• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,776
  • Views 1,162,727

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Haven't heard much about him recently, think he might be injured. Looks like the next big prospect with his balance, agility, touch, decision making and composure.
Should probably be in the U23 team already, although I think Ideho and Butler-Oyedeji have played their way into some decent form of late. There's a lot you can do with a guy like Cozier-Duberry - height aside, doesn't seem to have weaknesses and seems to have a great deal of versatility in the roles he can play. I could see them even trying to make him a left back (although with Lino Sousa now in the picture, seems unlikely). Big fan of this kid, hugely talented and very under the radar.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Been forgotten about but Taylor-Hart is still one of my favorite talents in the U23/U18 set-up. He doesn't always sustain dominance in a match but he's always capable of laying on a final pass or shot and has the dribbling and technical ability to be a problem to anybody he faces. Seems Arteta has a keen interest in him aswell, probably owing to his physique as well as his ability.

Glad to see that he's back from injury.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Patino is possibly injured.
Had a lot of fitness issues this season. Same with Olayinka, who looks to have gotten injured again.

1-1 draw with United tonight. End to end game with United edging us out in terms of quality I feel. They've got some really talented young players now like Shoretire, Hannibal and Demeral. Charlie Savage (Robbie's son) looked quite good aswell, hit some really sweet passes.

We looked dangerous when Taylor-Hart (return from injury) and Flores (to a lesser extent) got on the ball, and Biereth also did a lot of good work. Felt the rest of the team toiled a bit, especially the defenders. Taylor-Hart hasn't missed a beat, I thought he was our best and most dangerous player on the night.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mentioned him earlier today and it reminded me of him. Think he's the best goalie in the academy currently. Check out some of the passes in this comp!

He was impressive for the u18s in the cup run last season, haven’t seen much youth football this season to judge these lads though.

Still, from what I’ve seen I’d say the plan should be:

Ejeheri - third choice GK
Norton-Cuffy - promoted to first team
Patino - promoted to first team
Biereth - promoted to first team

I don’t think any of the others are ready yet, Hutchinson will leave I think.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was impressive for the u18s in the cup run last season, haven’t seen much youth football this season to judge these lads though.

Why do you think Hutchinson will leave? The Kia connection? Think his pathway will be blocked by Saka?

I think he might fancy himself tbh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why do you think Hutchinson will leave? The Kia connection? Think his pathway will be blocked by Saka?

I think he might fancy himself tbh.
Don’t see a pathway for him honestly. Saka has that RW locked down. Somebody like Patino is a project who’ll be dipped in and out until he’s physically ready, I don’t see Hutchinson getting the same treatment - just a gut feeling.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don’t see a pathway for him honestly. Saka has that RW locked down. Somebody like Patino is a project who’ll be dipped in and out until he’s physically ready, I don’t see Hutchinson getting the same treatment - just a gut feeling.
Interesting. I think he's a malleable enough talent that we'll find a spot for him. Another one I'd be extremely disappointed to lose (I want my Nelson profile damnit), but with Saka still very much firmly in the picture in the long term, it's not the worst thing in the world.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Khayon Edwards signing a deal for us is an interesting and pleasant surprise. Looks like he'll be the main PL2 #9 next season. I've been impressed by how well-rounded his game has become, dropping into midfield at points this season and looking extremely comfortable; playing some excellent passes in that time too.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Khayon Edwards signing a deal for us is an interesting and pleasant surprise. Looks like he'll be the main PL2 #9 next season. I've been impressed by how well-rounded his game has become, dropping into midfield at points this season and looking extremely comfortable; playing some excellent passes in that time too.
Def more talented than Nketiah and Balogun. He has a bit of TJJ in him with better finishing. And he also doesn't rely on explosive athleticism to dominate. Hopefully Sagoe gets opportunities with the U23 next season too. He has been great for U18 throughout the season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Def more talented than Nketiah and Balogun. He has a bit of TJJ in him with better finishing. And he also doesn't rely on explosive athleticism to dominate. Hopefully Sagoe gets opportunities with the U23 next season too. He has been great for U18 throughout the season.
Balogun's suffering from spending too long in the PL2 IMO. If he went on loan earlier he'd be doing much better now. Doesn't help that he played in some of our more underperforming XIs this season - so I'd be hesitant to already label Edwards as being more talented.

That said, I definitely think Edwards is much closer to the TJJ/Biereth mold of being all-round guys who carry a threat while also making others more threatening. A very valuable trait for a modern #9 IMO and could/should serve him well depending on what happens ahead of him. I think depending on how he progresses next season, I'd seriously consider a mid-season loan. Last thing we want is for him to still be playing PL2 at 20 like Balogun.

Entirely agree on Sagoe Jr. We need to make space for some of these guys however. Guys like Lewis, Ideho and Butler-Oyedeji (although I quite like him) are in need of loans immediately so that the likes of Cozier-Duberry and Sagoe Jr can get more minutes in the PL2. I think they'll be very effective players at this level - maybe not quite as explosive as Hutchinson, but Sagoe Jr in particular has become a really clutch player in his own right. I also think the PL2 team could do with Ibrahim as the 6.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

Patino can't hack it physically yet. He's still got the physique of a little boy. He needs to bulk up first. He's not even making the first team matchday squads on the bench. IMO Salah-eddine is ahead of him and is technically better. Norton Cuffy is ready physically and proved he can hack it in L1. If he impresses in pre-season and his attitude is right there's a high chance he can make the firstteam squad as a long term replacement for Cedric. Biereth needs a loan IMO. He's been good at U23 level but how is he in a competitive physical league out of his comfort zone in the EFL L1 or L2 competing against men? Ejeheri is the best ball playing keeper in the youth U23's IMO. If he continues to impress and develop he'ss defniitely have a chance as this is the next generation of goalkeeper. Over time we will see many teams using a goalkeeper who can play as an auxiliary CB in the defenve line.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Patino can't hack it physically yet. He's still got the physique of a little boy. He needs to bulk up first. He's not even making the first team matchday squads on the bench. IMO Salah-eddine is ahead of him and is technically better. Norton Cuffy is ready physically and proved he can hack it in L1. If he impresses in pre-season and his attitude is right there's a high chance he can make the firstteam squad as a long term replacement for Cedric. Biereth needs a loan IMO. He's been good at U23 level but how is he in a competitive physical league out of his comfort zone in the EFL L1 or L2 competing against men? Ejeheri is the best ball playing keeper in the youth U23's IMO. If he continues to impress and develop he'ss defniitely have a chance as this is the next generation of goalkeeper. Over time we will see many teams using a goalkeeper who can play as an auxiliary CB in the defenve line.
Patino isn’t going on loan, he’ll be slowly eased into the first team here. I’ve always said he’ll only be ready for the PL at 20/21 when he’s physically ready. The good thing is he isn’t small, he’s just a 6ft twig.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
But Patino isn't even making the first team squads at the moment and Hutchinson is.... When we play European football next season, Saka cannot be playing over 60 games or we'll burn him out. Hutchinson, if ready, has the opportunity to rotate with Saka. If he has a sudden growth spurt over the summer like he did last year, stays fit and impresses in pre-season, he could be very effective. We also have Reiss Nelson potentially retrurning and he's having a very good second half of the season at Feyenoord and is playing both european and domestic first team football.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But Patino isn't even making the first team squads at the moment and Hutchinson is.... When we play European football next season, Saka cannot be playing over 60 games or we'll burn him out. Hutchinson, if ready, has the opportunity to rotate with Saka. If he has a sudden growth spurt over the summer like he did last year, stays fit and impresses in pre-season, he could be very effective. We also have Reiss Nelson potentially retrurning and he's having a very good second half of the season at Feyenoord and is playing both european and domestic first team football.
Patino has been injured for weeks, he’s been back about 2 weeks….

Geofranco

Balogun's suffering from spending too long in the PL2 IMO. If he went on loan earlier he'd be doing much better now. Doesn't help that he played in some of our more underperforming XIs this season - so I'd be hesitant to already label Edwards as being more talented.

That said, I definitely think Edwards is much closer to the TJJ/Biereth mold of being all-round guys who carry a threat while also making others more threatening. A very valuable trait for a modern #9 IMO and could/should serve him well depending on what happens ahead of him. I think depending on how he progresses next season, I'd seriously consider a mid-season loan. Last thing we want is for him to still be playing PL2 at 20 like Balogun.

Entirely agree on Sagoe Jr. We need to make space for some of these guys however. Guys like Lewis, Ideho and Butler-Oyedeji (although I quite like him) are in need of loans immediately so that the likes of Cozier-Duberry and Sagoe Jr can get more minutes in the PL2. I think they'll be very effective players at this level - maybe not quite as explosive as Hutchinson, but Sagoe Jr in particular has become a really clutch player in his own right. I also think the PL2 team could do with Ibrahim as the 6.
There is just something about Edwards gait that I always liked.

He looks very fluid. Plus his link up play and passing is already much better than anything I ever saw from Balogun.

TJJ was one of my favs, but just injury prone and not clinical. Edwards seems to have the best of both worlds.

Only thing he lacks is explosive athleticism, but he is still a good enough athlete to make it in the EPL imo.

Lewis is a bum, Ideho is decent, but clearly not going to make it here and Oyedeji is a badass, but not dynamic enough.

Sagoe really moves so smooth out there, prob the best pure dribbler I have seen come through since Chris Willock, maybe Lewis Skelly will even top him.

Geofranco

Patino's biomechanics are just weird. He still has the body of a 13 year old boy. Maybe he is one of those teenagers still going through late puberty.

It's like he'll need two years of strength and conditioning, squats, weighted pull-ups, dips, bench press and a specific diet to build muscle on that frame. I don't think he gains anything from playing more U23 football or even championship level.

He has a genius level football brain and very elegant technique, but still a bit immature mentally. He can get rattled when things don't go his way even at U23 level.

Eddine is more physically developed and athletic, but I don't believe he is technically better. I think Eddine and Flores are the most overrated current prospects in the academy.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's fair to note that Patino has been injured at various points in the 2nd half of the season which is why he wasn't making 1st team squads post-Forest.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom