• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• van Persie

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBL

Established Member
On a side note, Senderos was included in the BBC Sport team of the week......just bonkers!

link

Lukazan

Established Member
Hleb. Best player for Arsenal, best player on the pitch.

Deserved more work from some of them around him.

himanshu

Hleb IMO. Like the commentator said, he looks like hes been an arsenal player for years. in the first half he was everywhere! hope we see more of the same from Hleb

Army of Me

Established Member
I seem to be alone with this one, but for me Cole was brilliant, he snuffed out Chelsea's main attacking threats with ease: Duff, Robben and then Wright-Phillips. He looked as dangerous as anyone else going forward and actually looked like he wanted to play. He did his job very well.

For his first full premiership game I thought Hleb was brilliant, but I can't give him MotM because except for a couple of mazy runs around the middle of the park, he didn't create anything, and didn't really pose any sort of real threat to the Chelsea defence.

Tegh

Established Member
Cole did play well.

One question, how the HELL did Lampard get MOTM, that was pure bullsh!t, and omfg, Jamie Redknapp afterwards on Sky Sports, licking Lampards ass. Damn cousins, doesn't he know that's illiegal?

James

Established Member
Kolo Toure. Amazing performance, solid as a rock.

Hleb and Ashley also had very good games.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Kolo for me, Kolo-ssal, didn't deserve to be on the losing side, it's great to see him back to his best.

Honourable shout to Hleb, and like Tegh, I thought Cole was quality.

Ricky_AFC

Toure. I thought Lauren and Cole had really good games too, says a lot that they kept Duff and Robben and SWP quiet.

Tegh

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I take it whoever gave it to Henry either didn't see the game or was taking the p'ss?

Lmao.

They probably watched a recording of a previous Arsenal - Chelsea game.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Toure's popularity on this board is like a swinging pendulum at times...

Toure was excellent, but I gave it to Hleb. I've always dismissed the possibility of using Toure in midfield, but thinking about it more, I think it could work. Toure has great pace, energy, strength, good skill and a powerful shot. He obviously likes to get forward as he showed yesterday and against Chelsea in the CS. It'd leave us too short the back though.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
lol, just noticed that Senderos is in BBC's team of the week. Personally I thought he did well against Chelsea. The goal wasn't his fault - he played Drogba offside, so he can't be held accountable for not getting back to stop him. The later errors were bad, but at that stage the team was tired and stretched.

James

Established Member
I thought Senderos had a very good game. I don't see there goal as a defensive error, cause like you've said, he played Drugbar offside but obviously wasn't given.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match award for this game goes to Alexander Hlebhis first MOTM award for his great performance on Sunday. He won the award with 45% of the votes, 2nd place went to Kolo Toure who got 36% of the votes and 3rd went to Jens Lehmann who had 10%.

5246.jpg

Well done Alex

Thanks to everyone that voted and those that left comments. Check out the article which will be on the homepage shortly.

TG

KEEP THE FAITH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom