• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Went missing in our most important games.
And he has been one of the best midfielders in the world for two years counting, contributing in important games through the season.

As a football fan, you might know that not even every world class player can play 10/10 games every game. Especially ones like Ødegaard who run non-stop to help the team.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
And he has been one of the best midfielders in the world for two years counting, contributing in important games.

As a football fan, you might know that not even every world class player can play 10/10 games every game.

When 'world class' players don't turn up in the most important games, then there are not world class.

This metric 'world class' is overstated and overused.

Arsenal have 0 world class players. Saliba may be class in the Prem but has been poor in Europe.

Xoxo

60+5 million pounds, not 70 million. I would assume Arsenal fans know that.

He has contributed a lot in important moments like I showed.
Important moments? Where was havertz when the team needed him most against vila and bayern. No shot on target against bayern H & A, missed two sitters against vila when the score was nil nil

Xoxo

When 'world class' players don't turn up in the most important games, then there are not world class.

Arsenal have 0 world class players. Saliba may be class in the Prem but has been poor in Europe.
Saka is the only world class forward in arsenal, that why tuchel assigned three players to man mark him and left havertz free to roam like a headless chicken.

I will also add rice,partey and white as world class

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Important moments? Where was havertz when the team needed him most against vila and bayern. No shot on target against bayern H & A, missed two sitters against vila when the score was nil nil
who actually played good in those games?
Tell me.
Even Ode get praised it was mostly because of his hard work and pressing.

Seems like you have never played any football before.
The chances Kai missed, people can call them chances, but they were not sitters.
Also, give some prasie to Emi, even though we don't want to.
In fact, Emi made at least one good save (closed the angle down) and don't sound like Kai was missing sitters.
One on one does not mean sitter or an absolute goal scoring chance.

Xoxo

who actually played good in those games?
Tell me.
Even Ode get praised it was mostly because of his hard work and pressing.

Seems like you have never played any football before.
The chances Kai missed, people can call them chances, but they were not sitters.
Also, give some prasie to Emi, even though we don't want to.
In fact, Emi made at least one good save (closed the angle down) and don't sound like Kai was missing sitters.
One on one does not mean sitter or an absolute goal scoring chance.
We spent 70 million on havertz so we should expect him to bury those kind of chances. Watkins scored from a much harder chance.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I just think if we were offered a do over we don't spend 65 mil and 300k per week for what we got. Likewise if a team offered to give our money back this summer, this Haverts facade ends immediately and the truth will come out like Ramsdale.

Not sure I agree.🤔

Sure you can get more productive strikers that Havertz (though you may have to pay more than 65m)

I have no doubt far better LCMs are available for that money.

But let's be honest even with the benefit of Captain hindsight where do you spend ur 60- 65m instead last summer.

Tbh not sure we let him go if we get offered our money back in the summer.

Think more likely Eddie will be the 'striker' to leave.

As for the Ramsdale thing I don't think it was anything more than Raya was seen as calmer & a slight upgrade.
Fortunately we were able to negotiate a loan with option as otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

We had done all our summer money on Timber, Rice & Havertz.

Timber unfortunately injured all season but both Rice & Havertz have been key buys as two of our 'bigger' players if you go back 12 months in TP & GJ have largely due to injury set backs not really been able to perform this year.

HighburyHigh

Saka is the only world class forward in arsenal, that why tuchel assigned three players to man mark him and left havertz free to roam like a headless chicken.

I will also add rice,partey and white as world class
Hahaha leave it out

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sure you can get more productive strikers that Havertz (though you may have to pay more than 65m) I have no doubt far better LCMs.
Szoboszlai cost 60 million pounds (he had a release clause), has been worse than Havertz, and some Liverpool fans want him out already.

I wanted Havertz over Szoboszlai, the receipts are there.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You guys are doing that thing where you start calling players world class when they're not really world class.

Exceptional? Sure. World Class potential? Definitely. But we don't have any trully world class players.

At most, you should be adding the attribute. Rice is a world class ball winner, but is he a world class player?

Not really.

Dodero

Hopefully he will get better next season, some don't remember Ødegaard's first season, he was no where near his current level.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hopefully he will get better next season, some don't remember Ødegaard's first season, he was no where near his current level.

Ødegaard was transitioning, Havertz was bought from within the league.

I think we're seeing close to what Kai can deliver at the top end as a forward. Mind you, if he keeps this level it will be very good for us, but he's not the 25+ goals striker people are craving for.

I also don't think this team - in it's current version - can accommodate a player who is solely focused on scoring, which is why adding a winger and midfielder who can chip in with goals is so important in the summer.

Think Arteta very much rather have a lot of players scoring than just two or three.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

So must be agreed by all that Tets has done an absolutely amazing thing to challenge Man City for 2 seasons running without any WC players?🤔

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Some of our players have had some world class performances this season (Rice, Ode, Saliba come most to mind) but until it's consistent and in clutch matches then they are just outside that bracket.

Last edited:

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
We spent 70 million on havertz so we should expect him to bury those kind of chances. Watkins scored from a much harder chance.
Messi missed sitters.
Ronaldo missed sitters.
Mbappe missed sitters.
Haaland missed sitters.
Everyone missed sitters.

Players are human, not machine.
Has nothing to do how much we pay for a player.

HighburyHigh

I'm not knocking him but there is no way Saka is "world class". He is inconsistent and too predictable.

Recent world class players that come to mind like Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho who played great top level games every game near enough. Saka is nowhere near them in skill or consistency.

I trust Havertz in the team atm more than Saka or Martinelli.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom