• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

@A_G what’s with the laughing emoji? You would rather have Van Dijk over Rio?

I wouldn't.

Carra is correct though, it is harder than ever to be a CB now as they are ridiculously restricted.

All this makes this easier for attackers though, imagine peak Henry against the defenders of today he'd rip the league to shreds. The league is not harder, it's not easier, it's just different.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I’m not i rate him, but he’s a Liverpool man and he’s had beef with Rio.

Anyway, who’s better for you?
I’ll take Rio right now, but VVD is still writing his story. He could have a different legacy when his career is up.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Honestly, this is a subjective debate as no one has a Time Machine. But from my superficial perspective as a fan i could care less if the players are physically superior but completely lack flair, creativity, and technical ability. If the players eat better and can run a little faster for longer it doesn’t make my D.ck bigger or something. What i am saying is better athletes lacking technique does nothing to enhance my experience. There are literally no technical players and showmen. There is no player in attack where i say “cr.p Henry is playing or Cantona is playing or Bergkamp is playing “ i got to watch to see that moment of genius. Watching lung merchants run extra hard in sports bras while they have all but done away with both hard tackles and technical players is an inferior league. Regardless of what happens in a mythical Time Machine match

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The so called greatest defender of this generation got rinsed by a nobody.

vvd-break-dancing.gif

Does make you wonder what the elite CF’s back in the good ol’ days would have done to Virgil.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't.

Carra is correct though, it is harder than ever to be a CB now as they are ridiculously restricted.

All this makes this easier for attackers though, imagine peak Henry against the defenders of today he'd rip the league to shreds. The league is not harder, it's not easier, it's just different.

Not the Andre 3000 profile pic now as well :lol:

smashed

Guarantee City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United have no fear of not getting Top Four...they view the rest of the league, how we used to view it back then.

They will look at current Arsenal/Sp**s/Leicester and go..."Yeah, they are no threat to us, even after a few defeats"
Only read the first page.. But this didn't age well :)

Football moves quicker than we think..

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Your knowledge of strange insults is commendable, sir 🫡

Heard it early in the year when Sean Connery used it against Alex Trebek in SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy & decided to add it to my usual repertoire.

Certainly paid off this time :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Newcastle finishing below the worst Milan side in memory, the cvcks of Bundesliga and the worst PSG side in a decade, while United finishing below Copenhagen and Galatasaray, really showing the Premier League is at its best.

My memory must be gone because I stupidly remember there used to be 3 English sides in the semi-finals a few times, obviously that never happened.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Newcastle finishing below the worst Milan side in memory, the cvcks of Bundesliga and the worst PSG side in a decade, while United finishing below Copenhagen and Galatasaray, really showing the Premier League is at its best.

All the teams from the La Liga (Real, Barca, Atleti and Sociedad) finishing as group winners in the CL yet the PL viewers think it’s a nothing league.

Hmmmm…

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

My memory must be gone because I stupidly remember there used to be 3 English sides in the semi-finals a few times, obviously that never happened.

Even the general level of the group stages looks way off what it was when I first started watching football in the early 00s, still fun but the quality is quite lacking.

Such a weird time for football really.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All the teams from the La Liga (Real, Barca, Atleti and Sociedad) finishing as group winners in the CL yet the PL viewers think it’s a nothing league.

Hmmmm…

Serie A has 3 sides in the next round ffs, the league that's been viewed a joke for years. Let's not forget how they all faired last year too. There's some serious conversations that need to be had.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Serie A has 3 sides in the next round ffs, the league that's been viewed a joke for years. Let's not forget how they all faired last year too. There's some serious conversations that need to be had.
Serie A isn't a joke for 2 or 3 years already. They had their dark period with Rubentus ruling it but now they're perfectly up there at the top.

And also this PL being a joke stuff has to stop, Newcastle could have won today and ???United???? is supposed to represent the prem while they are a joke in the prem itself? That isn't fair is it :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom