• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Saka is overrated for me amongst the Arsenal fans. Most have him as their “star boy” and he clearly isn’t that. Good PL level talent. Not a great footballer.

Ode is another one, overrated despite being a flat track bully, rarely performs in the big matches. Let’s see how he does against Porto away.
Who else fits this description?

djpeat

Saka is overrated for me amongst the Arsenal fans. Most have him as their “star boy” and he clearly isn’t that. Good PL level talent. Not a great footballer.

Ode is another one, overrated despite being a flat track bully, rarely performs in the big matches. Let’s see how he does against Porto away.
You should really work on your inner filter
Some things you are better off just thinking and not saying

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rosicky and Cazorla. The latter was good and very talented but our fans were hyping him up like he was in the same bracket as Iniesta, Xavi, David Silva etc - not for me.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Most of the Wenger era players were super overrated in that immediate post Invincibles period.

There was one year we had three world class players as regular contributors to the squad (2010-11) and that apart it was one or two carrying a team of mediocrity.

There was a quote from Denilson today saying until Messi put away those four goals he felt we were going to win the game.

This was a team starting Bentdner up front with Championship quality players Silvestre and Almunia in the Camp Nou against the dominant team in Europe.

It was Wenger’s greatest achievement keeping us in the big show year on year. He made some awful teams believe they could win at the highest level.

Likes of Hleb, Bendtner, Gallas, Denilson, Song and Vermaelen disappeared off the face of the football world as soon as they left but with us they looked world class at times.

That’s what true management is. Now you get the “best” managers crying if they haven’t got two word class players in every position.

Thomas Tuchel telling his Bayern team of players like Kane, Kimmich, Muller, Musiala and Neuer today that they aren’t good enough to win.

You’re the manager. Make your players better. That’s your job. That’s Arsène’s legacy and why the trophy talk is so reductive.

balthazar

34 goals and 7 assists in his last season for Dinamo
I was really excited, as Croat, when he arrived to Arsenal.
He had 4 goals and 6 assists in his 960 minutes in Arsenal before that butcher Taylor massacred him and ruined his career.
Eduardo had 29 goals in 62 matches for our national team.
He never recovered completely, he was half a player he was before after coming back.
Who knows what could have he achieved without this injury?
So, I don't think that he was overrated, he simply couldn't finish his career in normal way.
Scored one of my favorite goals from the era. The outside of the boot volley vs Burnley... pure genius.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
How was Reyes? As a kid, I loved him, but at the same time sad he took Pires' spot

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Rosicky and Cazorla. The latter was good and very talented but our fans were hyping him up like he was in the same bracket as Iniesta, Xavi, David Silva etc - not for me.

He was a really , really good player but a level below the great technical Spaniards of his Gen. I wouldn't say he was THAT overrated , there's definitely been worse

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If they win the title or CL than their hype is justified. Saka there is atleast some debate, but Ødegaard especially is rated a bit higher than he should be for now.

He was underrated when he showed up and was compared to ESR, now it’s the opposite.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi should be on the shortlist.

Ran around a bit, acted like a **** and going against Arteta got him pretty highly rated on here at one stage :lol:
He came from the second French tier and became a starter in central midfield immediately for us at 19. About "ran about a bit" that's the same stuff that gets our 65m signing ratings today.

If he got himself a trust the process tattoo the same lot calling him sh*t would be sucking him dry here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He came from the second French tier and became a starter in central midfield immediately for us at 19. About "ran about a bit" that's the same stuff that gets our 65m signing ratings today.

If he got himself a trust the process tattoo the same lot calling him sh*t would be sucking him dry here.

He's literally just after having an excellent CL KO game Vs Bayern the other day too, still waiting for certain midfielders at that level....

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Eduardo is another one. A tidy player, nothing more but the leg break leads to "what could he have become" discussions with a lot of the fanbase acting like he'd have been scoring 20+ goals every season.
He would've been/was better than Giroud but behind RvP. He was already showing what he could do even before joining Arsenal

Think part of the reason for his slow start was that was played on the wing which was not his position, once moved to CF he started to show what he could do and then he got his leg broken.

Eduardo shouldn't take part in this thread if you ask me

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If they win the title or CL than their hype is justified. Saka there is atleast some debate, but Ødegaard especially is rated a bit higher than he should be for now.

He was underrated when he showed up and was compared to ESR, now it’s the opposite.
Think part of the reason they are rated so highly is that players before them were simply awful and fans needed some new heroes here.

The moment Saka stepped on the pitch for the first time he was already a new Robben for us just because we couldn't stand other players at the time.

Similar to Ødegaard, we could barely play football and connect 3 passes before he started to play well for us so was easy to sometimes overrate just because we were so used to having worse players before

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom