• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 03/01/06

zerofeel

Cesc probably had an off night because he didnt have the time and space to string killer passes as Manure was quick to harass us off the ball.Hleb had a great game imo he sheltered Cesc pretty much and did alot of backtracking to win back the ball for us.Thought he was playing a rather defensive role in that game.

It is our forward line that is a problem because we dont have a great TARGETMAN like Drogba or Crespo for a 4-5-1 formation and we dont have skillfull wingers to supply the balls.And nobody wants to take SHOTS at goal outside the six yard box!!! WTF is wrong with us...only Cesc and Pires tried from mid range while Henry literally wanted to dribble the ball into the goalmouth at times.Confidence is missing so much atm.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Another goaless draw. But the good thing is that Manure found it hard to control the game so I assume we are back on tracks.

Tegh

Established Member
zerofeel, I feel we do have the right wingers to send crosses in, or at least the players - since the jury's out on Reyes's position. The fact is, no-one's ever there to challenge for the ball. Last night was a perfect example, Lauren crossed in and Henry wasn't seen anywhere. He never challenges anything in the air and as a result we lose the first and second balls which isn't on.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
IMO united looked a lot more tired than we did, they allowed us a lot more time on the ball than they usually do, and they were nowhere near as physical as i expected them to be. Having said that, i think most of our players were up for it, only to be let down by the unbelievably negative tactics that we employed. I think it was clear that Arsène was more concerned about how low the team morale would sink down to had we lost than he was about winning. tbh it was more like 4-6-0 than 4-5-1. There were times when reyes and pires would pick up the ball from their own half looking for a quick counter attack, only to be forced to slow down the move as they realize that we have absolutely nobody up front. We had tried this formation in the cup final and not once did we have a serious goal scoring opportunity. If we cant score, then how are we supposed to win ?

It could have been worse though, and imo deep down Arsène is relieved with a draw.

Gooner_Girl

Thank god we got a point. Disappointing match, but guess down to festive period fixtures. I don't think 4-5-1 works for us, we don't score goals using this formation. We did better than i thought we would, but still we over pass in congested penalty areas and no one wants to shoot. Starting to getting very annoying now, should have taken more shots maybe we could have had goals. And a penalty as well. Lucky manure had an off day or we would have lost for sure. Cygan's still rubbish and kept setting up for manure most the time. Hleb actually started to attempt shooting which is good but still average player. We need to start winning games and change back to 4-4-2.

Tegh

Established Member
Yeah, he went in on Cesc from behind, he got the ball but took the man out first.

Had that **** Fletcher not been in the way, we'd probably have been awarded it.

anomaly

I was there last night, row 1 in the west stand, right next to where the Manc **** warmed up. It was great being there tho...gave Rooney and the Horse tons of abuse. At one point, Rooney looked me dead in the eyes. I held his stare, and mouthed the words "F*ck off" straight at him...he scowled, broke the stare, and looked away. I beat him :D

Oh, and to add insult to injury..

DSC04207.jpg

(that's Rooney, behind my finger, silly granny shagger)

So immature, I know, had to be done tho :D

I also got our green dinosaur mascot (Gunnersaurus i think) with the lovejoy-style school boy error handshake, from Soccer AM, when he was walking round the pitch shaking everyones hand. haha... :D

Tegh

Established Member
lol nice one anomaly.
Small fingers you have though, how old are you!?
It looks like some kind of midget hand, was wee-man there!?

anomaly

lol, no, it's actually an optical illusion! The gloves i wore are very thick, and i took the picture quickly (didn't want to get in too much trouble with the stewards), so my fingers weren't very bent. I';ve yet to perfect the art of giving famous footballers the middle finger :(

one day tho..

Tegh

Established Member
It's alright if you're a midget man, we've all been there.

Albeit, when we were a child, but still, I feel your pain.

Do you want a hug? Here, grab my leg.

anomaly

haha :lol:

i could post a whole photography album of my hands, in different positions and poses, as proof if you wish..but i feel that'd be taking it just a step too far.. :shock:

Courier

James said:
Just got back, and i still don't know what to make of tonight game, but Rocky's pretty much said what i was going to say.

Kolo, Reyes and Gilberto were our best players tonight.

I think tonight showed just how far both sides are off from Chelsea. Whilst they go forwards, we're going backwards, and fast.

This is the 2nd or 3rd thread that fans thought Gilberto played better and he did.He played TWO forward passes all night but NEITHER found their man.Every other pass was backwards and sidewards.My point being is this, he was actually noticed because he got involved showed a couple of tricks in tight situations and because of it we were generally more fluid and solid. Thats why I go mad when I see this 'invisible wall' sh*t! Wenger NEEDS to bring a player who can replace Gilberto as one of the stepping stones to making us better, because believe me fellas this will be the last time you see this tortoise before he disappears into his shell again and everyone looks to Cesc as the weak link instead of the other way round.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom