• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It will be embarrassing if our title challenge end against these losers. I rather see it end against Dycherton.

TriniGunner

They ALWAYS show up against us at Old Trafford, no matter how bad their current form is. I'm still pissed off that it's been over 10 years, and we haven't beaten them 8-2.

TriniGunner

I'm not too worried about OT factor, even last year there was elements of fortune but we were far too open at times which I think is what cost us with their transitional approach. We're a much different team since then. We went to Sp**s and won, we should've won at Anfield both this season and last. We went to Etihad and got a point. I honestly don't see OT against this United side when they've got **** all to play for, being any real factor in this.
We had Lonkonga at centre-midfield and Utd used that to their advantage.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They'll show up. It won't be as easy as one might think.
Yeah, they have an odd sense of rivalry.
Our neighbor would gladly lose 5-0 to City to stop us, while United would also gladly lose 5-0 to City to stop us/Liverpool.

What's our recent record in Old Trafford ?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The scousers should have won all the games against United this season. Kind of bizarre that they didnt. United didnt play well in any of those games.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we play a different game, like we did at Sp**s, I think we'll beat them.

They will definitely put everything into this game, as they cant be humiliated by us. So we need to use that desperation against them and take advantage.

This game is about points, and I know we'll respect them and their ability to attack quickly on the break. So we'll choose our moments to attack wisely.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I hope we focus less on Evans/Casemiro & more on Wan Bissaka.

He's got no positional awareness whatsoever & is a guaranteed pen if he makes a challenge in the box.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We should beat them. There is a huge gulf in quality between the two teams.

What I don't like is now everyone expects us to batter them. They have nothing to lose, all the pressure is on us. Plus we don't do well at Old Toilet anyway. Can you imagine dropping points to this shambles of a team? I can't even imagine how that would feel like. It might even ruin the whole season for me.

F*ck it. We will smash these.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

We have to be winning this, albeit they will clearly have some players back and look to put in a much better effort at OT after last nights humiliation. Ultimately they’re still crap though. Put another way, it’s no bigger an ask than City beating Sp**s. It’s just what you have to do to win a title.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We should’ve beaten them at OT in 18/19 but that bum Kolasinac decided to shepherd the ball back to Leno instead of clearing it here:
View attachment 24112
You know every time someone mentions Kolasanic or Torreira I have a mild panic that they're still on our books somehow. Even as I write this I'm not convinced they are not out on loan

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

The way both Sp**s and Utd have been getting relentlessly battered it's so obvious one of them is going to flip the script in the next match.

Hopefully it's the right one for us.

United have the players (when motivated) to score goals, if they can avoid shipping enough at the other end with their non existent defence - Sp**s are just pure chaos all round.

But yeah, there will be another twist, someone will drop points somewhere and I’ve been saying this for ages. Just can’t be us, of course…

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You know every time someone mentions Kolasanic or Torreira I have a mild panic that they're still on our books somehow. Even as I write this I'm not convinced they are not out on loan
Torreira was player of the season after his first two games for us.

After that....maybe not so much :lol:

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We're a very different team to the one that went to OT last season. It's time to finally humiliate them, just like Liverpool did in their prime under Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom