• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Ballack

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfunker

There is no way Arsenal after letting vieria go will sign a player as old as Ballack and for as much money as he wants.....

Gah, I still remember those bloody van Bommel rumours. Now there's another player I really wouldn't have minded seeing at Highbury.

malagar

9 million would be little bit too much considering he has only 1 yearl left on his contract and that he is turning 29 . But his salaries shouldnt be a problem - they dont pay that much to players in germany( he is propably below 50k at the moment) and you can speculate that a salary in the region of 50-70k per week would do .

I highly doubt he's on anything below 50k a week. Even at Leverkusen he must have been on at least 35k a week.

9 million may be a lot for a 29-year-old, but Ballack is such an absolute corker of a player that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wenger was willing to pay something like that for his services.

Bit pointless discussing it though, seeing as there's basically no chance of us signing him.

HardStyle

Surely this isn't going to happen? If by some miracle it does, i'd be over the moon. Ballack is a midfield player with an absolute eye for goal, something vieira never had.

Jinn

Established Member
He won't come to England. The perception of England as a physical league will put paid to that. Ballack doesn't want to get injured in a World Cup year.

Jinn

Established Member
Yeah. I think he might move there instead - his agent seems to be talking up Spain and Italy.

Ratinho

Established Member
I have this weird feeling Madrid might line up:

-----------------------Casillas------------------------

<insert genuinely shocking top line defence here>

---------------------------------Ballack--------------

---------------Beckham------------------------------

-------------------------------------Zidane-----------

---------Robinho/Raul--------------------------------

---------------------------Baptista--------------------

-------------------Ronaldo----------------------------

But as it's just a weird feeling, i'll put it down to the dogdy looking sandwich I had at lunch.

Alexone234

Pat leaving and Ballacks age are not related. At 29, Juve paid more money for Pat than we would for Vieira, why? Because between 28 and 32 you have your best years. Pat didn't have the fight for us anymore so he moved on, Ballack doesn't have the fight for Bayern anymore which is why he is looking to move on.

Ballack, looking for a new challenge, wanting to find a place in a forward moving team, playing Cl football, with world class team mates, Arsenal is the place to be.

Arsenal, needing the addition of experience in the MF, wishing to replace Vieira, hoping to find a mid term solution to blooding Flamini and Cesc, would look at Ballack as a great prospect.

Forget the Essien link though, he is going to Chelsea and Lyon are takling about Arsenal to try to push the sale through.

If Ballack was flying to Manchester for Munich he would not need to go to Heathrow/Gatwick he would fly direct, probably at Uniteds expense in the private jet. Lets hope these are omens for a new signing.

asajoseph

Established Member
Ratinho said:
I have this weird feeling Madrid might line up:

-----------------------Casillas------------------------

<insert genuinely shocking top line defence here>

---------------------------------Ballack--------------

---------------Beckham------------------------------

-------------------------------------Zidane-----------

---------Robinho/Raul--------------------------------

---------------------------Baptista--------------------

-------------------Ronaldo----------------------------

But as it's just a weird feeling, i'll put it down to the dogdy looking sandwich I had at lunch.

Are you edison in disguiuse?

Nah, (not at all) seriously, I like the idea - just get them lining up in one big straight line down the pitch. Width is for pussies

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm not accusing you of making anything up mate, I just find it strange that nobody even bothered putting it on a website. If there was anything to it, I suspect we'd have heard more today.

Legend#1

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I'm not accusing you of making anything up mate, I just find it strange that nobody even bothered putting it on a website. If there was anything to it, I suspect we'd have heard more today.

I didn't say you did :?

Some idiot over on Arsenal World's message board did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom