball into the net. Senderos hesitated and that was costly.

Also gotta say Hleb was class :)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
asajoseph said:
Actually, I thought Lauren was our best defender against Porto. But Cygan had a good game too :D

I agree I was plesantly supprised by Cygans game :)

IBL

Established Member
Agreed that Lauren also had a solid game, but when Cygan has a good game its bound to stick out :wink:

kissmyface

ok - i thnk cygan had the best game of all defenders. senderos was part to blame for the goal, but if you look, he also received no call from lauren, who also should have been covering behind senderos and tracking the scorer who wander freely into the box. so it was laurens and senderos' fault.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom