• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

it that good English football reduced foreign players?

Balquia

namliam said:
the only non EU players would be kolo edu and gilberto..which would be fine from an Arsenal point of view. ..

Edu doesn't get counted because of his Portuguese passport

It benefits no one limiting the number of foreigners in a team. The big clubs can't have the classier players and the little clubs can't get hold of all the English players that can't break into the big teams squads. Better foreigners wouldn't want to come over here anymore anyway because the football would be crappy in comparison to what we have over here now.

England are producing better young talent this way because only the really good youngsters are able to fight their way through so it benefits our game because they can learn a hell of a lot from the foreigners. Bentley would be crap if there was no Bergkamp for example.

Sammer

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Vieira is Senegalese as well.

I hate it when people say this. They're just being typical, xenophobic Englishman.

Spot on, MadJens.

People that ask for a reduction of foreign players basically ask for a less attractive EPL.
Think about all the great players in the EPL - how many of them are actually english national team players?

It´s utterly stupid to argue like that. By the way, it´s not like coaches do not want english players in their team. Think about all the effort you have to put into foreign players, like Reyes (language, cultural adaptation etc.).

There is just a shortage of top-class english players. Full stop.

Adam

Established Member
In England - they teach you the physical challenge over the development of technique. Fitness and the other physicalites dominate.

I would of loved to have been brought up in the Brazilian samba. Bare feet, small ball, on the beach - fantastic.

Instead i got - muddy pitch, bad tackles, and repetitive shouting. I thrive on it, but i would of preferred to have brewed in a more technical environment.

Foreign players are the saviour of English football, and if that variety is removed - we will lose a part of the game.

Iron Monkey

Sammer said:
Think about all the great players in the EPL - how many of them are actually english national team players?

i know have a lot but top club like arsenal and manyooo will not take gamble to try it..

Sammer

Established Member
Adam said:
In England - they teach you the physical challenge over the development of technique. Fitness and the other physicalites dominate.

And I guess, that´s what the football nations England and Germany have in common.... :wink:

But our focus on the physical aspect of the game won´t win us any titles in the next years, since other nations have it both: physical strenght and technical brilliance.

France is the perfect example.

Adam

Established Member
They are better athletes too.

Out run, out strength, and beat you with their superior technique and passing.

England are goind down a slippery path....

Arjan

If this happened in Belgium, you'd lose the complete league.

I thought that in Belgium played the most non-native players.

Beveren have a 20 man sqaud, 19 ivorians and our latvian Igors stepanovs :eek:ops:

Iron Monkey

reduced foreign players is not suit for England football but can used in other country like scotland.

u can see club like Celtic and Rangers, every times only both club challenge each other and 3rd placed are far behind from them because lack of quality players and only start local players.

Iron Monkey

Jasper said:
watched the same show "football focus!"

Actually it was;

Lehmann

Lauren
Campbell
Toure
Cole

Pennant
Vieira
Parlour
Pires

Henry
Bentley

i know...... my line-up is my personal view

A

Anonymous

just thought about the premiership without non-english..would be sad..

Howard
Gary Nev Rio Wes Phil

Ronaldo Butt Scholes Giggs

Ruud Saha

Soler

Established Member
Adam said:
Instead i got - muddy pitch, bad tackles, and repetitive shouting. I thrive on it, but i would of preferred to have brewed in a more technical environment.

I was constantly called "idiot" by my coach. Bloody Serbian ******, loved it the day when I just volleyed the ball onto his car.

Down here it varies from club to club. Example is my two mates. One plays for Enfield City (no ethnic ties) but all they do is running and little ball skills, they're also crap. The other plays for Croydon, also known as Polonia, a Polish club (he's Polish as well) who thrives on fluent passing and strong tackling - very succesfull and usually in the top four of every age group.

I'm sure if you went to say, Plymouth (here, it's a suburb) it'd be the same as Enfield since it is generally ran by Englishmen.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom