• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes. A lot tougher as mid to bottom teams have more money and resources. Access to scouting of better, stronger and fitter players. Access to a lot of data.

Players are also better than yesterday players also. We are producing talents that would easily stand out in the old game. The game has shifted and what was demanded of top players in their position is maybe not the same as today but players today are easily at higher level than ever before. Almost in all attributes.
Put the pipe away.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The most distance covered this year so far was 13.2 km by Doucoure. Rice is the highest for Arsenal at 12.29 km.

We obviously don't know the stats for the early years of the prem, but I remember Aaron Ramsey was frequently clocked at 12km+ over 10 years ago. In the 2017 cup final he covered a record breaking 14.4km.

It's a myth that people are much better athletes today than they used to be because of nutrition and training. The difference is quite small. Times in athletics are very similar today to the 1980s unless a freak comes along like Usain Bolt. In the 800 metres Sebastian Coe ran 1m41s in 1981. The fastest 800m time in 2023 was 1m 42s despite all the new training methods and nutrition.
Perfect. Wish I’d said that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City also won the league by 20 points in 2018.

Chelsea before that lost 5 and still won the league by 8 points.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You know just a few season ago Liverpool won the league by 20 points?
They still would've won with 7 losses to City's 9. Once we hit 4 losses around December for this season, that's where I started thinking we wouldn't win the league. We still have a chance but our chances are significantly lower so I'm not completely dismissing your comment of winners averaging 3-4 losses lately.

outlawz

It’s a good job we won that penalty shoot out against Porto otherwise you guys laughing at our European pedigree would have had sleepless nights after spending €850m in the last 5 years. I felt for you bro.
Which makes us the third highest net spenders in the league behind Chelsea and Man Utd, yet we're on course to finish second or better two seasons in a row, meaning we have overperformed our net spend. So have some integrity and atleast be consistent. Shameless behaviour.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That was covid season. Everyone was suffering except them
Liverpool were miles ahead by 13th March when the league was suspended. City caught them up a bit after the restart.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Which makes us the third highest net spenders in the league behind Chelsea and Man Utd, yet we're on course to finish second or better two seasons in a row, meaning we have overperformed our net spend. So have some integrity and be consistent. Shameless behaviour.
Multiple seasons in a row where we're over achieving with Arteta and he's still trying to deflect. He moves funny.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Which makes us the third highest net spenders in the league behind Chelsea and Man Utd, yet we're on course to finish second or better two seasons in a row, meaning we have overperformed our net spend. So have some integrity and be consistent. Shameless behaviour.
Stop making stuff up to criticise other posters. That’s what’s shameless. Of course we’ve out performed our squad cost position in the league. I keep repeating it too, but some people only read what they want to see.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Just interested to find out. To all those who think the PL is tougher in 2024 or the quality of football is generally better, I’m intrigued to know when you started watching it?

As that could explain a lot.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Multiple seasons in a row where we're over achieving with Arteta and he's still trying to deflect. He moves funny.
Oh dear! You’re making stuff now too. We’ve over acheived 2 seasons in the league after underachieving for 2. Stick to the truth man.

outlawz

Stop making stuff up to criticise other posters. That’s what’s shameless. Of course we’ve out performed our squad cost position in the league. I keep repeating it too, but some people only read what they want to see.
It's not the first time you've drawn light to Arteta's spend to make it appear negatively excessive.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Oh dear! You’re making stuff now too. We’ve over acheived 2 seasons in the league after underachieving for 2. Stick to the truth man.
Let me help you here.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's not the first time you've drawn light to Arteta's spend to make it appear negatively excessive.
No spending in football can be negatively excessive. It’s an impossibility. Give over. Arteta’s done very well for two years running.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Which makes us the third highest net spenders in the league behind Chelsea and Man Utd, yet we're on course to finish second or better two seasons in a row, meaning we have overperformed our net spend. So have some integrity and atleast be consistent. Shameless behaviour.
We're supposed to applaud the Arsenal manager for outperforming Fat Todd now?

Put your 2024 🐐 on the table and I’ll put my dusted 2000 player on there.

Machine for machine.

Im just telling what I believe. I think this hold true in many other sports and aspects of life. Like science. Like for example scientist today build on Einstein legacy. They have superior knowledge than he had. I think its advantage.

And then we can always wonder how heros of the past would do if they had advantages of today knowledge

Lebron vs Jordan. Carlsen vs Capablanca. This cant be tested. I just say in good faith what I believe and that is those with modern knowledge of training and the game edge it!

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

• A_G
Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom