• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Hobbs

A

Anonymous

Well... apparently he hasn't signed, neither have we appoached Lincoln concerning him.
Link - Arsenal teletext.

It's amazing how * journalists are these days.

Dr. Alban

Johan Djouorou is listed as a midfielder on FIFA's FWYC pages - he's also Switzerland's "star player" in their team profile presentation.

Link.

But perhaps the cream of the crop is a 1.90 metre tall 17 year-old, Johan Djourou of Arsenal, already an accomplished player even at his tender age. He plays for the London giants' youth section in an environment tailored for success, where his ambition, desire and confidence stand him in good stead. He has been favourably compared with Patrick Vieira and is expected to occupy a regular berth in the Arsenal reserves next term. His personal goal is a role at the 2008 European Championship in Switzerland and Austria.

dazza31

hobbs

i have a freind who plays for lincoln and confirms contract talks are in process and he has been approched by buy us

contact name is richard butcher
lincoln midfeilder

so i think clubs are trying to keep it quiete but he has amzimg talent for so young

asajoseph

Established Member
dazza, just for the sake of clarity, do you mean Hobbs has been approached by us, or Richard Butler?

Seed

Canuck said:
I was under the impression that Hobbs had been doing very well at Lincoln, though someone brought it to my attention that he hadn't actually broken into the 1st team there.

cough.. ME... cough :D

(i'm bored)

Jeppe

BBC:
Arsenal sign Imps starlet Hobbs

Arsenal have signed teenager Jack Hobbs from League Two side Lincoln City, according to reports.

The Gunners have beaten Manchester United in the race to land the 16-year-old central defender.

Highbury chief executive David Dein is set to authorise a six-figure payment for the Imps star.

Hobbs joined Lincoln in 1997 as a nine-year-old in their academy and has progressed through the youth ranks to earn a first team squad spot this year.

air

Jack Hobbs... sounds like "a 1930's left-half who made 278 appearances for Arsenal"... or something.

A

Anonymous

Erh Is He Confirmed our 1st new signing or the Deal Haven't close ? Anyone ?

dazza31

hobbs

hobbs has been in london this week thats all i know at the time

ritchard butcher is still a lincoln player as hes been in training this week and i went and watched

mr hobbs is a arsenal u21 player by what im hearing from lincoln palyers and from the club

so i would think he may get the odd game in some league cup games

luma

we did not steal cesc arsenal offered him a deal which was better than the one at barcelona and he accepted it if he was at barcelona i bet he would be playing in the reserves and would probably make his debut for barcelona when he is 20 - or 21

KingReyes

Established Member
Whats is this sell on fee that Lincoln want? It must be a ridiculous fee for Arsenal to have turned it down. Would have liked Arsenal to snap this player up, would have been nice to see a young English defender come through the ranks and make it at Arsenal. Of course I wished the same for Pennant and that didn't work out well.

asajoseph

Established Member
It's surely likely to be a percentage, as opposed to a set fee. And if that's the case, I think it's daft to lose out on Hobbs over this.

1 - He fails, and the fee will be so minimal that a percentage will make little difference to us.

2 - He succeeds, and we don't look to sell him anyway.

Alter Ego

If he was that influenctial Wenger would have snapped him up regardless of the stipulations.

Eitherway Im slightly dissapointed, but take confidence in the fact that if Lincoln City are being combed through by Arsenal, then we must have such a great transfer setup at the moment.

Feis-al

And with Statements such as "It's not like he has nother offers", I doubt we should get him and let alone the arrogant agent who may turn him into an Ashley Colesituation if he makes it in 4 years.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom