• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leicester City: Another FFP Victim

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

These clubs had an international break to make decisions like this and then you have one game after the break and you instantly sack him.
I see some on FoxesTalk making this very argument, they could have used the international break to get this done. Then again, many on there have wanted him gone for months.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers will end up at Sp**s. Really thought he could have went over to Spain, that's the move he wanted.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sp**s have probably been in touch. So him and Leicester agreed to break up without compensation, maybe.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Brenton done, Left Celtic to achieve nothing.
7_Chelsea-v-Leicester-City-The-Emirates-FA-Cup-Final.jpg

775692032-438.jpg

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Things obviously went stale at Leicester but he had a good couple of years tbf & the owners have lost interest & aren't really investing anymore.

He is a decent manager tbh but comes across rather cringe at times & is probably a bit off top level.

Remember not long ago when some of the less balanced folk were totally losing their sh!t on here & wanted the likes of him, Conte or Potter to replace Maestro Mikel🤔🤣.

Not for me Jeff!

You know who you are😛.

Tets has now seen off 2 & the other has Chelsea in the bottom half with his replacement at Brighton out performing him comfortably😁.

Brendan would probably do ok at Sp**s & if he could win them a League cup would be a legend.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Wonder if he still thinks this

Lol I highly doubt it!!
Interestingly the listed squad value of Leicester was rated higher than Arsenal at the time.

As I always said Arteta inherited a sh!tstorm of a squad on the decline but people wouldn't listen.

Now the Arsenal squad is worth loads more & is ranked 14 places higher than Leicester.

Top work by EDU & Tets👍
Fair play to the board.

Outlier on the new list Chelski squad is valued at more than ours & they are bottom half.

Hjalmaar

I'm not saying he isn't a decent guy, but check out his living room

Apart from the fact he has print of himself in his ****ing livingroom, **** me that's poor. That's 24,90 canvas print from vista with the laziest PS filter to make it look like it's "painted". Probably edited it by him self too.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
These clubs had an international break to make decisions like this and then you have one game after the break and you instantly sack him.
Is it related to who else is available? - feels one sacking has initiated a series of sackings as these bigger clubs fighting relegation want to be confident of bringing in their desired option rather than a caretaker.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Things obviously went stale at Leicester but he had a good couple of years tbf & the owners have lost interest & aren't really investing anymore.

He is a decent manager tbh but comes across rather cringe at times & is probably a bit off top level.

Remember not long ago when some of the less balanced folk were totally losing their sh!t on here & wanted the likes of him, Conte or Potter to replace Maestro Mikel🤔🤣.

Not for me Jeff!

You know who you are😛.

Tets has now seen off 2 & the other has Chelsea in the bottom half with his replacement at Brighton out performing him comfortably😁.

Brendan would probably do ok at Sp**s & if he could win them a League cup would be a legend.
While on the surface that seems the case that is very unfair as they are probably the best owners a mid table club with aspirations could have. My friend is a Leicester fanatic and a season ticket holder and they have just spent over £100m on their new state of the art training ground. The reality is though for a club like Leicester is they probably can't afford all that development and £100m+ in the transfer window without loading the club with debt and they aren't prepared to do that.

Unfortunately they are damned if they do and damned if they don't as top players these days expect top class facilities. They took a small calculated gamble that they had a good enough squad (they do in my opinion) and manager to ride out a couple of years of little investment in the playing squad for the long term good of the club.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom