• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Laugh at what?

Even other club's PL coaching staff have identified him as the weak/limited one in our attack. I'm not sure how much of this is stalling and how much of it are his limitations being exposed. We need to start playing him as a WF asap, the winger stuff isn't it.
Source?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is not to say Martinelli can't be improved upon, but what are we doing here? Martinelli is a great contributor but he's a forward first and foremost, moreso than a traditional winger even, you should want him conserving energy for the attacking phases

Back chat and scoring goals. No surprise his been consigned to hugging the touchline.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Having a go at an attacking player for scoring, rather than potentially defending a counter... insane and why I kinda dislike football generally right now.

That screams of coaches just wanting to be a bit too clever on purpose, the game should always be about the players first.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not the best form, but like many in the team currently (and before him), he's not being given the best platform for success.

Left 8 is non existent, the LB situation is poor and Kai doesn't offer what Jesus did when he was in red hot form for us.

Xhaka/Jesus managed to carve so much space for him and that's gone.
I was gonna come in here and say this, our left side has 0 creativity. One side plays with Ben White and Ødegaard behind them the other has had Kiwior, Havertz and Rice. Only creative player on the left side is Zinchenko and everyone hates him.

CannonBals

Most wont agree but all out attacking midfield problem stems from Rice.

He is great a what he does but not great at how the team used to play.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I was gonna come in here and say this, our left side has 0 creativity. One side plays with Ben White and Ødegaard behind them the other has had Kiwior, Havertz and Rice. Only creative player on the left side is Zinchenko and everyone hates him.

Even with Zinchenko, Martinelli is still left stranding. When Zinchenko inverts he goes all the way next to Ødegaard.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It’s kinda stupid how we are unable to switch it up. How can a manager create a system where only one side of the team can properly attack? And even if that’s the default approach there should a plan B to change that and keep the opponent guessing.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Just imagine Martinelli would get 10% of the ball throughs from Ødegaard like White and Saka are getting. He really needs a creative 8 next to him.

Not a surprise he worked much better there last season with Xhaka on his side.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Had a 1v1 chance at the end of the game in which he did very poorly, quite surprised with that.

Likewise when he had a chance to square the ball to Saka for a tap in but instead went for a tame shot.

He was fresh of the bench too.

He's searching for a goal. Once he gets one, he'll start playing with more confidence and better decision making in the box. Not too worried about him. Hopefully we sign a LCM who can help or Fabio Viera/ESR kicks it up a notch.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If this guy could give us anything at all I feel we would win the next 5 and give ourselves a chance. He's played far less football than most of his teammates and should be the one stepping up with the freshest legs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really want he fix that finishing touch last season he was putting them away from the keeper this season he nowhere close.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just saw his decision to go for goal with Saka waiting for a tap in.

1-0 in a nervy game and he does that instead of a simple left foot firm pass to Saka for a guaranteed win. It’s okay because we won but that is horrendous decision making.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Athletic article on what it’s like playing against Arsenal this quote is from an analyst of a rival PL club

“Last season, you could press onto the back two and (Thomas) Partey believing you could get a turnover out of them,” he says. “Their ball retention now is ridiculous but, in saying that, we still tried to funnel their play down the left as Gabriel is less likely to see the situation as quickly. That was also because, while Martinelli is a great player, he doesn’t quite have as much to his game as Saka and is a bit more one dimensional, so it felt easier to control.
Read between the lines of that quote and it’s pretty clear what he’s saying there. It’s what I’ve been saying for months on here and getting slammed for but hey ho

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom