• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Papa Bouba Diop

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
No. Barton is better than Parker, he has a better footballing brain. Parker just sit tight and tackles where else Barton creates things

ajaxgunner

TheHotshot said:
No. Barton is better than Parker, he has a better footballing brain. Parker just sit tight and tackles where else Barton creates things

I disagree. Parker ran the midfield and looked brilliant at Charlton. What impressed me when he was there was his ability to tackle and quickly initiate the attack. And he scored a few goals for them, too. My impression of Barton until this season was headless chicken.

AfC_li4nGht

Originally posted by TheHotshot:

I disagree. Parker ran the midfield and looked brilliant at Charlton. What impressed me when he was there was his ability to tackle and quickly initiate the attack. And he scored a few goals for them, too. My impression of Barton until this season was headless chicken.

That was 2 years ago since Parker in charlton shirt. Since transfered to chelsea, Parker hardly touch the ball. In this season, Barton impressed me the most :angel

A

Anonymous

Let's not turn this into a who and who and who vs who.

The defensive midfielder slot is still obviously up for grabs at Arsenal.

Diop does have moments of really good play. But he can also be subdued too easily for my liking personally.

I suggested Parker for ability, hunger, positional awareness and age.
Overall I think he is the best buy available in the premiership.
And I use the term available very loosely.

As for Reyna...

What can I say. He's american.
I love the anti-american climate.
Makes a nice change.

And we have players for his position.

Ziontrain

Kha0z said:
I suggested Parker for ability, hunger, positional awareness and age.
Overall I think he is the best buy available in the premiership.
And I use the term available very loosely..

He's a midget. We got Flamini and Cesc already for the mindget quota. Its gotta be someone with size.

American or Martian, Reyna is past his best. Not that he's not useful, but I don't see that being worth more than a free. If we were going to pay money for a 30 yr old midfielder I'd only go for Okocha.

A

Anonymous

To be honest.

I know Flamini hasn't been given as much of a chance to shine as Cesc.

I still believe that Flamini is the wrong side of average.

Parker may be whatever. But his performances say different. He has actually played well thusfar in his newcastle life.

No whether that's just the honeymood period, being good in a bad bunch, or the fact that he can truly play that position is yet to be asnwered fully.
Right now, I'd say he does the job better the Flamini.

Carrick has underperformed. Oh.. how they wished they'd scopped mascherno when they had the chance.

ajaxgunner

Ziontrain said:
American or Martian, Reyna is past his best. Not that he's not useful, but I don't see that being worth more than a free. If we were going to pay money for a 30 yr old midfielder I'd only go for Okocha.

Just to be contentious, Reyna's actually been playing some of the best football of his career this season. I'd argue Okocha's the one past his best. He seems to either be brilliant or completely ineffective, depending on the day, a complaint I've heard Bolton fans make.

And fair point about Barton and Parker, AfC_li4nGht. Barton has been a lot better this season. But maybe it's just Reyna :wink: .

A

Anonymous

Barton's playing well because there is no pressure on the team.
Simple as that.

Man City have no target to aim for.

No Deadline, no manager under pressure.

No actual hardbeat reason to win a game, other then for winning's sake, and pride and fun, which is what they are doing.

Contrast that with say, Everton.. and Cahill.
Or contrast that with Parker, Or Emre.
And you continue in this vein with Other players who are expected to deliver, week in, week out. Barton isn't under any pressure because aside from being dropped, he has no burden on his shoulders.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Barton is now just like Lampard when he was still at West Ham. Don't have much to do playing well and just play for fun then he moved to Chelsea and still he was performing well and now he's world class.

I can see that with Barton

A

Anonymous

Lampard is a work horse.

Individually, he isn't beating anyone.

Not Ronaldinho, Not Kaka, Not C.Ronaldo. Not Cesc.

He benefits from doing simple things well consistently.
And having world class people all around him to free him up and cover for his mistakes. Sure he has quite a few goals for a midfielder, take away the deflections however, and it's a different record entirely.

Again, Makelele, Essien and any in that role is the true spine.. that pushes Lampard.

Not to say I don't like Barton - He's honest.
But I don't see him being world class during the next five years.

A.M.A.G.

Kha0z said:
Lampard is a work horse.

Individually, he isn't beating anyone.

Not Ronaldinho, Not Kaka, Not C.Ronaldo. Not Cesc.

He benefits from doing simple things well consistently.
And having world class people all around him to free him up and cover for his mistakes. Sure he has quite a few goals for a midfielder, take away the deflections however, and it's a different record entirely.

Again, Makelele, Essien and any in that role is the true spine.. that pushes Lampard.

Not to say I don't like Barton - He's honest.
But I don't see him being world class during the next five years.

No more no less can be said about Lampard!

qs

Established Member
Bartons not suitable. I think Diop has the ability but he gives away too many silly free kicks for my liking. That kind of thing would crucify you in europe. Still he's bound to leave considering Fulham are muck. So for the right price Id take him.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom