• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How loyal are you when it comes to sponsors?

Olofski

Hi,

Maybe this question has been brought up before but I´m just curious about how loyal some fans are when it comes to sponsors. Is there anyone here who left Vodafone when they became Uniteds sponsor or joined O2 when they became Gunners new "logo"? Or stopped going on holiday with Sp**s sponsor Thompson? (They are a travel company right?)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
not loyal at all... then again, none of the sposors in the EPL are available in the US anyway... even if they were, it wouldnt matter who they sponsored.. it matters about price and service and quality of product, not which team the sponsor....

edit - MOST of the sponsors in the UK arent available here.. some are....

EJub

It works in reverse for me at times.

I wouldn't buy things made by Sharp a few years ago.

I suppose that thinking could sink the idea of having
the Canon camera and electronics company buy
the rights to the new stadium.

Jinn

Established Member
Yeah. The advertising worked in reverse.

Everytime I saw a Sharp product I thought of Man Utd.

And when I saw a JVC product, I thought of Arsenal.

I never have and never will drink a drop of Holsten, but that's quite easy to do as there are plenty of other fine lagers out there :p

As for things where there's less choice, i would do. For example, i wouldn't not go on holiday just because it is with Thompson, tho if it was the same holiday offered by another company i would most definitely choose the other company

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No it doesn't matter to me. I don't really care. But that's just me, other eople have their own views on this.

Aussie

Established Member
Same thing for example a phone. They both do exactly the same thing and cost the same i would go for the one that sponsers Arsenal.

Andrew

It depends what sponsor and what they have done. I was a fanatic and very loyal supporter of an AFL club down here. But then one year they decided to ditch their sponsor who had helped them survive and then changed to Vodafone. As a protest I didn't buy a new membership and in the end it seemed the move back-fired on them because they didn't sell as many memberships and ever since have really been struggling to find sponsors. If they stayed loyal they probably wouldn't have these problems.

Aussie

Established Member
Andrew said:
It depends what sponsor and what they have done. I was a fanatic and very loyal supporter of an AFL club down here. But then one year they decided to ditch their sponsor who had helped them survive and then changed to Vodafone. As a protest I didn't buy a new membership and in the end it seemed the move back-fired on them because they didn't sell as many memberships and ever since have really been struggling to find sponsors. If they stayed loyal they probably wouldn't have these problems.

Which club was that :?:

Soler

Established Member
I didn't buy a Dreamcast real cheap because of Arsenal. I thought it would jinx them that if I owned a Dreamcast, they'd stuff up big time in 01/02. So I bought a PS2 instead! :D

Andrew

Aussie said:
Andrew said:

Footscray.

Aussie

Established Member
Andrew said:
Aussie said:
Andrew said:

Footscray.

They are struggling to find any sponsers at all these days.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom