• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Papa Bouba Diop

Viper

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Im watching vs United and he gives the ball awya everytime he gets it, he would be lost in the one touch football we play. He has a poor first touch too.

No way is he Arsenal material.
I thought he played quite well.

He unleashed a shot from 35 yards and it nearly went in.

sabret00the

Established Member
he's just not what i want, i think if we're really gonna bring in a CM who could cripple the prospects of Cesc it should be world class.

Taozhe

this could be our trick to get mancs to sign a **** player then laugh at them. It worked with jenas already.

gunner in dubai

i have watched him on numerous occasions, he is lazy and surely not as dynamic as our holding midfielders usually are, i don't rate him at all, and i am sure Wenger will not go for him, it's just nonsense from the papers as usual.

weelip

Saw him in the second half of Fulham's game yesterday and wasn't really impressed. True he did made some decent tackles and that one good shot, but his passing and control is quite shockingly bad. He also seems to have this tendency to make rash tackles.

I do not think Wenger will go for him as he does not seems much better than Song. Didnt Wenger said something like he will only buy if the targetted player is much better than the propects he has at the moment?

kamikaze80

Established Member
so what if he had a good world cup, baros had a great euro tournament. diop's not bad by any means but hes not worth spending a transfer fee.

Ziontrain

kamikaze80 said:
so what if he had a good world cup, baros had a great euro tournament. diop's not bad by any means but hes not worth spending a transfer fee.

No, he confirmed in the World Cup what he had been doing at lens for several seasons - box-to-box work. If he hadn't had the injury at the wrong time, he would have ended up on a top 4 team - not Fulham.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Diop seems more suited playing box to box but at Fulham he can't as Claus Jensen plays a more attacking role next to him, he'd be scoring alot more and playing better if he got to play how he likes to. You can see how muchof a difference it makes when he's bombing forward rather than sitting back just by watching how him play now though of course that's a rare occurance with the role he has.

AFCFan4Ever

Forget Bouba Diop, Meriem, or anyone else....buy Nuri Sahin. He's the best youth player in the world (yeah that includes Messi, Nasri, Dos Santos, or anyone else) and could walk straight into our side and make an immediate impact even at such a young age, would be another Cesc...only better.

A

Anonymous

Is this what the Arsenal scouting board is up to these days?

Funny how things change.

Surely even Arsène can do better then this.

I'd rather stick with flamini. Infact, I'd rather just errect a scarecrow in the midfield position and carry on from there.

Gurgen

Established Member
Midfield playmaker, plays for Monaco. Decent technique, no balls. Would fit right in at Fulham.

AfC_li4nGht

I would like to suggest Joey Barton. Ball winner in middle of the park, & good passing as i saw on Mancs vs everton assist to vassell and changed in attitude.

I know, I know. Wenger won't go for english players? :|

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom