• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Nothing will happen though. Any punishment will be appealed to CAS and they'll buy them off.

I thought an appeal wasn't possible?

Still, the UAE have invested a lot in England's infrastructure. The PL aren't taking on a football club but an entire nation. Which could strain the relationship the UK has with it.

So it will be a small fine and City will promise to do better in the future and not pay managers via the Cayman Islands or fabricate sponsorship contracts.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@Batman

...Henry on the right wing, least we know now that he is as dumb as his haircut makes him look.
You don't even have to look at that. Look at who he put in goal.

Man knows nothing. :lol:

I'll start calling him Fo Snow.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I thought an appeal wasn't possible?

Still, the UAE have invested a lot in England's infrastructure. The PL aren't taking on a football club but an entire nation. Which could strain the relationship the UK has with it.

So it will be a small fine and City will promise to do better in the future and not pay managers via the Cayman Islands or fabricate sponsorship contracts.
And the Manchester mayor has vowed to help Man Cheaty however they can

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Considering we had big numbers before the money I think we will still have big numbers if we went down
Yup, such big numbers that your pathetic fanbase has to claim pictures of Coventry supporters to prove you have a fanbase. You don't have a recognizable club legend who can be traced back earlier than 2006. Shut up. :lol:
Stop It Black Woman GIF by Ennov-Action

Synical

Miss Superstitious

People swoon over the idea of City making history by winning 4 in a row. It's so boring having one team being able to dominate the league. One day soon, the PL is going to start losing money as there'll be no point in watching when you know the outcome like in F1.
Who's swooning? Most people I know don't care about City.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Nothing will happen though. Any punishment will be appealed to CAS and they'll buy them off.
They can’t appeal to CAS as that route isn’t built in to the PL arbitration rules as I understand it.

They would have to issue a high court claim in the UK which would be challenging for them. Arbitration panel challenges are notoriously difficult to appeal absent some kind of serious impropriety/failure to to follow rational process. But of course that cuts both ways.

It’s not really anything to do with the government which has no right (absent legislation as we saw with the Rawanda ****show) to intervene in the judicial arena.

Will still take forever to resolve though and 115 are bound to exhaust every option.

HattoriHanzo

Considering we had big numbers before the money I think we will still have big numbers if we went down
What big numbers?
You mean, number of sponsors (which is the reason why your abomination of a club is under investigation)?
I agree, you have big number of sponsors (according to reports of your club), bigger than number of your fans.

HattoriHanzo

It’s not really anything to do with the government which has no right (absent legislation as we saw with the Rawanda ****show) to intervene in the judicial arena.

Will still take forever to resolve though and 115 are bound to exhaust every option.
Are you sure?
You think that UK government will allow punishment of 115 FC, with risk to jeopardize relations with UAE?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Are you sure?
You think that UK government will allow punishment of 115 FC, with risk to jeopardize relations with UAE?
Unless you’re talking about some kind of corrupt political influence - or the passing of legislation literally designed to to sidestep the rule of law (which is what happed with Rwanda), no. Given the amount of political capital expended on Rwanda and the number of fans that hate 1115 (basically everyone save the “fans” of 115) this seems inherently unlikely. That isn’t to say 115 will lose on all points or that any punishment meted out by the PL won’t be challenged and reduced on appeal. But the idea that 115 walk away from this is inherently improbable.

HattoriHanzo

Unless you’re talking about some kind of corrupt political influence - or the passing of legislation literally designed to to sidestep the rule of law (which is what happed with Rwanda), no. Given the amount of political capital expended on Rwanda and the number of fans that hate 1115 (basically everyone save the “fans” of 115) this seems inherently unlikely. That isn’t to say 115 will lose on all points or that any punishment meted out by the PL won’t be challenged and reduced on appeal. But the idea that 115 walk away from this is inherently improbable.
I didn't expect that they will walk away free (if proven guilty). My fear is that they will not be punished adequately.
If proven guilty, they should be relegated and long transfer ban should be imposed on them.
Certain points deduction or financial fine wouldn't hurt them at all.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Are you sure?
Depends if the outcome is determined before or after the next election. Although with the Tories wanting a football Czar, they may be more reluctant to intervene in City's favour as it would undermine their whole policy on the issue.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Are you sure?

You guys realise that the Man City investment is basically insignificant in monetary terms for the UAE right? They have like 2 trillion dollars in sovereign wealth funds alone.

The question is backwards. The question is “do you think the UAE will risk jeapordizing relations with the UK over a small investment in a football club”?

City was never about money for them. It was about intangibles, and they have arguably already made back their investment on those terms. Abu Dhabi is firmly on the map. If anything they risk undoing some of this work if they persist with their tomfoolery.

Whether or not anyone that matters, either in the UK or the UAE realises any of this is of course a whole other matter entirely.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom