• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 08/05/05

A

Anonymous

looks to me he will probably start in the cup final.

would he the youngest. anyone know?

patrick42uk

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Actually patrick i thought his movement into central areas was very intelligent and perfect for today's game. SInce Liverpool played 3 CMs and one striker up front he didnt really have to cover Lauren that much in the first half.
By dropping inside a more centre right position he also helped us dominate the Liverpool midfield trio.

thats what inside midfielders do, move into central positions. and i do beleive he is instructed to do that because wenger knows it will bring the best out of his ability. pires used to be a cm and made a similar conversion.

kanooo

Am I the only one who saw Vieira kept giving the ball away?

Although really satisfied with the final score, I really didn't enjoy the second half. It looked like Liverpool were playing better but IMO, they were not really in control either. It was really scrappy.

We should have, and actally might have scored about 3 or 4 in the first half alone.

quattro

we looked a little shaky in the second half, but thats just it: we didn't give in to their newfound momentum and that says a lot. if we had this kind of composure and resolve throughout most of the season no telling if we could've retained our title. overall though this performance just shows what we are capable of even without key players like henry, campbell and ljungberg. we weren't going to lose this game regardless of liverpool's resurgence in the second half and they only scored from an undeserved free kick.

the young players have really proven their worth this season and its looking really good for our chances in the cup final and for next season. things are looking up.

Taozhe

Good game to the lads! We shattered Liverpool's hopes of qualifying through the 4th spot and our spanish kids Reyes and Cesc got on the scoresheet!

I hope next season we can take the premiership out of Chelsea's hand! It looks good - the future. Senderos, Cesc, RVP, Reyes - if we can hold on to them of course. They will be highly targeted by other clubs in future but Ashburton Grove will provide the funds to secure their contracts - hopefully. And Quattro, nice to see you back agaiN!

Zico

Established Member
The most amazing thing for me is that we are able to put in this excellent performance with Sol, Dennis and Edu on the bench while Henry and Ljunberg watched from the stands. When you consider that we also held twice this year Chelsea while fielding a largely under 23 squad, then you begin to appreciate our year.

As for Liverpool, they're too inconsistent to compete in anything but cup competitions. The reality is that they're closer in points to West Brom than they are to Chelsea, so we should've expected nothing less than a win.

teitzo

what a great game, worth waking up at 1am in the morning for. man i was spewing when liverpool won that free kick just out side the box and scored!!
it just shows how good a team is when we played bad in the second half, yet still managed a goal.

Kum_Arsenal

A good game fro Arsenal.

And 2nd Position Sealed. :D

A great Free Kick from Pires :D

A good goal from Reyes :D

another good goal Fabreacas.

Guys did u see the pass of D.Berkamp to Cesc. That was a real cool pass.
who can do these kind of passes. Only Dennis can do that.

Is that justify that we need him for the Next Season. :D

galaxyheight

we were awesome in the first half but awful in the second half. this is happened to us most of the time. we were only good in the first half but bad in the second half. i have seen us playing like this so many times. we can't be God in the first half and be devil in the second half. If they are not tired who knows they might punish us yesterday and scored more than one goal in the second half.

Zico

Established Member
galaxyheight said:
we were awesome in the first half but awful in the second half. this is happened to us most of the time. we were only good in the first half but bad in the second half. i have seen us playing like this so many times. we can't be God in the first half and be devil in the second half. If they are not tired who knows they might punish us yesterday and scored more than one goal in the second half.

It was a motivation issue. Liverpool played dead in the first half and, with a two goal lead, our players figured the game was over when they went to halftime. The problem with starting the second half in cruise control is that it is often very difficult to flick the switch and play at a higher level. I think sometimes Wenger waits a little too long to introduce substitutes who can raise the standard of play. Certainly, Edu should've entered the game earlier to thwart the Kop ascendency.

Another matter to consider: is it possible that van Persie is most comfortable in the Solskjaer role of super sub or is it too early in his career to box him in that job?

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
thats what inside midfielders do, move into central positions. and i do beleive he is instructed to do that because wenger knows it will bring the best out of his ability. pires used to be a cm and made a similar conversion.

In a way Fabregas slightly coming central has made our 2 man CM pairing almost into a three man CM, it might be a tactical move by Wenger to help combat our problems against the 3 man CMs we have had. Fabregas isn't the type to go out wide either thus making us more solid central and he isn't afraid to get stuck in.

Spartan

loved it when we were singing "wheres your **** flag gone!!"

haha when they pulled out that sorry excuse for a flag...they blatantly nicked it off an advertising board in the CL game. had mastercard on it!!

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
patrick42uk said:

In a way Fabregas slightly coming central has made our 2 man CM pairing almost into a three man CM, it might be a tactical move by Wenger to help combat our problems against the 3 man CMs we have had. Fabregas isn't the type to go out wide either thus making us more solid central and he isn't afraid to get stuck in.

theres nothing new about it. pires has been doing th same thing since the beginning of time and fabregas is just replicating that on the right. different from ljungberg of course who came central to make darts into the box. i dont think its a new thing developed to challenge 5 man midfields. its always been done here.

marco

thought we played really well first half pires was excellent.

second half was harder liverpool looking a lot better,

also i think we saw yesterday the worst 15 minutes of football by an arsenal player
edu the money grabbing ****** did not want to know he didnt move to do anything

zero effort!
how some fans sing his name i wil never know!

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom