• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Né

Matt

I don't get it, i really don't get it...

Marco Né is going to OLYMPIAKOS (Greece) in July. He signed his contract today.

Most of you won't bother, but i hope this will not end up like the transfer of Yaya where Arsenal missed one of the biggest stars of the future !!

A

Anonymous

He is on a free so a good deal. Do Olympiakos need extra midfielders or could he be replacing Yaya?

Spartan

they've got quite a few centre mids so i think they're bracing themselves for toure leaving...to us hopefully

Spartan

why? coz he wanted to

no hes not joining us...rumours are that yaya will be coming to us in the summer

Spartan

Ivory Coast international Marco Ne, who was expected to join Arsenal, is instead heading for Olympiakos.

The Beveren midfielder had a trial at Highbury and Arsène Wenger was closely monitoring his progress in Belgium at The Gunners' feeder club.

However, following the career path of Yaya Toure, Ne is uprooting to Greece to play for Olympiakos - although the transfer will not be processed until the end of the Jupiler League season.

The 22-year-old will sign a three-year contract after an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two clubs.

Coach Trond Sollied, who was previously with Club Brugge, has been aware of Ne's qualities and will look forward to welcoming his new arrival in the summer.

from skysports.com

Matt

The story about Né is a big scandal in Belgium !

There was an agreement between the clubs Beveren and Arsenal that Né was going to Arsenal at the moment that he would get a work permit.

But this week, Né and his agent went to Greece and signed a contract himself with Olympiakos, behind the back of Beveren and his "second father" Guillou.

Now he's gone on a free transfer ! So Beveren doesn't get a penny ! The club and Guillou are furious about the actions of Né and are now considering taking sanctions against the player.

At this moment, it seems that Né won't play anymore for Beveren this season and he will have to train with the reserves. With this in mind, he will definately miss the World Cup !!

Chips&CurrySauce

Thats interesting Matt.. Was Ne out of contract this Summer then? And why would Ne choose Olympiakos above Arsenal... Doesn't make sense to me, unless they were offering much higher wages than we were intending to.. Even so you would have thought there would have been some negotiations with all parties involved!

A

Anonymous

Matt said:

There was an agreement between the clubs Beveren and Arsenal that Né was going to Arsenal at the moment that he would get a work permit.

But this week, Né and his agent went to Greece and signed a contract himself with Olympiakos, behind the back of Beveren and his "second father" Guillou.

Now he's gone on a free transfer ! So Beveren doesn't get a penny ! The club and Guillou are furious about the actions of Né and are now considering taking sanctions against the player.

At this moment, it seems that Né won't play anymore for Beveren this season and he will have to train with the reserves. With this in mind, he will definately miss the World Cup !!

The little prick. I know people are still executed in Beveren.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Thats interesting Matt.. Was Ne out of contract this Summer then? And why would Ne choose Olympiakos above Arsenal... Doesn't make sense to me, unless they were offering much higher wages than we were intending to.. Even so you would have thought there would have been some negotiations with all parties involved!

playing time and wages, all the money that Arsenal would pay Beveren now instead went into his own (and agents) pockets, sign on fees you'know

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Great videoclip. he must realise that Arsenal is the best club for him, playing time wise and development wise. Sure he will make more money at Chelski but he will still be set for life at the ageof 25 if he plays for us. How many ferraris can you own?

Army of Me

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Great videoclip. he must realise that Arsenal is the best club for him, playing time wise and development wise. Sure he will make more money at Chelski but he will still be set for life at the ageof 25 if he plays for us. How many ferraris can you own?
who you talking about?

sabret00the

Established Member
Matt said:

hmmmm, Yaya Toure replacement? either way it's actually good news, Arsène's gonna be forced to look elsewhere, hence the diary story. not quite what i was looking for but it's a start.

longrufus

Established Member
well im not that dissappointed to be honest, was never really excited over him coming anyway, and if this all means we have a better chance of getting yaya, then maybe it is a twist of fortune

A

Anonymous

We never wanted him and he didnt want us. Berveren loose out on a couple of million and i could not give a flying ****.

Credit should go to Ne for joining a team where he will start more and develop his career.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom